Mr. Robot: Wednesdays at 10 PM on USA

Oh I forgot to say they're allegedly postponing it cuz

*SPOILER*

There's a scene in the finale that's very similar to the Virgina shooting of that news reporter and crew that happened earlier today. I get it but don't like how assumed reactions is affecting when this ep airs. It's literally lets wait until this story is out of the news cycle. This show really doesn't have much to do with what happened so unless the scene is somehow eerily similar to what happened I don't get it. You can't just hide away all shootings on your show when it happens in America all the time.

Last edited:
Similar how? In that guns are involved? In that innocent people are killed? Heard they also edited the episode, as well. i don't agree with any of these decisions, but that's just me.

Not a fan if they edited the episode, stick to the story.

Art definitely isn't responsible for that tragedy, just terrible timing.

Similar how? In that guns are involved? In that innocent people are killed? Heard they also edited the episode, as well. i don't agree with any of these decisions, but that's just me.
Yeah I'm tight too.

Nobody knows what the scene is. Could be real close like some random reporter gets shot by Elliot in a fsociety mask or it could be far away in just that somebody gets shot (could even be a character that deserves it but it's just unexpected).

I'm not even gonna read more about w/e decisions they made editing wise. Really hoping the finale leaks this week though.

Last edited:
I completely understand the move, but :smh: I was so hyped for tonight.

Last edited:
dseJooh.gif

Salon TV critic tweeted:
The MR. ROBOT finale is getting pushed a week because it "contains a graphic > scene similar in nature to today’s tragic events in Virginia." Which, I watched it last night, and yep, yep it does.
I was actually just now working on a piece on the similarity for tomorrow AM. But for those of you wondering if you've been hugely spoiled..
The finale will still surprise you in many, many ways.

My condolences go out to the families of the victims.

people are soft just play the episode 

It's not so much a matter of soft, it's just that art should not be held hostage by real life. "Friends" famously rewrote an entire Monica and Chandler story arc (their honeymoon episode) because it contained a lot of airport security humor. It was supposed to air a few weeks after 9/11. Total coincidence, of course, because the episode was in the can for months, but they had to go back and re-shoot all their scenes. Doesn't matter what show or the circumstances, I don't like it.

^
Not likely.

Mr. RobotVerified account
‏@whoismrrobot
The season finale will air in its entirety next Wed, 9/2 at 10/9c. Tonight we will encore episode 9 of Mr. Robot at 10/9c.

Andy Greenwald
‏@andygreenwald
Having seen it, I agree that USA was right to reconsider. The finale is excellent, though. Don't expect that to change, even with an edit.

Of course they are going to edit it.

The scene is similar to what happened so it's not going to go over any better a week from now than it would have tonight.

Of course they are going to edit it.
The scene is similar to what happened so it's not going to go over any better a week from now than it would have tonight.

I'd still like to know how it's similar. I hope they provide an explanation after it airs.

Back
Top Bottom