Motorola Droid Verizon Wireless

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Droid OS won't be around in 2 years.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sounds like someone didn't hear that google got a platoon of android phones droppin in 2010

what you is gonna be in its way? windows mobile?
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Sos...so the keyboard is ok for regular use?
Yeah my dude, its great for regular use. Its all about getting used to it and adjusting. Only took me about a 4 days to adjust. Im very happy with this phone.

I trust your opinion.

Imma pick this up on Monday.

Good looks.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The phone truely does spit hot fiyah!! Even my boys that hate on Verizon b/c they can't afford it can't deny that its a cool phone. The thing thatI'm surprised about is how fast I got use to the VIRTUAL keyboard. From having PDA phones with keyboards for the past 4 years I expected to only be usingthe physical keyboard...and now I pretty much use the virtual keyboard 80% of the time.

Phone is NOICE! I picked it up today and it's worth it. Pandora + headphones = best device ever.

Can someone school me on this?

What's the data plan that I have to get? What's it consist of? It's 29.99 monthly right?

On top of that, I gotta pay $20 for unlimited text messaging also?

What's the cheapest way to do 900 minutes (59.99) + unlimited text (20.00)+ the data plan (29.99) ? Is there any easy way to package those together to saveon my bill?

And what do I need to know about the Droid? What's Pandora? Can I stream radio stations?

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

What's the data plan that I have to get? What's it consist of? It's 29.99 monthly right?

What's the cheapest way to do 900 minutes (59.99) + unlimited text (20.00)+ the data plan (29.99) ? Is there any easy way to package those together to save on my bill?

And what do I need to know about the Droid? What's Pandora? Can I stream radio stations?

$30 for data, which should include texting. I get a discount from my employer, so I only pay about $20 for the data. So definitely check if you can get anemployer discount.

I got on a family plan with my mom for a 700 minute plan and our bill will be about $100-110 for both phones including tax. Not bad considering most of myfriends have Verizon, and unlimited text, and unlimited data.

Yes Pandora is free streaming music. You can't really pick and choose exact songs, but it's nice to chill with headphones. Also the Weather Channel appis necessary.
pimp.gif

weatherchannel.png

pandora4android.jpg

Originally Posted by nnarum

Phone is NOICE! I picked it up today and it's worth it. Pandora + headphones = best device ever.

Can I stream from pandora all day without going over my 30 dollar data plan?

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Why not? Data is unlimited...

When I downloaded the pandora ap it said something like you may go over your data.. so if I have the 30 dollar data package its unlimited?

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

What's the cheapest way to do 900 minutes (59.99) + unlimited text (20.00)+ the data plan (29.99) ? Is there any easy way to package those together to save on my bill?

$30 for data, which should include texting. I get a discount from my employer, so I only pay about $20 for the data. So definitely check if you can get an employer discount.

I got on a family plan with my mom for a 700 minute plan and our bill will be about $100-110 for both phones including tax. Not bad considering most of my friends have Verizon, and unlimited text, and unlimited data.

Yes Pandora is free streaming music. You can't really pick and choose exact songs, but it's nice to chill with headphones. Also the Weather Channel app is necessary.
pimp.gif

weatherchannel.png

pandora4android.jpg

single line plans start at $39.99 for 450 minutes.

The Data plan for a Droid is $30 and text messaging varies from $5-20 bucks depending on how much you want.

wrong. More like "unlimited" with quotations. Verizon puts a cap of 5gb, go over and they have the right to terminate serviceimmediately without notice.

Originally Posted by distinct101

wrong. More like "unlimited" with quotations. Verizon puts a cap of 5gb, go over and they have the right to terminate service immediately without notice.
Really? That's kind of wack... But how much data would Pandora really use?

Whats whack is I changed my text messaging plan on Black Friday from unlimited to only 500, cause most people I text have verizon for unlimited mobile tomobile

Well I logged into my account and it says I've sent like 800 this month to non verizon customers.. Which is counting for the entire month before I evenupgraded to the droid.

If I get charged for all those when I JUST changed my plan....

wrong. More like "unlimited" with quotations. Verizon puts a cap of 5gb, go over and they have the right to terminate service immediately without notice.
Really? That's kind of wack... But how much data would Pandora really use?
Is Pandora a app you can get on the app store? Because from what I hear is that its unlimited data as long as you use regular stuff like email,web, and data usage from using the apps. But its capped at 5gb if for instance you use it to for tethering.

You would think your data plan would include texting... but texting is entirely seperate

Incorrect sir. I work for verizon fellas so I know. 29.99 is unlimited data. no matter what you do. Pandora 24/7 if you want. Now if you wantto tether your phone to a laptop then it is a 5gb cap but you cant tether the droid. And to answer the guys question about a 900 minute plan its 79.99 with29.99 unlimited data. so about 110 a month. Now depending on who you work for you get a discount, larger companies can get up to 25% off a month. Evenstudents can get discounts, for example ASU students here in AZ get 15% their monthly service off with waived activations.

Droid is sick though closest thing to the iphone if not better. But I would hold off for the new htc coming out soon.

So can anyone explain why they offer two different data plans. I was checking to see how much more it would be and this are the data plans offered.

[table][tr][td] [h2]PDA/Smartphone Email[/h2]You must select an option below [/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Unlimited Data Usage[/td] [td]$44.99/month[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Email and Web for Smartphone[/td] [td]$29.99/month[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom