More Air Prestos?

Yeah, I'm glad I went with an XL this release.

They fit perfect and I'm a true 12.

I can do 12.5 in case I need to size up on certain sneakers.

Nike needs to retro these Olympics.

(Not my photo)

-Drew

Adding my own two cents / comparison from the 2004 and 2015 pair. I have an OG pair but it is at my parents house.

Sizing : Ordered a S and my 04 pair is also a S. The OG pair I have at home is an XS. Sizing seems true to me. I am a true size 9 and the 15 pair fits exactly the same as my 04 pair. The OG pair I have definitely fits smaller - much closer to an 8.5.

Overall I am happy with the 15 pair. You can tell that the mesh sleeve on the inside and the outside is softer on the 2004 pair but the 15 pair had great step in comfort.

Does anyone know if these retros have a Zoom Air bag in the heel or if its embedded in the midsole? Or if they have any Zoom in them at all?

Last edited:

-Drew

See I am a true 12 as well and I got a L. I think my L fit perfect. lol

did not feel the black ones or the mustards....but if they keep em coming i might buy more....really comfy shoe!

normally 11.5-12 in nikes and size L fits perfect! XL would be too big....

-Drew

See I am a true 12 as well and I got a L. I think my L fit perfect. lol

did not feel the black ones or the mustards....but if they keep em coming i might buy more....really comfy shoe!
normally 11.5-12 in nikes and size L fits perfect! XL would be too big....

I should've mentioned that I have wide feet. *laughs

-Drew

To say you're a true 12 and large fits perfect is curious...I'm a 12. I wear a 12.5 or 13 in air maxes and a 11.5 in Jordan's.

All 6 pairs of Prestos I have had are xl with 1 pair of xxl I am reselling. Large would be much too small. Moral of the story is its about width and personal preference. As Nike states though xl is for size 12-13. If we are taking Nike running sizes into account that seems accurate.

So what are the plans to drop any of the other OG Prestos? Anyone seen anything?

I'm hearing all 13 originals, will try to confirm. Unholy cumulus should be for sure and possibly the SC one with the palm tree print.

Last edited:
Uh I was hoping that I would get mine this Friday, they've been in the country since the 22nd I have no clue wtf customs is doing

Got mine last night and @trethousandgt was 100% correct. Sizing is WAAAY off from the original run. My 2000s in a L have the EXACT same dimensions as these 2015s in XL. Makes me almost wish I went for an XXL instead.
Initial thoughts:

- Overall quality is decent. Not noticeably better or worse than the OGs IMO.

- OG's had a lot more white lightning strike on them. The retros have more blue. The core of the strike on the retros is higher on the tongue and I didn't notice until I had them in hand, but it's off center. The white lightning extends along the lateral sides of the retros while the medial side has blue lightning. OG's had the white and blue spread out evenly over the whole shoe.

- The material on the retros is coarser and feels thinner than that on the OGs. The mesh on the OGs was a bit more plush and soft to the touch.

- The print on the retros appears darker, although that could just be because my OG Trouble at Homes are worn out. Still though, when flexing the forefoot forward they don't seem to "fade" as much as the OG's did; ie: show the white lines in between the black and blue print on the white based mesh.

I'll post some comparison pics this evening.

Alright, sorry for the delay. Here's some comparison pics or the 2000 and 2015 Trouble at Homes.

The 2000's are sz L and the 2015s are sz XL. Both pairs share the same dimentions. The outsole, midsole, cage and upper are the same dimensions in spite of their stated sizing difference.

My previous post seems to have covered the cosmetic variations. The Lightning Strike pattern is much more prevalent on the upper of the 2000 release, with the exception of the heel area. The heel on the 2000s is predominately black, while the lateral side of the 2015s has more lightning.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this release. I do wish the core of the strike was still at the center of the tongue and there was a bit more lightning on the shoe, but I've been waiting for these to re-release for a long time so I'll take what I can get.

DSC05539.jpg

DSC05540.jpg

DSC05544.jpg

DSC05545.jpg

DSC05549.jpg

DSC05550.jpg

DSC05548.jpg

Bonus Abdominal Snowman pic.

DSC05553.jpg

@dankenstien88

Not sure if it's just me but I can only see the last pic of the abdominals (nice pic nonetheless)
I am not sure of the OG name of these but I just want to clarify something. Totally not being a jerk here either. It is abominable snowman, not abdominal. Abdominal refers to our abs/midsection/abdomen. 

I am not sure of the OG name of these but I just want to clarify something. Totally not being a jerk here either. It is abominable snowman, not abdominal. Abdominal refers to our abs/midsection/abdomen. 

I know the difference, the nicknames of those OG's is infact "abdominal snowman" follows the trend of the other wacky names for the original 13.

I'd love to see pics of these OGs! The ones that were posted are all just dead links to me.

I know the difference, the nicknames of those OG's is infact "abdominal snowman" follows the trend of the other wacky names for the original 13.

I had a hunch that was the situation with the nickname. Definitely didn't mean to come off as a jerk.

I'm glad to hear more cws are coming.
If these hit Nikeid.com, I'm through.
Anyone think the all white pair will drop in price?

Anyone know where I can get a M in the lightnings? Bought a L but its just a little too roomy for me. TIA

Got mine last night and @trethousandgt was 100% correct. Sizing is WAAAY off from the original run. My 2000s in a L have the EXACT same dimensions as these 2015s in XL. Makes me almost wish I went for an XXL instead.
Initial thoughts:

- Overall quality is decent. Not noticeably better or worse than the OGs IMO.

- OG's had a lot more white lightning strike on them. The retros have more blue. The core of the strike on the retros is higher on the tongue and I didn't notice until I had them in hand, but it's off center. The white lightning extends along the lateral sides of the retros while the medial side has blue lightning. OG's had the white and blue spread out evenly over the whole shoe.

- The material on the retros is coarser and feels thinner than that on the OGs. The mesh on the OGs was a bit more plush and soft to the touch.

- The print on the retros appears darker, although that could just be because my OG Trouble at Homes are worn out. Still though, when flexing the forefoot forward they don't seem to "fade" as much as the OG's did; ie: show the white lines in between the black and blue print on the white based mesh.

I'll post some comparison pics this evening.

Alright, sorry for the delay. Here's some comparison pics or the 2000 and 2015 Trouble at Homes.

The 2000's are sz L and the 2015s are sz XL. Both pairs share the same dimentions. The outsole, midsole, cage and upper are the same dimensions in spite of their stated sizing difference.

My previous post seems to have covered the cosmetic variations. The Lightning Strike pattern is much more prevalent on the upper of the 2000 release, with the exception of the heel area. The heel on the 2000s is predominately black, while the lateral side of the 2015s has more lightning.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this release. I do wish the core of the strike was still at the center of the tongue and there was a bit more lightning on the shoe, but I've been waiting for these to re-release for a long time so I'll take what I can get.

Bonus Abdominal Snowman pic.

DSC05553.jpg
Sorry about the trouble with the pics. I just re-sized them, hoping that may help.

DSC05539.jpg

DSC05540.jpg

DSC05544.jpg

DSC05545.jpg

DSC05549.jpg

DSC05550.jpg

DSC05548.jpg

"abdominals"
DSC05553.jpg

[@=https://niketalk.com/members/38694"Abdominal" Snowman was the official name of the ice/glacier colorway during the original ad campaign in 2000.

-Abdominal Snowman - Ice print
-Trouble at Home - Lightning print
-Rogue Kielbasa - red/white
-Orange Monk - white/orange
-Shady Milkman - neutral heather/navy/yellow
-Rabid Panda -grey/black/red
-Bill - white/royal
-Catfight Shiner - grey heather/black/royal
-Unholy Cumulus - white/white/black/red
-Migraine Fly - black/purple/grey

Colorways I can no longer remember or identify:

-Jack Mackerel
-The Hungry Fisherman
-Chips and Dip

The Olympics and Hawaii's also released around this time but were not included in the 1/13 ad campaign.

The Prestos marketing campaign was really ahead of it's time. The cutely animated ad campaign is something I'd expect to see used in Apple or Windows commercials today, not nessicarily a 15 year old Nike ad. I still remember the commercials as well as magazines being littered with cardboard ads featuring the "character" of the nick-name. I'm also pretty sure this was the first time Nike ever gave shoes official nick-names. Prior to that people may have referred to CBs as "Godzillas", but the Nicks used on the first run of Prestos were actually sanctioned by Nike. It was a pretty clever way to market. Numbering the shoes 1-13 and giving them all a signature name and character was a pretty good way to bring out the completionist in someone and coerce them into buying more shoes :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom