My people are really proving every stereotype right EDIT: Sort of a reach

EDIT: After further review even though I'm not all for it I was reaching
HipHop_Inauguration_Hero_jm_v1.jpg

Last year I get a flyer to a MLK Day After Party
Next year in the same month hip hop is throwing a party for the first black president
And it aint even like it's Chuck D or somebody. TI someone whose about to jail for having bin laden guns?
indifferent.gif

We got to do better!

Aren't they entertainers? I guess entertainers are stereotyped to entertain. Can we please cut back on all the self-race-criticism (if that's even aterm) it's becoming really really tired.

so we cant celebrate having a first black president???

oh i get it now....out of all people....TI????
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

and what stereotypes might those be?
We have a felon and a soon to be convict throwing the inaugural ball for the 1st black president. Who cares if there entertainers thats irrelevant

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

We have a felon and a soon to be convict throwing the inaugural ball for the 1st black president. Who cares if there entertainers thats irrelevant

Oh, so because they are felons they can't celebrate a historic moment? Gotcha OP. BTW, that still doesn't answer my question. What stereotypes are theyproving right?

Oh, so because they are felons they can't celebrate a historic moment? Gotcha OP.
When they become the face of the celebration yes.

This kind of reminds me when Bill Oreilly was talking how Nas shouldn't perform at the Virginia Tech vigil because he had guns in his lyrics.

Young Jeezy has a song about the greatest achievement in our people history. T.I. has built homes for thousands of people in the south. Russel Simmons hasmultiple foundations for all youths.
If they want to throw a hip-hop party with performers with no history, they will be left with Talib and Kanye
laugh.gif

I don't see how any stereotypes are fulfilled but that's just me
grin.gif

How about Diddy as a better option?
Diddy will probably be in DC though considering how amped up he was about getting Obama elected
laugh.gif

i see what you're saying, though it's a reach, i still see it.

yeah jeezy sold white, t.i. had more guns than hulk hogan, but are we really gonna hold that against them in this case? they're headlining a party, one ofthousands of parties (probably even more) for Americas 1st black president. it's not like it's being hosted by the obama family, get real it'smyspace. if it bothers you that much go and find another party to hit, im sure you'll find 1.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

How about Diddy as a better option?
Diddy will probably be in DC though considering how amped up he was about getting Obama elected
laugh.gif

He elected who? I suppose he will perform Mo Money Mo problems?....or how Its all about the Benjamins?
laugh.gif

I would like to see Wycleaf though
nerd.gif

Oh, so because they are felons they can't celebrate a historic moment? Gotcha OP.
When they become the face of the celebration yes.
SHWAP I generally agree with everything you say on here (outside of the Weekend Girl tiff) but I can't cosign this.

Yes, he's an ex-felon, but he's also arguably the face of the hip-hop generation and "REFORMED" for that matter. T.i.'s been preachingpositivity ever since his recent bout with the law and Jeezy, bless his soul, did his best to get his politics on and was pretty involved campaigning for Obamathis year.

And I don't know about stereotypes, I guess I understand if what you're saying is you don't understand why Black people have to throw an afterpartyfor EVERYTHING on the calendar, but I mean people are happy. If they wanna celebrate, let them celebrate. Celebrating isn't a "Black thing."

610x.jpg

5586.jpg

("Disco, disco!")

I mean, I don't think this is anywhere near as bad as you're making it out to be. I half expected to come in here and see people drinking 40s, eatingfriend chicken, and twerking, while showing off jewelry and having children out of wedlock. This really isn't that big a deal...

Maybe my OP was too forward I'm not saying theyre setting us back 100 years. But come on 1st black president and this is our representatives. Like ihalfway get Jeezy the whole black president song. I just think Russell could have choosed better artist that's all. I'm not on my Uncle Ruckus steeze

Back
Top Bottom