MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Movie pass updated terms! Have you upload pic of movie ticket now.

3B8C0ECB-5FEA-46E8-972F-3E63BACCA674.jpeg
I knew the finessers would force their hand eventually

Before November, I don’t think I ever saw anyone with MP. This past weekend, there was a huge line at the kiosks. Noticed about a dozen in front of us with their red cards. Even saw some guy had his out at concessions recently. :smh:

Before November, I don’t think I ever saw anyone with MP. This past weekend, there was a huge line at the kiosks. Noticed about a dozen in front of us with their red cards. Even saw some guy had his out at concessions recently. :smh:
Dudes out here using movie pass for concessions? :lol:

:lol:

I've only seen one lady with the card at a theater in the city.

Places I hit up virtually still have no lines at the kiosks.

You can still watch the movie. It locks you out until the next movie you watch. You can upload it after the movie if you want. You just can't checkin to the next movie until you upload the ticket. It opens up the camera every time you start the ap.

You got to give the theater your ticket to watch the movie..

Isn't he referring to when they trip your ticket in have and give you the stub proving you paid for it?

That does make me wonder what moviepass wants a pic of; the whole ticket or just the stub?

It says stub .. so just the torn portion they give back to you? So I’m good to abuse it on two tickets for the price of one or discounted

It's the stub. That's why he had me confused :lol: Every theater I've been to hands you back the stub when you enter

Thinking about getting this to see BP, but man... **** that 2 week wait. My local theater has all movies for $5 on Tuesdays and IMAX for $6. I don't really go to the movies that often unless there's something I really want to see and I have a date, but I imagine if I had the card I would go more often. So do they still charge you for the card while you wait for the card or does the subscription start when you actually get the card?

I have no clue how you can even cop concessions with this card :lol:

Thinking about getting this to see BP, but man... **** that 2 week wait. My local theater has all movies for $5 on Tuesdays and IMAX for $6. I don't really go to the movies that often unless there's something I really want to see and I have a date, but I imagine if I had the card I would go more often. So do they still charge you for the card while you wait for the card or does the subscription start when you actually get the card?
Depends with which you go with, the annual plan is a one time payment that'll show up once you sign up/order the card.

I think with the monthly plan you start getting charged after you activate your card.

how do you use it for gift cards or concessions? don't you have to purchase a ticket immediately to get in?

Was trying to watch this tomorrow......

Why Is MoviePass Blocking ‘Red Sparrow’ Ticket Purchases This Weekend?
red-sparrow1.jpg

20th Century Fox
by Anthony D'Alessandro

March 2, 2018 6:10pm

Earlier today on Twitter and Reddit there was an outcry by MoviePasssubscribers that their ticket mobile app didn’t allow them the opportunity to buy tickets to 20th Century Fox/Chernin Entertainment’s Red Sparrow in such markets as Washington D.C., Southern California and Virginia to name a few. Essentially the option to buy tickets to Red Sparrow were grayed out.

In regards to other titles —Game Night, Black Panther (in 2D), Annihilation, Death Wish, Peter Rabbit, 15:17 to Paris, etc. they’re all available to purchase. Note in regards to the Red Sparrow blockage, it’s not impacting every single venue in Los Angeles, read at Cinemark 18 near LAX certain showtimes of Red Sparrow are still available.

When reached by Deadline for a response to this conundrum, MoviePass responded as follows:

moviepass-logo.jpg

MoviePass
“We are constantly testing all aspects of our service to optimize the model for theaters, distributors and members. We occasionally remove some films from our ticketing inventory in some markets for a limited time, similar to how we organically promote films in certain markets to better understand member behavior. As part of this ongoing testing, we have stepped up our efforts to remind members to always double-check the MoviePass app to confirm that their preferred showtimes and theaters are available for the movie they are planning to see before they leave for the theater.”

Such maneuvers by MoviePass continue to leave them at a crossroads with their customers and potential studio partners. We have been hearing from sources for some time that MoviePass was using hardball negotiation tactics: While they refused to honor certain big-market cinema chain locations (such as AMC’s) who wouldn’t provide a share of ticket and concession revenues, some of those in the distribution community have cried that MoviePass has refused to list their titles on their app if they don’t enter into a sponsorship deal with the monthly movie ticket service.

This is the second snafu between MoviePass and its subscribers since the beginning of February. The day after the company announced it had crossed 2 million subscribers on Feb. 9, many users on social claimed that their memberships were promptly revoked because they abused the terms of service (i.e. buying a larger format ticket with the MoviePass debit card). These subscribers claimed that wasn’t the case, and in regards to one who Deadline corresponded with, she went to the movies 12 times/month with MoviePass. Essentially some in distribution circles believe that MoviePass trumpets itself as a catalyst for indie moviegoing because it’s a lower volume business versus event titles. The notion is that MoviePass is in the business of increasing subscribers, not individual movie ticket purchases over the long run.

At this moment in time, Red Sparrow is expected to open to $20M, which means that even with MoviePass blocking theaters, it’s not slowing down ticket sales.

Was trying to watch this tomorrow......

Why Is MoviePass Blocking ‘Red Sparrow’ Ticket Purchases This Weekend?
red-sparrow1.jpg

20th Century Fox
by Anthony D'Alessandro

March 2, 2018 6:10pm

Earlier today on Twitter and Reddit there was an outcry by MoviePasssubscribers that their ticket mobile app didn’t allow them the opportunity to buy tickets to 20th Century Fox/Chernin Entertainment’s Red Sparrow in such markets as Washington D.C., Southern California and Virginia to name a few. Essentially the option to buy tickets to Red Sparrow were grayed out.

In regards to other titles —Game Night, Black Panther (in 2D), Annihilation, Death Wish, Peter Rabbit, 15:17 to Paris, etc. they’re all available to purchase. Note in regards to the Red Sparrow blockage, it’s not impacting every single venue in Los Angeles, read at Cinemark 18 near LAX certain showtimes of Red Sparrow are still available.

When reached by Deadline for a response to this conundrum, MoviePass responded as follows:

moviepass-logo.jpg

MoviePass
“We are constantly testing all aspects of our service to optimize the model for theaters, distributors and members. We occasionally remove some films from our ticketing inventory in some markets for a limited time, similar to how we organically promote films in certain markets to better understand member behavior. As part of this ongoing testing, we have stepped up our efforts to remind members to always double-check the MoviePass app to confirm that their preferred showtimes and theaters are available for the movie they are planning to see before they leave for the theater.”

Such maneuvers by MoviePass continue to leave them at a crossroads with their customers and potential studio partners. We have been hearing from sources for some time that MoviePass was using hardball negotiation tactics: While they refused to honor certain big-market cinema chain locations (such as AMC’s) who wouldn’t provide a share of ticket and concession revenues, some of those in the distribution community have cried that MoviePass has refused to list their titles on their app if they don’t enter into a sponsorship deal with the monthly movie ticket service.

This is the second snafu between MoviePass and its subscribers since the beginning of February. The day after the company announced it had crossed 2 million subscribers on Feb. 9, many users on social claimed that their memberships were promptly revoked because they abused the terms of service (i.e. buying a larger format ticket with the MoviePass debit card). These subscribers claimed that wasn’t the case, and in regards to one who Deadline corresponded with, she went to the movies 12 times/month with MoviePass. Essentially some in distribution circles believe that MoviePass trumpets itself as a catalyst for indie moviegoing because it’s a lower volume business versus event titles. The notion is that MoviePass is in the business of increasing subscribers, not individual movie ticket purchases over the long run.

At this moment in time, Red Sparrow is expected to open to $20M, which means that even with MoviePass blocking theaters, it’s not slowing down ticket sales.
The pic of the stub is an annoying inconvenience but this is just bad. Denying your customers some movies just opens the door for MP to add more ****ty terms and conditions

The founders of moviepass being black guys is funny for some reason.

Such a hustle on this cheap deal :pimp:

Word. Had no problem with my mp card.

20180302_122010.jpg
So is the take picture of ticket stub feature on the app now?

So is the take picture of ticket stub feature on the app now?
Man, I did that just in case :lol:

When I read about it in here the other day I said thats wild annoying but I might as well get in the habit of doing it.

Sometimes I run late to a showing keeping in mind the 15-20 min grace period of trailers and I don't want to forget since I usually throw stubs away

Back
Top Bottom