MTV 2011 Hottest MC Nominees vol. Trolling MTV is trolling

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Put it like this,

A lot of the people that cats who disagree with the list aren't even hot. Cats liking cats who only have a buzz online and who can't even get on the radio. someone tell people that being blog rapper doesn't count in these types of discussions.

This. I don't even listen to the radio, but if you were to flip through any random city's playlist, the top ten hottest MC's
would more than likely be:

Wayne

Drake

Nicki

Wale

J. Cole

Future

Waka Flocka

Machine Gun Kelly

Kanye West

Jay-Z

Is that a sad list? Yes. But that doesn't mean they're not hot. Meek Mill could probably replace somebody on there.

I hate it when you dudes argue about lists. Especially from places that have little to zero hip hop creditability or background. I at least can understand why you guys get upset about XXL Freshman nods.

Anyways Kanye will be number 1 based off everything over the past 18-24 months. He's everywhere, and almost always praised for how amazing of an artist he is.

Put it like this,

A lot of the people that cats who disagree with the list aren't even hot. Cats liking cats who only have a buzz online and who can't even get on the radio. someone tell people that being blog rapper doesn't count in these types of discussions.

QFT...If your not running the radio or at least on it your name has no business in a discussion this big...were talking the biggest artist in the industry and J.Cole not being on the list is just straight out
indifferent.gif
...I dont even mess with his music like that but dude got a platinum single and his album went gold

Originally Posted by trak1sh

Drake will be #1

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif

Jay should be top 5 atleast though... Other than Wayne and Nicki who's more relevent than him
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

(Yes he's more relevent than Ross)

Drake or Ross will be #1, just off the fact the whole year they been buzzing, and they been on a roll with releasing music people like

How can someone go on a tour with rihanna, sell 300k in his first week and go gold off of his debut album and go gold off of his single, and go on his own world tour, and not be on the list?

What? Big sean was number 8 and he sold 83k first week. Same basically for wale. What was the criteria if cole didn't even get on the list? He was nominated for a damn grammy!

Drake will be number one…as he should.

Wayne did a milli in a week again, after the whole industry doubt he woulkd even break 300K first week wit' C4.

Tune gon' come in #1.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Wayne did a milli in a week again, after the whole industry doubt he woulkd even break 300K first week wit' C4.

Tune gon' come in #1.

he hasn't been the hottest rapper through 2011. the whole reason people are skeptical about those numbers is because after it dropped that was it...no one really cared about it. Drake been hot all 2011...Kanye...Ross. all of them been hotter than Wayne. 

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Tune gon' come in #1.

he hasn't been the hottest rapper through 2011. the whole reason people are skeptical about those numbers is because after it dropped that was it...no one really cared about it. Drake been hot all 2011...Kanye...Ross. all of them been hotter than Wayne. 
I wanna believe those numbers, but I honestly don't know people in real life who have Carter 4.

Tune gon' come in #1.

The only thing those people have over Wayne in 2011, is better quality albums/mixtapes. Record sales were no where near close to Wayne's.

So you mean to tell me that Rick Ross... the same Rick Ross who has had his album pushed back twice this year, dropped two singles that got absolutely nowhere, and who dropped two official projects this year is the hottest rapper out
ohwell.gif

Under no circumstance can an argument be bought up for this. Does he make the best music NO, Does he sell the most records NO, Anything Major outside of hiphop NO, Is he the most respected NO, Is he creatively doing anything to change rap NO

There is absolutely no criteria this guy fits that allows him to take a #1 spot 

I don't think it can be disputed that Rick Ross is the hottest out right now. He ran the summertime and kept MMG in talks as the hottest label out by himself cause he's the only superstar rapper on there. Lets not confuse hot with best
They snubbed Hov though

Even with the album push back Ross kept it moving, and having wale and meek on the list didnt hurt either

Tune gon' come in #1.

The only thing those people have over Wayne in 2011, is better quality albums/mixtapes. Record sales were no where near close to Wayne's.
This irks me.

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Ross had a better 2011 than Drake?

grin.gif
I hate Drake, but I'll be damned if I say Ross had a better year than him.  The fact Cole nor Jeezy made this list is absurd though.
IMO it should be 

1. Drake

2. Ye

3. Jay

4. Ross

5. Wayne

6. Cole

7. Nicki

8. Jeezy

9. Wale

10. Meek

Originally Posted by tyisny

So you mean to tell me that Rick Ross... the same Rick Ross who has had his album pushed back twice this year, dropped two singles that got absolutely nowhere, and who dropped two official projects this year is the hottest rapper out
ohwell.gif

Under no circumstance can an argument be bought up for this. Does he make the best music NO, Does he sell the most records NO, Anything Major outside of hiphop NO, Is he the most respected NO, Is he creatively doing anything to change rap NO

There is absolutely no criteria this guy fits that allows him to take a #1 spot 

EXACTLY. 
The fact that J. Cole isn't on it makes me not really care about it anyway. *shrugs* 

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Ross had a better 2011 than Drake?

grin.gif
I hate Drake, but I'll be damned if I say Ross had a better year than him.  The fact Cole nor Jeezy made this list is absurd though.
IMO it should be 

1. Drake

2. Ye

3. Jay

4. Ross

5. Wayne

6. Cole

7. Nicki

8. Jeezy

9. Wale

10. Meek Big Sean

i agree with this.
WTH is the name of the big song or anything Wiz had after Black and Yellow? and clearly nobody cared about the stuff he had going on with Snoop...so outside of his touring...whats his claim of "hottness" this year?

Big Sean made some noise he deserves it over Meek, who only had Imma Boss...House Party wasnt that big to me and mixtape wasnt nutin to write home about, or so ive heard...but overall i would take 2 Chainz year over Meek's in a heartbeat!

Back
Top Bottom