movie theatre etiquette vol worst movie experiences

I literally hate everything about going to the movies. People who laugh at every ******g thing. People who clap during the movie. Babies who wont shut the **** up. This lady brought a ******g stroller to the movies once. I wanted to kick her and her baby down the stairs. People who leave to go to the bathroom or to get more food in the middle of a movie, like son you're about to miss the key part where are you going? Even worst when they're in your row and you have to get up.

I hate people in general

You need Xanax.

Teenagers is my biggest pet peeve, I honestly have never seen people bring kids to the theater. I see movies at night after 8 so maybe thats why you cheap bastards need to stop going to the Matinee :lol:

But yeah Teenagers piss me off the most, I literally have to get up and tell them to cut that **** out and let me watch the movie.

Another peeve is the chick who screams at scary movies. I understand being startled but some broads be screaming like they the one getting stabbed :smh: :smh:

I literally hate everything about going to the movies. People who laugh at every ******g thing. People who clap during the movie. Babies who wont shut the **** up. This lady brought a ******g stroller to the movies once. I wanted to kick her and her baby down the stairs. People who leave to go to the bathroom or to get more food in the middle of a movie, like son you're about to miss the key part where are you going? Even worst when they're in your row and you have to get up.

I hate people in general

My man would rather someone take a dump in their pants right next to him instead of getting up to go to the bathroom.

I spend about $500 a month on going to the movies, I usually go once a weekend, this includes admission and food for two. I was in Iron Man and this pompous woman in her 40's was yapping about how "bootlegs ruin the movie industry and people should pay for their tickets like everyone else".

She was going on and on about how she stomps on the Asian lady's DVD's each week and if people don't have money they don't deserve to see the movie. If the lady does something to her then she'll call the cops and immigration. Blah blah.

Now I wouldn't have been angry if she'd just shut up after her soap box rant, but then after the two or three people left the theater she started talking to her husband. He's a guild member. While I'm not a guild member I get free passes from companies I work with. 

"I just don't know how'd I pay for my theater experience if I didn't have these guild passes"

I just low-key snapped...passive aggressively dropped my soda on her. Then apologized and offered to clean it up, what I was hoping to do was give her a reality check and open up a platform to explain to her there ARE people who can't afford movies. Telling her about corporations and product placement in movies that target kids even though it's sometimes warned not to. The message some movies send to kids, and how the films do not pay for damages caused by the influence the movie had on the kids. About how some people have health conditions and can go to the theater because they're too overweight and sometimes their ticket isn't refunded. About how immigrants are supporting families in war-torn countries and although I don't support pirated movies I can see their logic and how the industry helps people.

The husband agreed and said he was jerked out of money by Hollywood and the wife never knew...she was gasping in typical "suburban upper class" fashion.."my my".

She say it in my eyes I'm like "yeah fake ***** get off your high horse". Showed her my "Stubs Card", and "Regal Card" and how much I spend on movies...she was like "I could never..."

I hate blind do-gooders ... 

I really don't have any other issues with theater etiquette, I don't judge, smoke your weed, get your yambs, I like happy babies and families, bring your kids, it's cool just don't be obnoxious with it to the point you KNOW you are offending people and don't care.

Countdown1.gif

Last edited:
Conversation and events must have spanned more than 3 hours

how did ALL of you not get kicked out
There was an Iron Man marathon 30 to 40mins in between the films, I go to a guild friendly theaters so a lot of us know each other. But still we carried on a 30min convo, among other goers who were talking amongst themselves and adding to our conversations.

I went to the movies during the day one time on a weekday.
**** was nice as hell.

Almost no one there so there's lots of space and you can get brain without other people looking

:lol: @ the nomad's story, though

If you cant get a babysitter you shouldn't go to the movies, period.

Ever since having kids I never had to see a movie that bad were I thought about taking them. Its just not that big of a deal. I can't find a family to baby sit then I just stay home :lol:

Some folks just can't take not having a night out i guess, or maybe they reallllly want to see IM3 opening night :lol:

Plus the type of movies I like Kids ain't got no business watching anyway. How I look taking my 3yo daughter with me to watch FF6?

Last edited:
I don't mind kids ..if the kid is wailing at the top of his lungs and the mother just isn't giving any dambs then I'm like "yo". But if the kid is crying like kids do I'm not gonna make them feel like scum of the earth for being a family.

A movie is just not that important to me where I could treat another human being that way.

What annoys me more even though I did it as a kid is teenagers running in an out, talking and tweeting ...when they're in groups of like 10-12 people. Talking about random stuff unrelated to the movie. 

I snitched one time ...

Last edited:
seen two fights one was back in the day when i was watching 2 Fast 2 Furious at Arundel Mills in MD and the other was at Ford City theaters in Chicago. the one in MD caused the whole auditorium to be evacuated.

wow...sounds like everyone in that theater dodged all kinds of bullets that day cuz that movie is horrible. then again i dont know what the hell anyone sees in those fast and furious films. straight cheese. remember when vin diesel was too big of an actor to do a sequel. lol...now hes done like 8 of em.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow...sounds like everyone in that theater dodged all kinds of bullets that day cuz that movie is horrible. then again i dont know what the hell anyone sees in those fast and furious films. straight cheese. remember when vin diesel was too big of an actor to do a sequel. lol...now hes done like 8 of em.

View media item 324363
FF is where its at

Last edited:
Nothing tops the first Fast & Furious ...that movie had REAL street racers and customizers in mind as their audience, the racing and car parts were on point. The vibe was authentic and the racers were REAL.

I hated 2 with a passion, I can live with Tokyo Drift but it sucked *** too...4 and 5 we're OKAY, but they're really straying away from the central theme and beating a dead horse at this point.

They look old and beat up from the previews in 6. I'm gonna go see it but I know it will just be an average movie.

When Dom pulls up banging POV City Anthem by Cadillac Tah and Ashanti ....
nthat.gif
, I copped my first tuner car that year because of it.

Last edited:
Nothing tops the first Fast & Furious ...that movie had REAL street racers and customizers in mind as their audience, the racing and car parts were on point. The vibe was authentic and the racers were REAL.

I hated 2 with a passion, I can live with Tokyo Drift but it sucked *** too...4 and 5 we're OKAY, but they're really straying away from the central theme and beating a dead horse at this point.

They look old and beat up from the previews in 6. I'm gonna go see it but I know it will just be an average movie.

When Dom pulls up banging POV City Anthem by Cadillac Tah and Ashanti ....
nthat.gif

, I copped my first tuner car that year because of it.

first one wasnt bad. i will admit that. but from then on...yikes. Used to do quite a bit of legal drag racing/illegal street racing back in the day (93 mustang 5.0 lx hatch). good times

The teenagers for one... they're more preoccupied with making a social statement by talking & delivering awful jokes to what's on the screen than others experience around them.

first one wasnt bad. i will admit that. but from then on...yikes. Used to do quite a bit of legal drag racing/illegal street racing back in the day (93 mustang 5.0 lx hatch). good times
Saved and modded one of these after that scene when Dom pulls up dappin' everyone up....AWD Turbo, 5 speed manual.
I won't lie I had fake NoS buttons but the girlies thought they were real, I'd just step on the gas harder and the NoS button controlled the flame throwers.

Some people were just getting into Propane Conversion, but I couldn't afford it back then and truthfully I was scared to mess with it.

Last edited:
Saved and modded one of these after that scene when Dom pulls up dappin' everyone up....AWD Turbo, 5 speed manual.

I won't lie I had fake NoS buttons but the girlies thought they were real, I'd just step on the gas harder and the NoS button controlled the flame throwers.

Some people were just getting into Propane Conversion, but I couldn't afford it back then and truthfully I was scared to mess with it.

View media item 417774

haha nice. Always wanted an eclipse/talon back in the 90s early 2000s...stayed honda and ford tho. had an 06 rsx type-s i bought brand new. most fun car ive ever owned. also the most problematic. terrible 6 speed ****** amongst other issues.

There was a snake once in my theater for Matrix Revolutions.  We got refunded

Back
Top Bottom