More History: Michael Steele Picked To Lead GOP (1st African-American)

Originally Posted by ICUP

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

Originally Posted by Essential1

11 of 252 really???? That's 5% that doesn't show anything.
it shows something ... maybe theres only 11 people who actually care about America and not their own political agenda

All I know is Ehrlich and Steele f**ked MD up the 4 years they were in charge...dude is just another token black republican
i bolded the most important part of your statement ... dude is an L7 weenie ... he has no clue what he is doing and he had to choose Steele just to make sure he could carry some black votes ... and what party is Ehrlich again?

Republican...also your judged by the company you keep, so what does that say about your boy Steele? He couldn't control one dumba**, so how do expect him to control a whole party of them?
Yall dudes is willin', Maryland was not messed up when Ehrlich was in office. It wasn't messed up before Ehrlich. Its not messed up after Ehrlich. Now if you want to say Baltimore, well Baltimore has been messed up before Ehrlich, during Ehrlich, and is messed up after Ehrlich. Im a Democrat by the way, but yall throwing dirt on the man's name. Let the dude live.

Are you serious? Ehrlich and Steele the reason the state is in such bad debt now. They ran up the charges and bounced before the bill came. Baltimore hasbeen messed up but Ehrlich made it worse by underfunding the school system while he was in charge.

Hahah at the people with theories. Too bad real conservatives have wanted Steele BEFORE Obama was elected. Most of you have no idea what you're talkingabout in this thread & no very little about Steele.... Yet are making all these comments & claims. It's quite comical! But anyway.... I'm veryhappy he won!! He will lead our rebound as conservatives with fixing the Republican Party.

I'm not doubting that SOME wanted him in that position before Obama got elected.

But like I said, do you honestly think that that would have happened if Obama didn't win and the GOP didn't need to shake things up a bit?

If McCain was elected president, you really think Steele would have still ascended to his current position?

Michael Steele is a FRAUD, so with that being said he makes the perfect person to lead the GOP. When Steele ran for office here in Maryland a few years ago itwas discovered that the dog that he was using in all his TV political ads wasn't even his. I mean, what kind of a man lies about being a pet lover anddoesn't even own a pet, and worse yet uses a dog in all the ads that not even his, dude is a clown. Besides, we all know why Steele was selected to beginwith, generally speaking a guy like Steele or that even looks like Steele would hardly ever be welcomed with open arms amongst GOP members, that's just howthey are, it' apart of their history. Now all of a sudden Obama is leading the Democratic Party and the GOP wants to follow like a shadown, SMH.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Michael Steele is a FRAUD, so with that being said he makes the perfect person to lead the GOP. When Steele ran for office here in Maryland a few years ago it was discovered that the dog that he was using in all his TV political ads wasn't even his. I mean, what kind of a man lies about being a pet lover and doesn't even own a pet, and worse yet uses a dog in all the ads that not even his, dude is a clown. Besides, we all know why Steele was selected to begin with, generally speaking a guy like Steele or that even looks like Steele would hardly ever be welcomed with open arms amongst GOP members, that's just how they are, it' apart of their history. Now all of a sudden Obama is leading the Democratic Party and the GOP wants to follow like a shadown, SMH.
*waits for delusional Republican rant denying the truth that is obvious to anyone with half abrain.*

the two party system is a joke.... we need to wake up as a people not look at race but look at class... the gap is widening and we are losing focus on theagenda at hand

if it works it works ... plain and simple ... when you have 11 of your own kind voting against the bill, something is wrong, point blank ...
11 of 252 really???? That's 5% that doesn't show anything.
it shows they were voting to represent their constituency, which is what theyre supposed to do. its all about doing what it takes to getre-elected.

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

I wonder why...

word
smh.gif
i aint giving congrats to this man because if obama was never elected then he would've never received this position to lead

By that logic if Bush wasn't elected, Obama would have never been chosen to lead. Regardless of how it came about, it is positive change.
nahh man....democratic party has obama so now the GOP trying to make some news by pulling this stuff....republicans never gave 2 f's about blacks and now they're trying to receive some sort of acceptance from us (majority)
That's the way I see it. First they downed Hillary for runnin. Then when she lost and it was Obama, they needed a gimmick so they selectedPalin whom McCain only knew for 2days. Now Obama in office they think that ethnicity is the way to go since the woman thing didn't work.
smh.gif

im telling yall ... i think this obama %@$ whooping opened the GOP's eyes forreal ... the bill they proposed as an alternative to the one that will go through is AMAZING and im not just saying that cuz im a republican ... now they pick Steele ... i like the way they are reacting
It happens every couple decades. Major shifts produce drastic changes to the political parties. It's all cyclical. In 10-15 years, Republicanswill be back on top.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

How "Black-Americans" can support the GOP in its current incarnation is beyond me.
I'd ask the same of black folks who blindly vote Democrat every time. What has the Democratic party done for black people recently?

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

How "Black-Americans" can support the GOP in its current incarnation is beyond me.
I'd ask the same of black folks who blindly vote Democrat every time. What has the Democratic party done for black people recently?

Well for one, poverty levels shrunk dramatically under Clinton and Black incomes rose. Thats forstarters....shall I continue?

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

also your judged by the company you keep, so what does that say about your boy Steele?
not true. see: obama.
indifferent.gif

and to dude that said Steele is more "articulate and captivating" than Obama, I just have to laugh... Afterjust listening to a few of his speeches, he comes off as rather unremarkable, a little slow actually (relatively speaking of course). But maybe that's justme. Anybody else?

PS is it me or is he blatantly biting off Obama in the beginning of this speech?

M!ke

some of you guys are idiots.
laugh.gif

i unfortunately was thinking the same thing with steele's appointment. i was more disappointed that steele lost in MD than Allen losing in VA

but with your blinders on, i guess it doesn't matter the republicans did more for civil rights than democrats or how african americans weren't allowedto be delegates by democrats while republicans were.

but don't ge tit twisted, i'm not a full blown republican, more libertarian, but i loathe democrats.

and rell if you do end up coming down hit me up, this has put the gop back on my good side
pimp.gif

public perception of what house republicans did is not good at all.
Basically cats can say what they want but it screams [Clipse] "Mr Me Too"[Clipse]. Marley you should know that being a Boys fan(Romo's trip) that even if dude is that hype like you say what people think of a situation is usually how they feel right/wrong.

5 Facts About the New RNC Chairman
by Judd Legum

Former Maryland Lt. Governor Michael Steele was just elected chairman of the RNC. Here are five facts about the new leader of the Republican party:

1. Steele compared stem cell research to Nazi experiments during the Holocaust.

2. Steele bused in homeless African Americans from Philadelphia to distribute literature in inner-city Baltimore that featured a "Sample DemocraticBallot" with votes for Steele and former Gov. Bob Ehrlich, along with photos of prominent black Democrats.

3. Steele once described that "R" next to his name as a "scarlet letter," complaining that being a Republican was hurting his electoralchances.

4. Steele was endorsed by Mike Tyson during his run for Senate. When Tyson, who used to be married to Steele's half sister, pleaded no contest to assaultin Montgomery County in 1998, Steele was on hand to support him.

5. Steele defended former Gov. Bob Ehrlich's decision to hold a $100,000 fundraiser at a country club that did not allow non-white members, saying that theclub's membership's policies were "not an issue" because "I don't play golf."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
bad choice

Never liked this cat or Juan Williams they both just seemed to be Uncles to me you can be a hard noise GOP but those cats just sound like they be trying toimpress massah. And the way Republicans just throw out members to "lead" their party is despicable. They arent picking leaders their trying to matchthe Dems.

And
laugh.gif
at dude who said a black guy has a chance at winning a republican nomination for president or even Jindal(sp check) after all the "muslim"stuff Obama just went through.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Well for one, poverty levels shrunk dramatically under Clinton and Black incomes rose. Thats for starters....shall I continue?

Well the whole country as a whole prospered during the Clinton years. So I say that the Democrats didn't really focus on increasing the Black's pieceof the pie, it's just that the size of the pie got bigger and everyone in the country benefited.

theres so much ignorance in this thread, where do i begin ...

so because mike tyson backed steele, hes any less of a man or politician? i guess it would be better if it was young jeezy huh ...

so because he used a dog in his ads that wasnt his he is a fraud? hes a black republican running for office, he needed every white vote he could get ...

and someone questioned his speaking abilities, have you all watched obama in an open forum without a planned speech? dude looks absolutely dumbfoundedsometimes trying to think of the perfect thing to say while stuttering and looking like he needs a towel to dry his forehead ...

if this was entirely a reaction to a black man in office, then why was steele parading around all the liberal news outlets on behalf of the GOP during theelection? i remember watching him on bill maher (sp?) against 4 dems holding his own ...

and for the record, MD is not $**@+* up as a result of Ehrlich and Steele ... but everyone knew who was a better politician between the two ... it was only amatter of time

MarleysProtege wrote:
theres so much ignorance in this thread, where do i begin ...

so because mike tyson backed steele, hes any less of a man or politician? i guess it would be better if it was young jeezy huh ...

so because he used a dog in his ads that wasnt his he is a fraud? hes a black republican running for office, he needed every white vote he could get ...

and someone questioned his speaking abilities, have you all watched obama in an open forum without a planned speech? dude looks absolutely dumbfounded sometimes trying to think of the perfect thing to say while stuttering and looking like he needs a towel to dry his forehead ...

if this was entirely a reaction to a black man in office, then why was steele parading around all the liberal news outlets on behalf of the GOP during the election? i remember watching him on bill maher (sp?) against 4 dems holding his own ...

and for the record, MD is not $**@+* up as a result of Ehrlich and Steele ... but everyone knew who was a better politician between the two ... it was only a matter of time

I see you didn't mention the part where he compared stem cell research to Holocaust experiments or when he dismissed country club discrimination againstnon-whites with "I don't play golf." or when he said being a republican hurt his chances on becoming elected or when he tricked people intothinking he was a democrat.

By the way Obama thinks before he speaks that's why he does that. That is the type of president the country needs. Also intellectuals often do that insteadof speaking on whim and have no clue what they are talking about.

Also he doesn't hold his own on the Bill Maher episode I watched.

5 Facts About the New RNC Chairman
by Judd Legum

Former Maryland Lt. Governor Michael Steele was just elected chairman of the RNC. Here are five facts about the new leader of the Republican party:

1. Steele compared stem cell research to Nazi experiments during the Holocaust.

2. Steele bused in homeless African Americans from Philadelphia to distribute literature in inner-city Baltimore that featured a "Sample Democratic Ballot" with votes for Steele and former Gov. Bob Ehrlich, along with photos of prominent black Democrats.

3. Steele once described that "R" next to his name as a "scarlet letter," complaining that being a Republican was hurting his electoral chances.

4. Steele was endorsed by Mike Tyson during his run for Senate. When Tyson, who used to be married to Steele's half sister, pleaded no contest to assault in Montgomery County in 1998, Steele was on hand to support him.

5. Steele defended former Gov. Bob Ehrlich's decision to hold a $100,000 fundraiser at a country club that did not allow non-white members, saying that the club's membership's policies were "not an issue" because "I don't play golf."
6. Michael Steele is FRAUD.

Yes a fraud. He lied about being a dog lover when he didn't even own a dog, if you lie you cheat, if you cheat you steal. Michael Steele belongs in theGOP for various reasons. I guess we can give the GOP a little bit of credit with their selection. Had anyone told me that the GOP would select a black man tohead their organization, I would have guessed they would have put black make-up on a white man and had him looking like Ted Danson when he was dating WhoopiGoldberg. Good move GOP.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

the two party system is a joke.... we need to wake up as a people not look at race but look at class... the gap is widening and we are losing focus on the agenda at hand

I completely agree man.

Now all of a sudden Obama is leading the Democratic Party and the GOP wants to follow like a shadown, SMH.

Sort of what I was getting at.

Back
Top Bottom