my body is falling apart....

so after eating **** today while skating, i reflected on all my injuries and how my body(ankle, wrist, knee) is slowly deteriorating. It seems like if i dont get too extreme during my outdoor activities, my body feels somewhat normal, but the second i tweak something the wrong way, i'm back to square one. my question to you all is... will i ever recover fully? i know that strengthening and stretching your muscles and joints are supposed to help, but no matter what I feel as if ill always be a little damaged. I know a lot of yall hoop and are active, so any advice or personal experiences?

Yes. I'm examining your medical history and charts and from the looks of it, you're going to be just fine. Lay off the extreme sports, eats your Wheaties and you're going to be fine champ. Give it a years time. It'll be... S'real.

Caught me off guard 
roll.gif
roll.gif

i appreciate your thorough examination dr. seeko.. once i get rich and famous i'll be sure to give you a shout out.... keep it sreal

bruh I dislocated my knee on a stair set like 8 years ago and it still hurts randomly.

I'm gonna go with no you will not recover fully without proper care.

if someone can find thadocta he can probs confirm.

Last edited:
My advice, stop skating and taking part in activities that injure you.

We all get old and depending on how you treat your body, your recovery time from injuries gets longer and longer each time you hurt yourself. If you don't want to be limping around when you're in your 50s I suggest you find another way to be active. That's my unprofessional opinion.

I stick to the elliptical at the gym and weights. Don't even run outside anymore because everyone I know who used to and is now older has joint and knee problems.

Last edited:
Man I skate on occasion myself. I'm 21. In a couple years I'm gonna have to retire the board for my own safety :lol:

We all get old and depending on how you treat your body, your recovery time from injuries gets longer and longer each time you hurt yourself. If you don't want to be limping around when you're in your 50s I suggest you find another way to be active. That's my unprofessional opinion.

I stick to the elliptical at the gym and weights. Don't even run outside anymore because everyone I know who used to and is now older has joint and knee problems.

I don't think that running outdoors is what caused that.

Seriously though, the human body is made to run outside. Your advice is terrible, IMHO.

bruh I dislocated my knee on a stair set like 8 years ago and it still hurts randomly.

I'm gonna go with no you will not recover fully without proper care.

Sounds familiar. Stretched the tendons in my ankle bailing over a ledge and messed my knees from years of skating as well.

Last edited:

Seriously though, the human body is made to run outside. Your advice is terrible, IMHO

Running on concrete causes knee & joint damage.

Seriously though, the human body is made to run outside. Your advice is terrible, IMHO

Running on concrete causes knee & joint damage.

So find some wilderness.

on the same boat you are OP. my right knee locks up, my left knee randomly gives out on me when i walk, i got really really messed up nerves on my left wrist and left ankle, my hip pops on command as well as my whole body, i can pop both my shoulders out of place. every time i come home from skating i feel like i'm a hundred years old 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

I think it might be age, your body is starting to feel the effects of the activities you use to do, or you might not be as healthy as you once was. I ran cross country all 4 years of high school, ran track for 2 years, and I hooped AAU and high school. I did a hell of a lot of running lol. Back in high school I recovered from injuries pretty quickly. I never had any lasting or random aches and pains from any of my injuries. My senior year I messed up my knee during basketball season. I recovered about a year later and my knee felt fine. Fast forward to 2 1/2 - 3 years later I've broken 3 more fingers and had a minor foot injury and I STILL feel minor aches and pains but I'm completely recovered. Oh and also the knee that I messed up in high school sometimes bothers me like I cant walk or stand for super long periods of time. Walking around Austin all day during SXSW was hell lol. im only 21 btw

Last edited:
No its not you are being dramatic. I know someone who is 26 with pancreatic cancer and someone with liver failure at 31. That is really falling apart. Be thankful for what you have instead of focusing on what you don't.

on the same boat you are OP. my right knee locks up, my left knee randomly gives out on me when i walk, i got really really messed up nerves on my left wrist and left ankle, my hip pops on command as well as my whole body, i can pop both my shoulders out of place. every time i come home from skating i feel like i'm a hundred years old 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

You wilin

dude vitamin c forreal  i had killer pain in my knees and legs for years yeah i thought it was dumb to but i started taking it when i had scurvy  and its been a miracle drug for me

Back
Top Bottom