Moving: Socal to NY. Advice?

Originally Posted by kbweezy24

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Use hopstop.com for mta directions
pimp.gif

gregzzy23 wrote:
You will get cuffed and thrown into a cell for possessing any amount of weed. Theres a %*%$ load of good food joints to check out. Since you're in BK start with some square slices at Spumoni's and the best roast beef sandwich you'll ever taste at John's Deli like two blocks down. Get yourself a metro card and learn how to get the most out of it. You can get to ANYwhere in NYC via public transportation.
I disagree. NYPD is just OD on racial profiling (obviously against the Black and Hispanic community).
If you're not Black or Hispanic in NYC, you can sit a pound on your head and nothing will happen.

But first and foremost, get a Metrocard, learn the subway, learn the weekend and late night train schedules (because MTA does construction after midnight and on weekends so service gets re-routed).

Regarding weather: I've been to SD and SF and let me tell you, you are probably not prepared.

Winters hit the Teens, summers hit 90s with a super size order of humidity.

Cop a North Face jacket, that'll keep you warm for winter.

I have nothing to suggest for our summers tho. You can always put clothes on when it's cold, but you can't go naked....it's socially frowned upon.

Best of luck on your move! Hope you love Noo Yawk.

Originally Posted by kbweezy24

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Use hopstop.com for mta directions
pimp.gif

gregzzy23 wrote:
You will get cuffed and thrown into a cell for possessing any amount of weed. Theres a %*%$ load of good food joints to check out. Since you're in BK start with some square slices at Spumoni's and the best roast beef sandwich you'll ever taste at John's Deli like two blocks down. Get yourself a metro card and learn how to get the most out of it. You can get to ANYwhere in NYC via public transportation.
I disagree. NYPD is just OD on racial profiling (obviously against the Black and Hispanic community).
If you're not Black or Hispanic in NYC, you can sit a pound on your head and nothing will happen.

But first and foremost, get a Metrocard, learn the subway, learn the weekend and late night train schedules (because MTA does construction after midnight and on weekends so service gets re-routed).

Regarding weather: I've been to SD and SF and let me tell you, you are probably not prepared.

Winters hit the Teens, summers hit 90s with a super size order of humidity.

Cop a North Face jacket, that'll keep you warm for winter.

I have nothing to suggest for our summers tho. You can always put clothes on when it's cold, but you can't go naked....it's socially frowned upon.

Best of luck on your move! Hope you love Noo Yawk.

Back
Top Bottom