MRI reveals Andruw Jones has torn knee cartilage

LOS ANGELES -- Andruw Jones underwent an MRI on Monday that revealed a slightcartilage tear in his right knee, and the Dodgers will wait a few days to see if the centerfielder will have to undergo surgery.

"Hopefully, I can do it [surgery] in the offseason," Jones said, according to The Los Angeles Times.

Jones was scratched from Monday night's game against Cincinnati because of swelling due to fluid buildup. He said he felt discomfort during theDodgers' weekend games against the Angels.

Jones signed a two-year, $36.2 million contract with the Dodgers in the offseason but hasn't rewarded them. He is batting .167 with two home runs, sevenRBIs and a .275 on-base percentage.

Jones was hitless in 11 at-bats in the Dodgers' interleague series against the Angels.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Baseball everyday + heavy weight = possible cause.

That doesn't explain why he is reluctant to go the other way and try to pull everything, he's been playing poorly for a year and a half.

Torn cartilage is nothing serious (I should know, just gets sore from time to time, and recovery from surgery doesn't take long).

That could explain his poor hitting....
I don't know, not really. If it was bothering him, you'd probably be able to physically tell, like changing something in his stance orswing to alleviate the pain.

If anything, it would affect him in the field and on the basepaths.
That doesn't explain why he is reluctant to go the other way and try to pull everything, he's been playing poorly for a year and a half.
True story.

Baseball everyday + heavy weight = possible cause.

+ getting Older...
thats the exact formula for lower leg problems.

When I tore up my knee and dislocated my knee cap Doc told me since I wasnt playin ball no more there was no reasonfor me to be hovering around 195 lbs. saidthat !$+% just adds more stress to your knees and ankles

So I can imagine what Andruws Hefty 260 lb+ frame is doin to his legs
smh.gif

I touched on this in the other thread but check this out....

His batting average problems started July 21st 2006 with an 0-4 day. Here are the results since that day:

2006 - 62 Games (212 ABs), .226 BA
2007 - 154 Games (572 ABs), .222 BA
2008 - 42 Games (132 ABs), .167 BA

no he is pushing 3 bills with out question
He doesn't look THAT heavy to me, not like Prince Fielder.

19511ae3e7467317fe487c1926e8f6a6-getty-80331781lb022_los_angeles_d.jpg

He does look like he's running with Forrest Gump braces on his knees in this picture though.
laugh.gif

Who is his agent? That guy deserves some kind of award for ripping off the Dodgers.

It's gotta be Boras or someone like that.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

It's gotta be Boras or someone like that.

smh.gif

I should've known.

I just did some research and you may already know this KLJ, but guess who's contract is up this year and recently hired Boras to negotiate a new deal?

And guess who Manny considers to be a good friend who also happens to be a Boras client?

a-rod-and-manny.jpg

Back
Top Bottom