Motivational quotes to keep you going.

You've been watching too many pickup videos my man. Fake it till you make it is more of a band-aid. It is damn near impossible for people to do this themselves. I understand what you are saying and it is a well-intentioned. Props for that. Has this actually worked for you? People seem to confuse being comfortable in a new environment (i.e trying to talk to chicks on the street) with having a strong sense of self. It eventually leads to a collapse, or apathy when the walls you built up inevtably crumble due to cheating, lack of success, etc.

At least from people I've helped it is better to focus on teaching them how to create a habit. A simple way to accept change, embrace change, and use change to eventually get to the above described level of success is to first learn how to actually change. Being able to change is not a mindset. It is the subtle alteration of your way of life. If you really want to believe you can change, you have to first have confidence in your ability to change. My challenge (to people) is to try and brush left-handed everyday for an month (or 21 days). Rarely can people even accept, or do that. If they don't have the stickwithitness to even do that, they are not the people that will ever be able to have more than a band-aid type confidence cover over their insecurities.
Thanks for your insight, I agree 100% with everything you said. Just a disclaimer though, I didn't actually write the above post, but I felt like it's something I've been doing for the past year or so and I've seen it radically change my character for the positive, and not just in pick-up and talking/meeting with females.

You are right, I guess you can see it as a band-aid, but only in the beginning. People throw the word 'change' around so much but it's difficult to actually fully understand its process. I agree with your definition, in that change doesn't just happen with a snap of a finger, but more of the small, unnoticeable actions that take place in one's life. I can eat 5 Big Macs today but I won't be obese tomorrow. I can do 50 sit-ups today but I won't obtain a 6-pack tomorrow, but over a long stretch of time, I eventually will get there.

What I am trying to say is that in order for people to develop/mature into a better person, they need to first identify the problem and find a solution and set goals to get there. They need to develop a system or action plan to get there. But that's not the most important part. The key ingredient to change is that after you've found your action plan, you need to put it into action and be consistent with it, so that it becomes a habit. It's easy for us to sit in front of our computer screen and talk about it, but it takes a ton of willpower to actually get off our ***** and go do it.

So, yes, it is like a band-aid; however, if a person's action plan works, then by that time their confidence level will be at a point where collapse is pretty much impossible. IF you do it right. These people have built their character to a point where it's not just smoke and mirrors anymore, it's the real deal. That's what I'm trying to get at. But you need to start somewhere. Remember, the confidence comes before the pin. For example, LeBron didn't just wake up one day and found a championship ring in his trophy room. He was mentally a champion before he even was a champion. You think LeBron got better by playing pick-up on the street? Hell no. He made the conscious decision to improve, formulated an action plan, listened to mentors and coaches who have been there, and competed with people of equal or higher caliber. He thought about it, he spoke it, and he did it. He did it over and over and over and over again, and it became his habits. That's how change happens. You think it's still a "band-aid" to LeBron now? Think about it. Character doesn't just fall off, and you need to understand that. Once you get to that point, and it is different for every single person on that planet, it's nearly impossible to collapse.

This is the universal formula that's been my key to changing myself for the better:

Input -> Thoughts -> Words -> Actions -> Habits -> Character -> Destiny.

And yes, you can apply it to pick-up, but it's a thousand times more than just pick-up. It's a way of life. I just so happened to come across that through the internet that I thought related to what I have been doing. Hope that clarifies.

"Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event." - Brian Tracy

Last edited:

"It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final." - Roger Babson

Last edited:
browse through this thread periodically, really enjoy it
want some of your guys opinion on forgiveness and really forgiving someone
was dating a girl..she wanted to reschedule with me on a valentines day date, we were supposed to go to a dj show one night, she said she was looking for tickets and would call me back (didnt hear from her the rest of the night and next day she told me she only found one ticket and just went with her friends) and another time we were supposed to study after i balled. after playing texted her that i was coming over and she said she was studying with on of her other girlfriends....

do you guys consider this something as forgivable or is there ever a time where you just keep it moving

i had a long talk with her about how to treat people and make people feel and told her she wasnt doing that to how i treat and expect to be treated..

whats your guys's take

this isn't a relationship thread, but I'd say bounce. sounds like you like her more than she likes you.

"Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember, the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.” - Zig Ziglar

“Four things come not back: the spoken word, the sped arrow, the past life and the neglected opportunity.” – Arabic Proverb

“The great question is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with failure.” – Chinese Proverb

“The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.” – Chinese Proverb

justcrap's and the one above me are sick

"The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you." - Anthony Robbins

this isn't a relationship thread, but I'd say bounce. sounds like you like her more than she likes you.
all these quotes are about life, so why not relate them to real life situations
i feel you though thats how i felt but she keeps telling me how much she liked/likes me and still keeps hitting me up to do stuff

all these quotes are about life, so why not relate them to real life situations
i feel you though thats how i felt but she keeps telling me how much she liked/likes me and still keeps hitting me up to do stuff
It's probably best for you to forgive and move on with your own life. If it's meant to be, then things will come together in the future when the time is right. Just live your life at the moment and do the things that are best for you.

I feel like it would make more sense if it said "the one who doesn't fall, hasn't stood up"

"Our business in life is not to get ahead of others, but to get ahead of ourselves." - Zig Ziglar

Back
Top Bottom