MonsterVerse Thread = Godzilla VS Kong : Out Now On HBO MaX & Theaters

1709424363410.jpeg

i wasnt in but now that kongs gon ride gojira like blue on the trex then take all my money

yah but there are still plenty of people who dont pay attention to toys or merch but trailers playing on tv or in youtube commercials/ads can be difficult to avoid for the general public

i mean honestly, ive seen that leaked toy once and never saw it again and i frequent these comic book/scifi report sites plenty so it is actually easy to avoid that one

it releases next week, it could have been a good surprise who was doing the ice breathe in the prior trailers

movie was ok to good, as long as you accept the ridiculousness of the whole concept

humans exist in this film tor exposition, all they really do is explain what is going on because the monsters cant talk

if you liked godzilla v kong then you will enjoy this one, its turned up by 100

i caught myself laughing at the ridiculousness but perhaps in a good way as its cool?

like at one point, godzilla literally suplexed kong then he tried to stomp his head

then in another instance, there was no gravity so the monsters were like flying around as they fight :lol:

and had scenes like this

it does feel like more monster oriented and there were actually a monster or two that felt wasted

and it looked great on imax

so maybe 5 out of 8 as long as you just turn off your brain and just accept the premise otherwise its probably a 2 or 3 if being generous

Last edited:
movie was ok to good, as long as you accept the ridiculousness of the whole concept

humans exist in this film tor exposition, all they really do is explain what is going on because the monsters cant talk

i caught myself laughing at the ridiculousness but perhaps in a good way as its cool?

like at one point, godzilla literally suplexed kong then he tried to stomp his head

then in another instance, there was no gravity so the monsters were like flying around as they fight :lol:

and had scenes like this

it does feel like more monster oriented and there were actually a monster or two that felt wasted

so maybe 5 out of 8 as long as you just turn off your brain and just accept the premise otherwise its probably a 2 or 3 if being generous

Feels kinda like that Fast & Furious pivot where the first movie's don't even feel like it's in the same universe anymore. But that's not the worst thing, I suppose.

Especially since Godzilla's one of the franchises where you can concurrently be running this Monsterverse, while at the same time, drop gems like Shin Gozdilla and Minus One at the same time. I'm ok with it.

Yeah…but them gems are from different companies with rights in different regions.

Shin and Minus are great movies because it applies that stoic Japanese philosophy to art. Gojira isn’t silly rubber schlock over there (or maybe it is lol).

The first of the Kong and Godzilla movies were more serious fare. I’m not a fan of this F&F especially if it’s not the same level of entertainment.

Feels kinda like that Fast & Furious pivot where the first movie's don't even feel like it's in the same universe anymore. But that's not the worst thing, I suppose.

Especially since Godzilla's one of the franchises where you can concurrently be running this Monsterverse, while at the same time, drop gems like Shin Gozdilla and Minus One at the same time. I'm ok with it.

this one is a kong movie with a dash of godzilla btw, i mean it is kind of a given considering the trailers and all

A wasted monster?? Hmm, any references to classic Godzilla adversaries or is everyone new?

i believe its new but referenced in a prior film

and had scenes like this

Brain been turned off since they went into the middle of the Earth.

I cannot wait :smokin

Back
Top Bottom