*MUST SEE* OG 2000 Space Jam Jordan Restoration

Should I swap the sole with the ones from a fake pair?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post, so bear with me. I am currently in the process of restoring my old pair of space jams that I have had for many years. My father's friend found them in the back of a little souped up Honda and decided to gift them to me. It was awkward as **** since the soles were as yellow as dehydrated camel piss, but I decided to take them since the rest of the sneaker was intact. I decided to wear them for a while and when I became tired of them decided to give them to my cousin who in return gradually wore them out even further. I decided to take them back...so HERE are my gradual postings as of today. Be prepared to witness something you have probably never seen before; the disassembly and restoration of the 2000 Space Jams, enjoy

Terrible:

!

Soles chipped through use:

Tag: Size 10

JUMPMAN JAM:

Compared to the 2012 Bred XI's:

Decided to clean them up with some (Refreshed shoe cleaner):

I wasn't kidding when I said Camel Piss Yellow:

It is def. not supposed to detach like that:

Chunk missing off of the back:

It is an industrial heat blower which works at extreme temperatures. It will be used to detach soles in orde to apply new ones, which I hope to receive from a fake Jordan website.

Is it wrong of me to attach soles from a fake pair of Space Jams onto mine? leave feed back.

Heating It Up:

Sole Is removed, there is a lot of dirt under the sole which has to be washed.

So I decide to leave the Sole flaps out to dry:

Decide to wash the bottom to remove surface glue:

Found the hole:

Kinda Looks a like a crocodile to me (only works if you have a decent imagination) :

Decide to detach the Mid sole with the heat blower:

Sole + Midsole detached. Open Gap was left on the rest of the actual shoe. It has to be glued back together:

Burned the rubber-like material:

It was very dirty:

Some Markings on the Mid Sole:

Hey Iook, Its the new Jordan Sock:

Will you cop these New Space Jam Jordan Xi Slippers, are they a Cop or Drop release?  Leave feed back.

Decided to tape the yellowed Mid sole in hopes of Painting it white:

The taping on this side did not have to be perfect:

Final Result, Side view:

View from the Back:

Brand new pics of the Space Jam XI slippers. Cop or Drop? Leave feed back:

This Is how far I have gotten, Its kinda late so I will start back up tomorrow. I still need to buy Barge cement since Some asian guy online recommended It to me:

Will Hopefully post more photos tomorrow. Please leave comments, thoughts, and feed back

- Thanks,

MarioAndres

Last edited:
Damn thats one hell of a beater and one hell of a project! Keep going with this project and update us along the way! :nerd:

Very good work. Kinda uneasy that my 09 pair is on its way to looking like that.

I say use the clear soles from a fake pair of Space Jams. those OG soles are DONE.

I used the midsole from a fake pair of 4s as donors for the 99 Black Cements. They fit perfecly and have held up remarkably well

Would a pair of clear soles from one of the XI IE releases fit if you bought the same size? It will probably look fine with the fake soles, but for me it would bother me knowing I had a pair of OGs with a fake part.

These for instance: View media item 213178

Would a pair of clear soles from one of the XI IE releases fit if you bought the same size? It will probably look fine with the fake soles, but for me it would bother me knowing I had a pair of OGs with a fake part.

These for instance:
i did this and it doesnt fit perfectly, but good enough for my first project. Looks perfect on foot but you can somewhat notice its not line up right when close up.

Last edited:
Dude, this is an amazing restoration, im currently restoring my spacejams, the difference is that i don't have and midsoles! im currently trying to find one and glue everything back together, but keep posting pics, i wanna see how these look like when their done.

Dope to see!! where are the results
happy.gif

Has ne1 used both sea glow and 'secret sauce' which worked best? Post pix if u have'em pleez

Back
Top Bottom