Mr. Robot: Wednesdays at 10 PM on USA

This episode all sorts of mindbottlin'

-Tyrell's wifey
-White Rose appearance
-Darlene revelation
-Mr. Robot's identity

1644edddbad1157b5687253923fe0985.gif

Suffice to say the Fight Club theory can be put to rest I suppose.

Elliot is NOT a reliable narrator.

And that's how Darlene knows Angela - childhood friends.

Last edited:
I was so confused when Darlene was talking to Angela like they knew each other....I thought I missed an episode or something :lol:

Great episode :pimp:

Can't wait for the last two

Yea that confused me a lil too. Btw is Darlene a prostitute or something? Who tf was that random rich guy she slept with at the beginning? Lol

There is a thread, cool.
Mad confused.(shocked maybe)
This just threw everything for a loop.
His dad though? Man I just watched all the eps in the last few days. I wish I'd have waited until the season was over, now.

Not sure I like what just happened

This ep was like the consistent greatness it's been all season but then those last 5 min :wow: :smh: In my head I was like probably penultimate ep we'd get the cliffhanger about Elliot and Mr. Robot. Then they put it here which caught me a bit off guard in how it's done. I could spend a few posts talking about that alone.

Seems to me Elliot has some sickness. Severe memory issues, probably gonna be compared to a computer with hard drive and software problems. Mr. Robot is his dad. Not a figment of his imagination. So that story about how his dad died is a lie. I'd go as far to say that instead of his dad it's his abusive mom who died and made him promise not to tell anyone. Maybe both his mom and dad both worked for E corp at the time. Maybe both were sick and only he made it. When mom got sick and died the dad snapped, hence why he's obviously so crazy. Makes me wonder if that's why he pushed Elliot off the boardwalk when he told him that story.

Darlene being his sister explains some of her more casual attitude at Elliot's place the whole season. Looking back it seems more like a brother-sister relationship.

To me this ep again showed Elliot isn't Mr. Robot cuz of the meet with Tyrell. I just feel he would said Elliot's name if he was speaking to Elliot. It makes no sense if he already was allies with Elliot to then talk to him the way he did at Steel Mt. Something off with that so I feel it points to Elliot and Mr. Robot being two different ppl. So him being his dad is an even bigger twist from what we were all expecting. Tyrell being partially right about the attack being a revenge plot but applying it to the wrong person, Mr. Robot wants revenge for his dead wife. Elliot has those feelings too but sees more merit in changing the world. It's a family affair when you add in why Darlene is doing this.

Probably more I could say about this but I'll chill until I rewatch and read the rest of yall's opinions.

As for the rest of the ep, Gideon better fall back. I feel he either gonna get it from the Dark Army or E corp just gonna drop his whole company.

Tyrell :smh: He's a psychopath for sure but all this time I thought he was seasoned. He's a virgin to this. Just look how he ran away like a ***** after he killed ol girl. How shook he is coming in to work, how he wants to avoid the detectives so badly, he fired those 3 dudes when they brought up employees going gay to raise up the ranks (they weren't smart enough to put two and two together). His wife can see it clearly on his face. He went to the next level and isn't quite ready yet. Son is super frazzled. He should take a breath but **** is happening at a more break neck speed. He won't know what to do when the big attack starts.

That meet with the White Rose was cool. I like how Elliot reflected on the whole time aspect after. If you pay attention to the dialogue the whole ep the word "time" is mentioned a lot here and there in other scenes. That time is precious, stop wasting mine, you keep repeating yourself instead of providing new info seems like something out of a video game. Frustrating and funny.

White Rose..

BD_Wong.jpg
I knew I recognized him.

Interesting they make white rose a ****** unless that was an elaborate distraction disguise which I doubt.
When old dude told her to put his hairy balls snug in her mouth and swish it around and then ask him the question had me like :wow: :rofl:

Wish she had done it.

What is she planning, I'm confused about her plan. She is willing to ruin the lives of all the employees at AllSafe to get Evil corp to admit they are responsible for the deaths of her mom and other evil corp employees?

By the way, how is a company named Evil Corp really successful? I would never be associated with them.
Her plan is to get Kolby to admit they knowingly got all those ppl sick or killed and that it was an E corp decision. That'll land her and the rest affected a whole bunch of money. It'll also lead to possible jail time for whoever was in charge at the time when they made decisions.

To get that she lied about chain of custody involving Kolby's charges (which he was framed for by fsociety to begin with) so he won't go to prison for that.

Also, it's not really called Evil corp. It's E corp but at the start of the series Elliot said he imagines ppl saying Evil corp every time. Now they just do it on the show even when he isn't around to hear it or it could be this entire story is being told by Elliot hence the consistency.
I was so confused when Darlene was talking to Angela like they knew each other....I thought I missed an episode or something :lol:

Great episode :pimp:

Can't wait for the last two
Caught me off guard too.

But since Darlene is Elliot's sister it only makes sense she knows Anglea and they're friends. At first I thought it was gonna be something like she was always in on the fsociety thing with Darlene and what looks like she was forced to do were calculated plans (Dark Army hack in to Allsafe)

my favorite show on TV right now. I really wanted to wait until the season wrapped to watch again, but I just want to see everything piece together. It's just so fresh, different, and forwarding. Nic pizzolatto should take notes.

"Wanna watch your favorite movie?"
dfnk7So.jpg

For anyone wondering why Elliot would hide data on CDs:
I remember a few people wondering why Elliot would wipe his computer and then just put all his data on CDs where people could find it.
In this episode (S01E08), we finally see him read a CD.. and he's using DeepSound, which allows him to hide encrypted data inside an audio file. Meaning if someone were to use the CD, it would look and play just like it should.
http://jpinsoft.net/DeepSound/

Ep 2
Y5k6UOF.png

Ep 8
092YhMh.png

CUX1YV6.jpg

Last edited:
not convinced that mr robot is the dad. possibly appears to him as the dad, is a hallucination or alternate personality with the form of the dad.
or maybe my mind just won't accept it.

this show continues to be fantastic. the meeting with white rose was played perfectly. the philosophical threads woven into this show are beautifully done. much less heavy-handed than the matrix movies that practically rubbed it in your face.

Show just keeps getting better and better. Hopefully everything gets tied together tho.. would be disappointed if I'm just left confused more than ever after the finale lol

Man i wish more ppl watched & posted in this thread cause this really is one of the best new shows out
Word of mouth and critical praise is definitely there.

I feel like if this was available on Netflix or Hulu down the line, it would definitely help elevate the shows status.

I was sure it was gonna be a 13 episode season :smh:
Great show, really refreshing and different. So glad it got renewed for a second season.

This is the best show on television right now.  Period.

The cinematography is unmatched by any show currently on tv.  I am a little behind so I am not reading all of these pages, but this show is captivating.

Back
Top Bottom