MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Anyone have issues for new movies?

I was reading how it works and seems like you cant order tickets online, so curious if it's difficult to see brand new showings since many people order tickets/places have reserved seating. I know if i want to see a movie that opened that day i usually decide earlier that day and reserve my seats for me and friends.

I don't and usually don't have to do any of that even with reserved seating.

I go to the kiosk and cop tickets day of. I don't think you can even order tickets that far in advance unless its e-ticketing.

Then again, I never go to see new ovies on opening night. No reason I should be in a packed theater with a bunch of a-holes that'll distract and disturb from my viewing. Usually if I'm not with the homies I need like a 5 seat radius.

So usually a reserved seating theater isn't super packed when I go.

I was wondering if MP was still restricting certain new movies like they did with Red Sparrow? :nerd:

I think that Red Sparrow thing was area or movie theater specific. I saw it ifne.

Anyone have issues for new movies?

I was reading how it works and seems like you cant order tickets online, so curious if it's difficult to see brand new showings since many people order tickets/places have reserved seating. I know if i want to see a movie that opened that day i usually decide earlier that day and reserve my seats for me and friends.

You can't order online. You have to check in at the movie theater and buy the ticket there. For something like Black Panther and reserved seating it could be a problem. Theaters were practically sold out far in advance. I used Fandango for that before it releaded though.

I saw Pacific Rim without any problems using Movie Pass. I think I saw Game Night the first weekend also.

I plan to terminate service

Anyone know if I will have service until the next billing cycle would start or would it be immediate

have a pending charge for the card I use for my daughter and the charge for mine posted to my credit card a week ago

I plan to terminate service

Anyone know if I will have service until the next billing cycle would start or would it be immediate

have a pending charge for the card I use for my daughter and the charge for mine posted to my credit card a week ago
Why are you getting rid of it? Curious.

Why are you getting rid of it? Curious.
I have a wife and three kids, the youngest being 5 weeks old

I was taking my oldest (will be 5 in June) to see kids movies as well as a couple of super hero movies and star wars which she didn't enjoy as much but tolerated :lol:

I tried taking my 2 year old to Peter Rabbit and she's not really ready for it

plus, it seems there's not many good kid movies coming up soon

I can take my oldest after I put my middle child down for a nap and my wife is ok handling her while tending to the newborn but handling usually means she is on an iPad until I get home

hopefully 9 months down the road the middle child will be ready for movie theaters and I may get it again if there's good movies coming out around the holidays

I have a wife and three kids, the youngest being 5 weeks old

I was taking my oldest (will be 5 in June) to see kids movies as well as a couple of super hero movies and star wars which she didn't enjoy as much but tolerated :lol:

I tried taking my 2 year old to Peter Rabbit and she's not really ready for it

plus, it seems there's not many good kid movies coming up soon

I can take my oldest after I put my middle child down for a nap and my wife is ok handling her while tending to the newborn but handling usually means she is on an iPad until I get home

hopefully 9 months down the road the middle child will be ready for movie theaters and I may get it again if there's good movies coming out around the holidays
Gotcha!!!

Damn.

She legit held them to their contract :lol:

My thing, how do you find 365 new movies? Was she going all over the world? Or did she go 365 times and saw a dozen moves 20×? :lol:

Also if that theater aint across the street 365 trips adds up. Its why I usually bulk up on flicks.

Did a little catching up.

F9A02465-D1D7-482C-BFF1-A5D9D7847641.jpeg

I just activated my card in hopes to see Annihaltion tonight, but the email I just got said it won't activate till tomorrow. Am I SOL to see it tonight or would the pass still work tonight?

Somebody was on the phone in the theater and another person told him everyone can hear it and the other dude put it on speaker for a few seconds to annoy everyone

WE GOOD EVERYWHERE!!!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...f-amc-theatres-covering-all-locations-1099845

MoviePass Ends Standoff With AMC Theatres, Now Covering All Locations
3:15 PM PDT 4/4/2018 by Etan Vlessing

• FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • EMAIL ME
  • PRINT
  • COMMENTS
final_moviepass_corporate_presentation_102517-17_-_h_2017.jpg

Courtesy of MoviePass
The movie subscription service is no longer excluding 10 AMC locations, including in New York City and Los Angeles.
AMC Theatres, the largest operator of movie theaters in the country, no longer thinks MoviePass, the service offering a movie ticket per day for just $6.95 a month, is bad for business.

The movie subscription service has now made peace with AMC and covers all of its theaters, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The move follows MoviePass adding Mark Cuban's Landmark Theatres to the list of cinemas its customers can utilize, and shaving another dollar off a subscription to bring the price to $6.95 per month.

With MoviePass, new monthly subscribers get one movie ticket per day. The ticket subscription service earlier retaliated against AMC by cutting off 10 AMC locations from the MoviePass app, including in New York City, Los Angeles and San Francisco, even as its subscribers had access to 91 percent of all theaters in America.

AMC Entertainment CEO Adam Aron in March said MoviePass' business model was "unsustainable," and added, "We don't see where those numbers add up."

The theaters and studios don't miss out on revenue, as MoviePass pays full price for tickets that it gives to its subscribers — its business model being that it can partner with exhibitors and studios for marketing, concessions and whatever else it thinks of once it gains customers.

But even as MoviePass subscribers get access to all AMC theaters, it is understood the mega-exhibitor and the subscription service are no closer in talks on agreeing to give MoviePass a cut of concessions and other ancillary businesses for bringing more people into theaters.

Cool.

I been going to more regals anyway and the AMC theaters they blocked I never really went to.

Why can’t I get that 6.95. I started since the beginning.

Also my AMC was working anyways :lol:
Just need to get that IMAX deal going on soon

Back
Top Bottom