Moving to the BAY AREA/San Francisco, need some help/advice VOL: Filipino night @ Warriors Game

Originally Posted by SFC415

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

so no car expenses in the bay?

1800 for rent is really high, but maybe ur job will compensate for that.

Depends where in SF you live. I live near a BART station, so I don't use my car unless I'm in a rush to get somewhere.
but thats like carrying an over head cost that doens't make sense.  its bad for a car to sit idle over long periods, more so, u are paying insurance and all right? just saying.

SFC415 wrote:

RunningFishy wrote:

so no car expenses in the bay?

1800 for rent is really high, but maybe ur job will compensate for that.

Depends where in SF you live. I live near a BART station, so I don't use my car unless I'm in a rush to get somewhere.
but thats like carrying an over head cost that doens't make sense.  its bad for a car to sit idle over long periods, more so, u are paying insurance and all right? just saying.

And add parking tickets to that also. There is no way you can live and hav a car in SF and not get one here and there. Also if you have a place with a garage, I am sure your rent is more.

Originally Posted by artysm

-Places recommended to stay: Lake Merced area, Outer/Inner Sunset, Mission, Castro ( 
grin.gif
 ), "stay away from Oakland"

-Advice given as "avoid living in san bruno/daly city due to it being boring"
Lake Merced is nice
 daly city is next to  it so I dont  understand the 2nd part

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

SFC415 wrote:

And add parking tickets to that also. There is no way you can live and hav a car in SF and not get one here and there. Also if you have a place with a garage, I am sure your rent is more.
lol. im confused. i know cali is a driving state, but in certain areas, are u saying having a car is not doable?

lol. im confused. i know cali is a driving state, but in certain areas, are u saying having a car is not doable?

I do use my car. Most of my friends don't live in the city, so I drive out now and then. Yea, my rent is more cause I have to pay for my monthly parking spot, but after I compared my monthly expenses in SF with my past expenses in SJ, its just slightly more here.

Mr Fongstarr wrote:

RunningFishy wrote:

SFC415 wrote:

Having a car in SF is fine but it is one of the only places where you can do without it as well. I don't have a car and it can definitely be a pain at times but you really don't need to go outside of this 7 mile radius to do things. Aside from SF, having a car is essential imo or you will get bored out of your mind.

Mr Fongstarr wrote:

Having a car in SF is fine but it is one of the only places where you can do without it as well. I don't have a car and it can definitely be a pain at times but you really don't need to go outside of this 7 mile radius to do things. Aside from SF, having a car is essential imo or you will get bored out of your mind.

So, if I went here for like 10-12 days to visit, I can do fine w/o the car?  Are people nice here towards asians, like fob type and not tanzilla type asians?

So, if I went here for like 10-12 days to visit, I can do fine w/o the car?  Are people nice here towards asians, like fob type and not tanzilla type asians?

Yea you'll definitely be fine/ Only bad thing about the BART is that it closes at 12:30, which forces you to take those expensive @#$ cabs home after the club closes
mad.gif
 people here are nice to everyone, and a huge % of the city is made up of Asians (both fob and non-fob). White people are a minority in the Bay Area
laugh.gif

Make sure you're in decent shape though before you decide to take 15-20 minute walks to everywhere. I went on a 3 month vacation where I didn't do @#$% but eat and sleep, and when I came back home, I was cursing out loud every time I had to walk up those hilly streets 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom