My Wish: Raiders Forever (ESPN)

That kid has such a GREAT personality....truly infectious. I love seeing stuff like this. Makes you put things in perspective and not try to take life for granted....

That kid has such a GREAT personality....truly infectious. I love seeing stuff like this. Makes you put things in perspective and not try to take life for granted....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This.

And yeah, that kid was so charismatic and articulate.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This.

And yeah, that kid was so charismatic and articulate.

i love when espn has these stories, when they actually take a break from Lebron watch and all the problems we have with sports. People really dont understand that alot of athletes do alot of great things but most of us will never know this. I remember when one of my favorite athletes of all time Derrick Thomas died and they ran this story about how he met this kid who was like 12 years old and a big Derrick Thomas fan. The kid had cancer i believe and Derrick would come and chill with him and he gave the kid one of his game worn jersey's and one day the kid died and the mom called Derrick and told him and Derrick started crying, the mom told him that they buried their son in the jersey Derrick gave him because thats what the kid wanted. See these great stories sometimes come and go and people will never talk about them again but when a player gets arrested or a go through a contract holdout, people seem to never forget those things. We all need to do things to make this world a better place and im glad that athletes take time to do these things. Im a DIE HARD Chiefs fan and hate the raiders as a fan but as a person after watching that video, i can easily say i have respect for the people who made that kid very very happy.

i love when espn has these stories, when they actually take a break from Lebron watch and all the problems we have with sports. People really dont understand that alot of athletes do alot of great things but most of us will never know this. I remember when one of my favorite athletes of all time Derrick Thomas died and they ran this story about how he met this kid who was like 12 years old and a big Derrick Thomas fan. The kid had cancer i believe and Derrick would come and chill with him and he gave the kid one of his game worn jersey's and one day the kid died and the mom called Derrick and told him and Derrick started crying, the mom told him that they buried their son in the jersey Derrick gave him because thats what the kid wanted. See these great stories sometimes come and go and people will never talk about them again but when a player gets arrested or a go through a contract holdout, people seem to never forget those things. We all need to do things to make this world a better place and im glad that athletes take time to do these things. Im a DIE HARD Chiefs fan and hate the raiders as a fan but as a person after watching that video, i can easily say i have respect for the people who made that kid very very happy.

i think i've teared up watching every one of these
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

laugh.gif

I did when they had the one with Shaq.
To think that someone like Shaq can take a break from all the things he had goin on in his personal life to cheer up a lil kid is incredible to me.

Originally Posted by onewearz

laugh.gif

I did when they had the one with Shaq.
To think that someone like Shaq can take a break from all the things he had goin on in his personal life to cheer up a lil kid is incredible to me.

Back
Top Bottom