MY NEW GUN PICKUP...............VOL. IT'S A LONG RANGE RIFLE....DON'T CALL IT SNIPER...

That's a nice build there.

I myself like to shoot ARa and have a few of them...not good at target shooting for more than 200 yards though...
laugh.gif

I like the Remington 700 which is the same bolt action sniper rifle that the military uses.

Im building a 338 Lapua right now. Ill have to learn how to reload once its finished because there are no rounds for it anywhere
frown.gif

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

LOL yes there is actually a forum called SilencerTalk.
laugh.gif
I can only imagine
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
nice rifle though man, i see you got the hand gun andvest and you need now is the tactical outfit and some grenades and you good to go.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Via the wonders of the internet I was able to find and buy this extremely hard to find match grade accurized version of the M-16/M4/AR-15 called the Mark 12 SPR. The SEALS use it as well as US Army Special Forces. It is VERY accurate and can hit out to 1000 yards with the right ammo and scope. It uses a a heavier 5.56mm projectile than the regular M-16/M4/AR-15. That combined with a special heavy free float barrell with a 1 and 8 twist makes this one bad long range rifle.I also ordered the collapsible bipod. Since I'm DoD I get to attend long range rifle school when I get back to the states in which I will fully learn to use the beast.

The scope I bought for it alone is up to $1400 and is 13.5 inches long (Leupold Mark 4 Series with illuminated reticle). I also bought 1000 rounds of special match grade ammo for it so I can learn the fine art of precision long range marksmanship. I plan on entering competitions. So why did I get this...simple, this is my new hobby. It is very challenging and rewarding to hit targets with accuracy from long range and when I become good enough I will compete. Anyway below are pics of what it looks like. I am overseas right now, but once it FFL's over to my hometown and my lady goes to pick it up she is going to send pics of my baby then i'll update the pics. BTW are there any other LR shooters on this board?

dpms%20M12.gif

Scopes2.jpg

nra-cho.jpg

on the real, NC allows civilians to have high heat like this?
Whoever came up with that picture has some nerve.

Hoplophobia FTL, crazy people will figure out ways to kill people with all sorts of common items. Timothy McVeigh killed hundred with fertilizer. I am an NRAmember and so is my dad and I am glad to know that I will hopefully go through my life wit ha gun and never have to use it in the heat of a fight. It is muchbetter than, god forbid, the opposite happening, needing a gun and not having it and sobbing because you know the cops will not have even left the donut shopby the time you're dead. I guess you can move to one of those gun free places like Detroit or Washington and avoid that fate.

To the OP, your long range shooting sounds pretty fun. I have trained mostly with pistols, shot guns and unarmed combat/martial arts. Some of my relatives werein the Nicaraguan Civil War and have taught me some pretty powerful stuff as well like how to use knives, and the principles of grenades, explosives and how todeal with vehicles.

I would like to eventually add long range shooting to my skill set and good luck on your attempting to become a better marksman. Update this thread and let usknow how you're doing in a few weeks or months.

Back
Top Bottom