Mortal Kombat Trilogy Appreciation ~ Vol. N64/PSX/Saturn/PC

With all the talk about Mortal Kombat (9), I couldn't help but pull out some old school MK Trilogy for the hell of it.  This game may seem a bit archaic compared to the latest stuff, but it still kicks !#$!  I have both the PlayStation and N64 versions of the game, and although I like the PS version for having Goro, Kintaro, Motaro, and Shao Khan as playable characters as well as a more complete music/sfx package, I prefer the smooth, playability of the N64 version that is never interrupted or slowed down by CD load times.

I do find it funny how people made such a fuss over how gory and graphic this game was when you see how tame it really was compared to MK9!  Back then it seemed so gruesome, but now it's kind of humorous.

So who else still loves the old school MK games like MK Trilogy?

1996%20Mortal%20Kombat%20Tiology.jpg

With all the talk about Mortal Kombat (9), I couldn't help but pull out some old school MK Trilogy for the hell of it.  This game may seem a bit archaic compared to the latest stuff, but it still kicks !#$!  I have both the PlayStation and N64 versions of the game, and although I like the PS version for having Goro, Kintaro, Motaro, and Shao Khan as playable characters as well as a more complete music/sfx package, I prefer the smooth, playability of the N64 version that is never interrupted or slowed down by CD load times.

I do find it funny how people made such a fuss over how gory and graphic this game was when you see how tame it really was compared to MK9!  Back then it seemed so gruesome, but now it's kind of humorous.

So who else still loves the old school MK games like MK Trilogy?

1996%20Mortal%20Kombat%20Tiology.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 my little sister & i used to to side by side on the keyboard spamming projectile attacks at each other. 
noob saibot 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 my little sister & i used to to side by side on the keyboard spamming projectile attacks at each other. 
noob saibot 
pimp.gif

I used to switch between Cyrax, Scorpion, Smoke (cyborg), and Kabal. Knew every move and fatality...now I have to try to remember all of them lol. Thank goodness for the Interwebs lol!

I used to switch between Cyrax, Scorpion, Smoke (cyborg), and Kabal. Knew every move and fatality...now I have to try to remember all of them lol. Thank goodness for the Interwebs lol!

Back
Top Bottom