Moving BACK Home Unappreciation Vol. FML...

Needed to vent a bit...

So me and my girl been living together in our 1st place since November. I got laid off with a one day warning last month and haven't been able to find ajob since. Wifey works but she's working on getting her degree so she doesn't work as much. I get an okay amount of unemployment, but the bills add up.And paying rent with employment checks isn't the move AT ALL. So with the job market being the way it is, it's lookin' like me and wifey are gonnahave to move out and back into my old room...in my mother's house. FTMFL!
frown.gif

Anybody else ever had to move back home? Damn man...once you get the sense of freedom, you aren't trying to go back.

sucks big time, but you gotta do it anyways.
good luck searching for a new job tho.....

I know the feeling, except both me and the wife(maybe soon to be ex) jobs are doing great. We decided to seperate and I left her with the place for the kidsand I moved back home with my parents. I feel like a burden even though I'm not really there much except to sleep. I'm looking for my own crib though.

never had to move back home.... just wanted to wish you luck with your job search and situation.

My husband is laid off at the moment, again, and I support us 100%. It sucks and things are extremely tight but you do what you got to do. I am NOT moving backhome LOL it aint that bad. Your girl needs to step up her hours. Degrees can wait, if it's THAT bad

Originally Posted by Nawth21

My husband is laid off at the moment, again, and I support us 100%. It sucks and things are extremely tight but you do what you got to do. I am NOT moving back home LOL it aint that bad. Your girl needs to step up her hours. Degrees can wait, if it's THAT bad
You're wild, degrees cannot wait. The longer you wait, the longer you keep a "broke" mindset.

hey $$%% happens. Do what you gotta do to stay afloat. I moved back home last summer after being gone for 4-5 years so I could sorta focus on finishing school.Its still buns being back when it comes to the 20 something I live with my mom stylo but in general struggling alone and not being inschool<<<<taking the hit and chilling here a couple of years.

I'm moving out this month with the wifey, but I hope I never have to move back home. Good luck on finding a job and a crib. Keep your head up

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by Nawth21

My husband is laid off at the moment, again, and I support us 100%. It sucks and things are extremely tight but you do what you got to do. I am NOT moving back home LOL it aint that bad. Your girl needs to step up her hours. Degrees can wait, if it's THAT bad
You're wild, degrees cannot wait. The longer you wait, the longer you keep a "broke" mindset.
Sounds good, but when you're in the real world it's all about priorities. If the situation is as bad as the OP described thenunfortunately the degree will HAVE to wait so things can be maintained. It's plenty of people with degrees that are broke so that comment was the dumbest*%*+ I've ever heard in my life.

haha i lived in DC for a year working after school...got transferred to boston, moved back into my parents basement. no rent, free food, laundry taken careof...FTW...i can't complain. the thing is, im not home from mon-thurs because i travel weekly for work. so maybe that makes it easier. it's also why idon't move out, paying 1100 a month for a place im at for 3 days? no thanks....

I'm back at home after being 5 years away at college. I was staying with a relative closer to school. Now that I'm done with school, I've movedback because my parents won't charge me rent. I can't afford my own place right now with the part time job I have. Once I go full time, I'll beable to move out eventually.

sometimes you just have to make a few sacrifices and eventually it will pay out in the long run. so keep your head up. better living at home than strugglin ona day to day basis. hope it all works out for you

thats tough man you will rebound like the stock market...if you give me an update like "my girl finished her degree and left me" then i would feelbad for u...

but you have a roof over your head atleast your not homeless

the stigma of living at home after school is def. a cultural thing...asian and indian cultures don't view it as critically as others i think

Never left
pimp.gif

I want to finish school before I take that step!

I am 21, once I move out I don't want to go back under any circumstances.

It isn't like I have choice either... my mom says once I leave she is moving down south!
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

free food and no rent?

def. appreciated.....

thats what I'm sayin!
SMH @ trying to buy your freedom when your job security isn't promised

Take the L and go back to your parents... at least you and your girl can save some dough while you're looking for a job.

Originally Posted by reggie707

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

free food and no rent?

def. appreciated.....

the mindset of a person still livin with his parents at age 23
laugh.gif
smh.gif
nothing wrong livin at home if your going to school and doing something with your life

Damn, good luck with your situation fam. I moved out the crib when I was 18 and could never imagine living there again.. I've done what I had to do, worked2 jobs, internships, etc so I won't ever have to do that. But the mistake a lot of younger people make is moving out the crib and not having a lot saved up(I def made that mistake)

Originally Posted by Rightguard

thats tough man you will rebound like the stock market...if you give me an update like "my girl finished her degree and left me" then i would feel bad for u...

but you have a roof over your head atleast your not homeless
that's cold
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom