MTV The Challenge season 27: Bloodlines Fall/Winter 2015

^^^
roll.gif

I never really liked Coral. That mouth and attitude man. She was looking fly as the aftershow host but still talked way toomuch.

how could i forgot about her? :smh:

enjoyed her on the challenges

I used to think her and Rachel were goddesses until Rachel went full **** and started wearing that awful headband. Abram was such a luck my dude to have had a 3 some with them. Think Darrell smashed too

Cara Maria is prettier when she doesn't have all that make up on. She looks much better when she's just hanging around the house then when she's in the confessional.

Svetlana and Johanna >>>>>

I wonder if they would have a threesome with psycho Abe now.

The story john told of Abe threatening to burn down his house because he owed him $350 was kinda funny.

Where is cooke on that list??

Just do another fresh meat. We got gems from that. Unsuspend Kenny
#FreeKenny

Nah, keep that scumbag off these shows.
Kenny was great.

Way more entertaining than Johnny Backpack. When he would manipulate it was believable and it felt like a real battle of wits when he went against Wes.

Now, Johnny just does it with wizard magic and we all :smh: at how stupid these ppl are.

Wow Bananas. At least he took the defeat graciously. And how in the hell did Cory and Mitch do that?! From last place to first.
Cara and Jamie might have a chance.

The last few teams seems so weak to me.

Wow Bananas. At least he took the defeat graciously. And how in the hell did Cory and Mitch do that?! From last place to first.

Those damn puzzles, man. They can bring down anyone.

I think Bananas took the loss graciously because it was Cara Maria, who is definitely the best veteran competitor left. Game recognize game. If Bananas had gone down to, say, Cory and Mitch (just a hypothetical, I know they were safe), I think he would have been more upset.

Those damn puzzles, man. They can bring down anyone.

I think Bananas took the loss graciously because it was Cara Maria, who is definitely the best veteran competitor left. Game recognize game. If Bananas had gone down to, say, Cory and Mitch (just a hypothetical, I know they were safe), I think he would have been more upset.

I agree. He would've lost his mind if it had been them or Abe/Mike. At least Cara tries. Aneesa... How is she still there? I just don't get it.

I wonder if they would have a threesome with psycho Abe now.

The story john told of Abe threatening to burn down his house because he owed him $350 was kinda funny.

Abe did have a threesome with Veronica and Rachel. Lucky *** dude

Amazon Prime Vid used to have some of the older seasons for free but now you gotta pay smh. I wish you could find all of them to watch somewhere

I dunno why but the recent real worlds have no appeal to me. Probably because there are so many reality shows now. mtv actually did that retro mtv programming a year or two ago and I enjoyed watching the really old seasons. The casts were so diverse and some of them were already eastablished in their lives. SF had pedro who was going through his sickness and being an activist and speaker, pam was studying to be a doctor and continued working while on the show, one guy was a musician, and you had puck. London had a pro race car driver, a fencer, a musician, and I think one girl was a model.

I dunno why but the recent real worlds have no appeal to me. Probably because there are so many reality shows now. mtv actually did that retro mtv programming a year or two ago and I enjoyed watching the really old seasons. The casts were so diverse and some of them were already eastablished in their lives. SF had pedro who was going through his sickness and being an activist and speaker, pam was studying to be a doctor and continued working while on the show, one guy was a musician, and you had puck. London had a pro race car driver, a fencer, a musician, and I think one girl was a model.

Just because somebody claims they're a "musician" or "model" doesn't mean anything. I know lots of people who are musicians or do various modeling gigs, and they have day jobs.

If someone plays music and gigs and is in a band won't that make them a musician? Modeling stuff and having modeling jobs kinda makes you a model too. Out of all I wrote you nitpick that small stuff.

dmbrhs dmbrhs
Think you're being too literal again brotha.

Shogun is right though.

back then it was more genuine. people wanting a break from life to do this experience

now it's more they do it to get recognized..

I wish i could pinpoint which season it started taking a turn. I almost want to say with David in New Orleans, he was trying hard to get famous.

Last edited:
dmbrhs dmbrhs
Think you're being too literal again brotha.

Shogun is right though.

back then it was more genuine. people wanting a break from life to do this experience

now it's more they do it to get recognized..

I wish i could pinpoint which season it started taking a turn. I almost want to say with David in New Orleans, he was trying hard to get famous.

The biggest shift in show history was Vegas because it was the first season where every cast member was 21 or older. Having 19 or 20-year-old cast members was a routine thing, and part of the drama of the show was how the person who couldn't legally drink would handle being around people who could. They'd try to sneak into bars and such. Vegas changed that. Even though the show has had underage cast members since (Cameran in San Diego, Priscilla in the new San Diego), they've mostly had 21+ casts. Hence, the turn into drunken debauchery, because everyone could take part.

Wish HULU had older seasons on there. Miss the older challenges

Last edited:
The biggest shift in show history was Vegas because it was the first season where every cast member was 21 or older. Having 19 or 20-year-old cast members was a routine thing, and part of the drama of the show was how the person who couldn't legally drink would handle being around people who could. They'd try to sneak into bars and such. Vegas changed that. Even though the show has had underage cast members since (Cameran in San Diego, Priscilla in the new San Diego), they've mostly had 21+ casts. Hence, the turn into drunken debauchery, because everyone could take part.

A lot of people point to the first Vegas season as the turning point, but I think it kinda started a few seasons prior in Hawaii with Ruthie and her alcohol issues. They saw the "value" in selecting some of the most emotionally damaged young adults for the cast, making for some pretty volatile tv moments. Hot tubs, mostly attractive young cast with little to no career goals & free booze pretty much became the standard after that season.

A lot of people point to the first Vegas season as the turning point, but I think it kinda started a few seasons prior in Hawaii with Ruthie and her alcohol issues. They saw the "value" in selecting some of the most emotionally damaged young adults for the cast, making for some pretty volatile tv moments. Hot tubs, mostly attractive young cast with little to no career goals & free booze pretty much became the standard after that season.
I can see it and you look at how they depicted and handled Diem's death (which really overshadowed Knight's death honestly) during her last Challenge and showing the relationship with CT but then I tend to wonder if they dropped the ball or realized how serious what they were dealing with was in that RW San Diego season where they cast that cute chick Frankie who had some problems who eventually committed suicide a few years later (the season with Jamie Chung). Like to me they didn't exploit that girl's problems a lot. If anything she was shown to be more of a loner from what I remember.

Since then they've toed the line. They exploit it but not to extreme levels like we're use to on most reality tv. The production company is probably aware of that. So while they've switched the feel of the show they haven't gone crazy. It's probably why they don't have the best ratings when you consider the type of ppl they could cast. It's like they're trying to find their own kind of success doing it.

I can see it and you look at how they depicted and handled Diem's death (which really overshadowed Knight's death honestly) during her last Challenge and showing the relationship with CT but then I tend to wonder if they dropped the ball or realized how serious what they were dealing with was in that RW San Diego season where they cast that cute chick Frankie who had some problems who eventually committed suicide a few years later (the season with Jamie Chung). Like to me they didn't exploit that girl's problems a lot. If anything she was shown to be more of a loner from what I remember.

Since then they've toed the line. They exploit it but not to extreme levels like we're use to on most reality tv. The production company is probably aware of that. So while they've switched the feel of the show they haven't gone crazy. It's probably why they don't have the best ratings when you consider the type of ppl they could cast. It's like they're trying to find their own kind of success doing it.

Frankie didn't commit suicide. She had cystic fibrosis. Most people with it don't reach age 40. She obviously didn't live a healthy lifestyle (smoker), which contributed to perhaps a more premature death. Maybe she suffered from depression and had a death wish, but she certainly didn't kill herself. Also, the show definitely didn't exploit her condition. She was very candid about it, explaining that she knew she'd die before a certain age. She'd come to terms with it.

I still maintain that was the best cast, in terms of cohesiveness. There was some tension early on, like when Robin said Jah didn't look or act like someone from the ghetto and then dropped an n-bomb on some random dude outside a bar and told Jah she said it like it ain't no thang. But, when Robin went to jail, that was the turning point. I'll never forget Jah saying to Robin (about getting arrested) "It's just a fact of life...well, not a fact of life, but you know..." and everyone started cracking up. Also, Jah walking around with the "Free Brad" sign. That season was straight comedy.

Back
Top Bottom