Mr. Robot: Wednesdays at 10 PM on USA

Same here. I actually wish the theory isn't true though because it would basically mean everything that occurs this season is fabricated/inside his head

But now the knock at the end of S1 on his door makes a lot of sense

Really don't agree about the hallucinations being a cheap trick or a gimmick. That's been the road we're heading down since day 1. I'd say not to bring your assumptions or experiences with hallucinations on other shows/movies to this. It'll just **** with your expectations.

To me the hallucinating is some of the best part of the show. It shows you how severely mentally ill Elliot actually is. There's no Mr. Robot without it, literally :lol:

As for these theories, meh. I expected it sooner than later to infect this show/fandom. A whole wave of wild theories to get ppl talking or read too much in to while they miss actuall clues and great storytelling along the way.

where have i seen her before? The lawyer

House of Cards, season 1 I believe
Also was on the now cancelled show, The Returned.

Yep. I believe this theory. Damn I'm sure that's the twist now. It's gotta be

In the cafe/diner scenes, it seems everybody is sitting across from somebody/people as well

Plus the basketball scenes reminded me of jail yard ball. **** man that's sick

Yup and he eats with the same "guy" at the same place multiple times a day.

The whole "town" that he's in has the lighting and feel of a psych ward.

His mother behaves only as a guard would, I know she's a cold person from the flashbacks but her interactions are not of a real person.

Then his shrink asks him "why your mom?" She said it in a way like she was asking "why use her a projection" and than he says "better the devil you know" as if he knows he's insitutionalized but he would rather view it in a way that still provided him some kind of control.

The Gideon scene is also way too telling, the way that there seems to be a barrier between them when he was one of the only people who was physically close/touchy with Elliot.

Notice when Elliot freaks out, his mom always intervenes only as a guard would.

Also we see Elliot wash a lot of dishes everyday yet he never eats at home, you can't tell me his moms is eating that much. Seems like that's one of his jobs wherever he is.

His mother behaves only as a guard would, I know she's a cold person from the flashbacks but her interactions are not of a real person.

Then his shrink asks him "why your mom?" She said it in a way like she was asking "why use her a projection" and than he says "better the devil you know" as if he knows he's insitutionalized but he would rather view it in a way that still provided him some kind of control.

The Gideon scene is also way too telling, the way that there seems to be a barrier between them when he was one of the only people who was physically close/touchy with Elliot.

Also we see Elliot wash a lot of dishes everyday yet he never eats at home, you can't tell me his moms is eating that much. Seems like that's one of his jobs wherever he is.

fully on board with all of this, the daily routine stuff just spelled it all out

Darlene is also a really telling example. Remember the graveyard scene with Elliot, Mr.Robot, her and Angela. As they are approaching Mr.Robot tells Elliot that "they're going to try make him go away again", Elliot has been institutionalized before.

Now we flash to now and Darlene is obviously distraught before her macho man speech, it seems to me she's still dealing with the stress of seeing Elliot break down.

Elliot says that Darlene is the only person who comes to see him once in a while, yet notice how she reacts when her right hand man asks about him. She snaps at him in a way that shows just how much it's bothering her.

She knows because her and Angela probably put him there. Both of them are having more success than they've ever had but are shown dealing with the baggage of losing Elliot, he's the common link between both of their emotional makeups.

Last edited:
Damn, nice catch man. It's pretty obvious at this point. I trust Esmail has a plan to make it all come together instead of just that being the twist that gets the causal fan of the show all riled up

Damn, nice catch man. It's pretty obvious at this point. I trust Esmail has a plan to make it all come together instead of just that being the twist that gets the causal fan of the show all riled up

The way he pulled off the twist in the 1st season even after people had figured it out was still impressive, I don't have any doubts when it comes to his mind.

& he also knows ****** is nerding out about the show and he said he's one step ahead of what anybody could be thinking about it.

Even thought nothing has been confirmed yet, this thread is spoiling a lot lol.

If you haven't seen the 1st two episodes at this point, come on b. :lol:

I don't see how theories is spoiling but if that's the case I'll put anything I say about it in a spoiler from now on.

Really don't agree about the hallucinations being a cheap trick or a gimmick. That's been the road we're heading down since day 1. I'd say not to bring your assumptions or experiences with hallucinations on other shows/movies to this. It'll just **** with your expectations.

To me the hallucinating is some of the best part of the show. It shows you how severely mentally ill Elliot actually is. There's no Mr. Robot without it, literally :lol:

As for these theories, meh. I expected it sooner than later to infect this show/fandom. A whole wave of wild theories to get ppl talking or read too much in to while they miss actuall clues and great storytelling along the way.
Also was on the now cancelled show, The Returned.
Yup i agree with you on the hallucinations. The show was great before & after them

i watched the premiere last night. i feel like i need to watch it again. lol.

Me too :lol: especially after reading awwsomes post i just quoted & some of the theories. I def gotta watch it again

more points

-wasnt it said that we see the show (i guess the parts with him really) in his point of view? so the "psych ward" concept is what he wants us to see. He doesn't want to admit to us just yet. Thats why its in hallucinogen/symbolism mode where we see houses/trees and and all that compared to the true setting.

-remember when he said "I dont trust you guys anymore", to us the viewer. This could make him hesitant on what he wants to show or he he shows it to us. (he doesnt trust us because we "knew" that mr robot was himself but we "didnt tell him", from season 1)

-when joey badass had a little fight with the basketball guy, Craig Robinson comes in like a man of power, and they call him sir and everything deflates.

-from what i remember, there was always some type of fence in the background in his scenes

the first time I watched the episode I was wondering if he was in a hospital somewhere too.... but didn't think it was a hallucination

had a few questions early on.... like.... a) how did he end up living with his mom within weeks out the blue .... b) how did he meet his friend, when he doesn't socialize with anyone.... 

the black dude with the dog seemed sus too.... as though he was some sort of mediator or person that everyone on the court knew to keep order 

so the theory of his being in a ward makes complete sense 

So did anybody catch the QR Code in Elliott's notebook?  Leads to Confictura Industries  http://www.conficturaindustries.com/

QR Code's website is from the same company that made his notebook 

The apple peel that Mr. Robot left also looks similar to Confictura Industries' logo 

the first time I watched the episode I was wondering if he was in a hospital somewhere too.... but didn't think it was a hallucination

had a few questions early on.... like.... a) how did he end up living with his mom within weeks out the blue .... b) how did he meet his friend, when he doesn't socialize with anyone.... 

the black dude with the dog seemed sus too.... as though he was some sort of mediator or person that everyone on the court knew to keep order 

so the theory of his being in a ward makes complete sense 

Exactly.

All of a sudden his mom just takes him in? And when has Elliot ever made a new friend? :lol:

I thought Elliot's mom was dead and that it was clear he was hallucinating her waking him up and the rest of her appearances. It's basically confirmed with his session with his therapist/psychiatrist.

I never thought she was real. Just a subconscious manifestation that represents his new strict regiment.

I thought Elliot's mom was dead and that it was clear he was hallucinating her waking him up and the rest of her appearances. It's basically confirmed with his session with his therapist/psychiatrist.

I never thought she was real. Just a subconscious manifestation that represents his new strict regiment.

Same here. When she popped up at the beginning of the episode I was highly confused. I thought maybe I'd watched a few episodes of the last season while extremely intoxicated.

Back
Top Bottom