Most Important Issue In America......vol. could be to much for NT

Just got a chance to browse over a new study about what Americans are worried about!!! Twelve months ago this was a no problem to answer, now we have not onlya new number 1 worry but the entire list seems to have flipped.

The Economy 51%
The Deficit 14%
Health Care 13%
Iraq & Afghanistan 8% *sampling error 3%

Our views on "NEED" and "IMPORTANCE" change so quickly...I understand that its hard out here right now, we are all feeling having lessmoney (sans Ben Baller of course), I am just wondering why we sway so greatly when it comes to national issues?

Well I guess adding an extra "o" was too much for you. Haha I feel like Fresco.
laugh.gif

The media influences what we think is important in this country. They determine what issues are most important, individual thinking in America is gone.

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Just got a chance to browse over a new study about what Americans are worried about!!! Twelve months ago this was a no problem to answer, now we have not only a new number 1 worry but the entire list seems to have flipped.

The Economy 51%
The Deficit 14%
Health Care 13%

Our views on "NEED" and "IMPORTANCE" change so quickly...I understand that its hard out here right now, we are all feeling having less money (sans Ben Baller of course), I am just wondering why we sway so greatly when it comes to national issues?

Read lazlo's hierarchy of needs of my man.

Its hard for the everyday person to worry about National issues when the domestic is hitting so close to home these days. If the economy were not a problem, imsure you'd see way more Americans concerned about N Korea, Afghanistan and the like.

I mean, unemployment is at 9.5%!!!! That's almost 10% unemployed!!!!

the money the states put into Iraq and Afg. could fix the healthcare and deficit easily which would've prevented the recession. My opinion.

Originally Posted by Otis Dont Play That

The media influences what we think is important in this country. They determine what issues are most important, individual thinking in America is gone.
^ what he said.

Originally Posted by webnerd06

^ what he said.
co-sign

Well I guess adding an extra "o" was too much for you. Haha I feel like Fresco.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I saw it, but was too lazy to correct it[/color]

while i agree that the media plays a large part in how people gauge what is important, its also important to note that if people were notinterested then the news would not sell.

the sway only occured because Iraq and Afghanistan were not very REAL issues to begin with ... now that a problem that significantly affects allAmerican lives in various facets (socially , politically , economically) has manifested , all the other much less significant issues like the political unrestin Iraq and abortion are getting the amount of attention they actually deserve

Originally Posted by Prez T

the sway only occured because Iraq and Afghanistan were not very REAL issues to begin with ... now that a problem that significantly affects all American lives in various facets (socially , politically , economically) has manifested , all the other much less significant issues like the political unrest in Iraq and abortion are getting the amount of attention they actually deserve
Tell families with people close to them stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan that its not a real issue.

But I agree with everything else you said.

My individual freedom is most important to me. Without that nothing else matters, with it, everything else falls into place.

Look at how many people they're are in the US. I'm sure peoples ideas of whats important depends on their financial situation, ethnic background,religious and social beliefs etc.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Just got a chance to browse over a new study about what Americans are worried about!!! Twelve months ago this was a no problem to answer, now we have not only a new number 1 worry but the entire list seems to have flipped.

The Economy 51%
The Deficit 14%
Health Care 13%

Our views on "NEED" and "IMPORTANCE" change so quickly...I understand that its hard out here right now, we are all feeling having less money (sans Ben Baller of course), I am just wondering why we sway so greatly when it comes to national issues?

Read lazlo's hierarchy of needs of my man.
most of us (and the people in the survey) have these basic needs taken care of. Its just funny to me how quickly (because of the media mostly) wejump from concern to concern, maybe Obama should add media reform to his list of things to address....

and to Otis and Fresco nice eye, I know I have to be up on that stuff on NT. We have to have more English majors on this board than any other inexistence!!!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom