Motivational quotes to keep you going.

Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson. One of the greatest influences on my life.

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy isignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he

must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel ofnourishing corn can

come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till. The power whichresides in him is new

in nature, and none but he knows what that is which he can do, nor does he know until he has tried. Not for nothing one face, one

character, onefact, makes much impression on him, and another none. Thissculpture in the memory is not without

preestablished harmony. The eye was placed where one ray should fall, that it might testify of that particular ray.We but half express

ourselves, and are ashamed of that divine idea which each of us represents.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My grandfather writes quotes ALL OVER his garage in sharpie marker. I will take a picture next time I go, however my favorite is
"The gold in your pocket is inversely proportional to the lead in your ***"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Really does describe his work ethic though...it dosn't hurt that he has 4 other houses and these sitting under all the quotes in the garage
16801336.jpg
forb-lexus-ls460h.jpg

Most importantly he is happy and has a great life and family due to his intelligence and hard work. Truly a role model!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Vince Dirty

My grandfather writes quotes ALL OVER his garage in sharpie marker. I will take a picture next time I go, however my favorite is
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Really does describe his work ethic though...it dosn't hurt that he has 4 other houses and these sitting under all the quotes in the garage

Most importantly he is happy and has a great life and family due to his intelligence and hard work. Truly a role model!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sounds like a great guy. Whats he do for a living? What ever it is Im sure he loves it.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sounds like a great guy. Whats he do for a living? What ever it is Im sure he loves it.
He was president of Parade Magazine and the Washington Post, and mainly an investor in Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffett's company.

He is a great man who came from absolutly NOTHING. He lived in a tenement in Brooklyn next to his best friend for his childhood. Now him and his best friendare neighbors in Southampton and his friend just sold his house for $18 million. If thats not inspiring i don't know what is.

his other famous quote:

"dress british, think yiddish"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He was president of Parade Magazine and the Washington Post, and mainly an investor in Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffett's company.

He is a great man who came from absolutly NOTHING. He lived in a tenement in Brooklyn next to his best friend for his childhood. Now him and his best friend are neighbors in Southampton and his friend just sold his house for $18 million. If thats not inspiring i don't know what is.

his other famous quote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Wow. Thats crazy.

this was YEARS ago in another thread, but does anyone have/remember this one quote that talks about how we come from one of millions of cells that didn'tand that we should perish everyday because of this or something along the lines of that. It was a rather long quote. I would really appreciate it!

Originally Posted by KL9

Originally Posted by Penofski

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
all i have to say is...........wow

+1
*Kanye shrug* I don't get it
ohwell.gif

"Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want."

Dress british= refined, sharp appearance
Think yiddish= think "jewish", aka frugal, conservative with money

if this aint posted yet... one of those quotes that keeps me moving in life. actually from my best friend:

live as if youll die tomorrow. learn as if youll live forever

Great thread!
smile.gif

Here's my input:

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you'll land among the stars. - Les Brown

Originally Posted by superswag

if this aint posted yet... one of those quotes that keeps me moving in life. actually from my best friend:

live as if youll die tomorrow. learn as if youll live forever
I thought james dean said

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

one of my fav quotes...shouts to illi

"Then the gates of his heart were flung
open, and his joy flew far over the sea. And
he closed his eyes and prayed in the silences
of his soul."

Back
Top Bottom