most undeserving MVP'S of any major sport

1990 joe montana over randall cunningham

2002 rich gannon over priest holmes

2000-2001 allen iverson over shaquille oneal

1998 sammy sosa over mark mcgwire

1996 juan gonzalez over alex rodgriguez

2010-2011 derrick rose over lebron james

Last edited:
I wouldnt say both of Nash's, but one of those belonged to Kobe.

Also Rose should have never won mvp

Rose definitely deserved his MVP. He was magical that season and led the Bulls to be the #1 team in the East I believe.

Ryan Braun

Ken camminiti in 96 and pretty much most mlb mvp's in the mid to late 90's not named Griffey, Ripken, piazza, or Gwynn. (Not sure if any of the names other then Griffey won MVP during that time but those are a few of the players from that era that most regard as being clean.

Caminiti deserved it more than Piazza but that should have been Bonds award, 40/40 with a .461 OBP in 96.

If Toronto was a winning team in 98, he would have given KG a run for his money for MVP.

Juan Gonzalez stole a couple MVP's :lol: Pudge stole Pedro's. Still the greatest season by a pitcher I've ever seen. Hell, he could have won the next year too. Let's not forget that fool Jeff Kent winning an MVP Bonds should have had. Bonds should have had 3 more if it wasn't for these dumb *** voters.

steve nash helped improve the suns from a 29 to 62 wins. of course other factors were involved, but he made that team better.

the second MVP he did it w/o joe johnson and amare, averaged 19 and 11, and his leading scorer was shawn marion. marion was a great player, but should never be confused with being an elite scorer.

a team of nash, raja bell, barbosa, marion, tim thomas, marion, and diaw went to the WCF.

so i'm not hearing any steve nash slander. ever

2000-2001 allen iverson over shaquille oneal

Hold it right there champ.  A.I. definitely deserved MVP that year, no doubt about it. 

Off note, I'm watching Mike & Mike this morning and this fool Golic has the balls to say that if AI practiced more maybe he would have made his teammates better and he'd have a ring. I had to go back and look and make sure those squads he carried were as full of dog **** as I remember.

Golic was just disagreeing with Allen's logic on his practice rant. In that sense Mike was correct

Last edited:
Hold it right there champ.  A.I. definitely deserved MVP that year, no doubt about it. 

He shot 39 percent from the field...

Shaq has 29 and 13 while shooting 58% from the field with 3 blocks a game. Looking back, it wasn't really close.

And Addict4Sneakers, I kind of agree with you about Marion as a 2nd option but on the other hand Shawn Marion could end up with almost 20,000 points which is pretty good.

Last edited:
I love AI, but the MVP is ridiculous.

Drose MVP is bad now.

but LOW KEY LOW KEY Kobe's 2007-08 MVP is very very weak.

CP3, Lebron, Garnett, all had better cases.

CP3 that may have been the best individual season by a point guard ever.

Go back and look at 07-08, Kobe had like the 5th best case for MVP.

KARL MALONE DESERVED THE MVP OVER JORDAN IN 97.

I don't know how people have this insane notion that Jordan should have won the MVP every year he was in the league, like he wasn't seriously declining by 97 In fact Jordan should never have won that MVP in 98 either. He was taking more jumpers, getting to the line less, lowest effective field goal rates of his career. meanwhile Karl Malone was 270 pound robot scoring machine.

Nash deserved the MVPs.  His biggest rivals were: Year 1- Shaq, whose stats weren't great and who ultimately wasn't the best player on his own team, and Year 2- Kobe, whose team wasn't good enough for most voters.

Meanwhile, the Suns were dominant in the regular season and their style was taking the league by storm.  The entire system was built 100% around Steve Nash.

I know he's not a prototypical MVP winner (poor defender), but those were strange years.  I don't believe either Kobe or Shaq deserved the MVP those years.  He was the best candidate.

Back
Top Bottom