N-word substitutions... reminder on the rules...

There is no substitute for the word people. If people would just grow on up and realize words only hurt weak minded people and children. You don't say Iaround children if you care about their lives. You should be able to say what ever you want to another adult, period. Also If you ain't black, you mightwant to look around before you open your mouth. Everybody ain't as cool as I am.

[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
Severalthieves[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]#103[/td] [td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://Severalthieves.niketalk.yuku.com]

05/09/08 10:48 AM
[/td] [td]
There is no substitute for the word people. If people would just grow on up and realize words only hurt weak minded people and children. You don't say I around children if you care about their lives. You should be able to say what ever you want to another adult, period. Also If you ain't black, you might want to look around before you open your mouth. Everybody ain't as cool as I am.
[/td] [/tr][/url][/table]

Dude signed up so he could spread the word. Right on though
http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/1935583/type/0

Originally Posted by Severalthieves

There is no substitute for the word people. If people would just grow on up and realize words only hurt weak minded people and children. You don't say I around children if you care about their lives. You should be able to say what ever you want to another adult, period. Also If you ain't black, you might want to look around before you open your mouth. Everybody ain't as cool as I am.

1. There are children on this board.

2. I expect that you'll never get into any arguments on this board, since you feel anyone has the right to say whatever they want to you and you'dhave to be "weak minded" to take offense.

3. When you signed up, you agreed to abide by our forum rules. If that's a problem for you, feel free to head back out the way you came.

Please tell me what rule I didn't abide by! Maybe you misunderstood. All I'm saying is childrens' minds are impressionable, not weak. They saywhat they hear. I didn't say anything to warrant you suggesting I take my thoughts elsewhere. If you still think I did, please explain to me what you thinkyou read.

what's up staff. I need some closure here! While I'm here, I guess I'm wondering why this is even a topic on this web site, especially if nothingcan be said without you guys saying you can't say that, or threatening to boot cats for saying what I said. If you don't true opinions(I speak from theheart) what are you looking for when bringing up such a topic. I am very confused.

Please tell me what rule I didn't abide by! Maybe you misunderstood.
I didn't say that you HAVE broken a rule, I expect that, based on your position, you'll never complain about anything that anyone elsesays to you on this forum, because they're only "words" and, according to you, have you to be weak minded to take offense to words.

NikeTalk was created because the existing sneaker forums in 1999 were filled with racism, hate speech, and insults from immature, anonymous forum trolls. Thisis the reason we have NikeTalk. So, we expect our members to treat one another with respect and the use ofracial slurs is considered disrespectful.

I guess I'm wondering why this is even a topic on this web site, especially if nothing can be said without you guys saying you can't say that, or threatening to boot cats for saying what I said. If you don't true opinions(I speak from the heart) what are you looking for when bringing up such a topic. I am very confused.
This topic exists to clarify our forum rules, because some people have been attempting to post abbreviations for racial slurs and that is NOTallowed here. People are entitled to their opinions, but the rule isn't subject to negotiation. As you can see, some people are interested inclarification and this post has been left open to facilitate that. We've taken the time to address people's questions and concerns in explaining thepolicy, so no one will accidentally violate the rules and find themselves banned.

If people absolutely cannot tolerate the policy, they're welcome to find another message board that better caters to their needs. We will not, however,suddenly reverse our stance to permit the use of racial slurs or any derivatives/variations thereof simply because a handful of people gripe about it.

Originally Posted by Method Man

2. I expect that you'll never get into any arguments on this board, since you feel anyone has the right to say whatever they want to you and you'd have to be "weak minded" to take offense.

3. When you signed up, you agreed to abide by our forum rules. If that's a problem for you, feel free to head back out the way you came.

eek.gif

glasses.gif

Please tell me what rule I didn't abide by! Maybe you misunderstood.
I didn't say that you HAVE broken a rule, I expect that, based on your position, you'll never complain about anything that anyone else says to you on this forum, because they're only "words" and, according to you, have you to be weak minded to take offense to words.

NikeTalk was created because the existing sneaker forums in 1999 were filled with racism, hate speech, and insults from immature, anonymous forum trolls. This is the reason we have NikeTalk. So, we expect our members to treat one another with respect and the use of racial slurs is considered disrespectful.

I guess I'm wondering why this is even a topic on this web site, especially if nothing can be said without you guys saying you can't say that, or threatening to boot cats for saying what I said. If you don't true opinions(I speak from the heart) what are you looking for when bringing up such a topic. I am very confused.
This topic exists to clarify our forum rules, because some people have been attempting to post abbreviations for racial slurs and that is NOT allowed here. People are entitled to their opinions, but the rule isn't subject to negotiation. As you can see, some people are interested in clarification and this post has been left open to facilitate that. We've taken the time to address people's questions and concerns in explaining the policy, so no one will accidentally violate the rules and find themselves banned.

If people absolutely cannot tolerate the policy, they're welcome to find another message board that better caters to their needs. We will not, however, suddenly reverse our stance to permit the use of racial slurs or any derivatives/variations thereof simply because a handful of people gripe about it.

eek.gif
Wow .. feels like 50 e-lives ago. What forums were those ? Theystill around ?

Im all for arguing ridiculous NT rules like no homework help, but really people, this? smh. are your fingers gonna fall off if you dont type it?

Originally Posted by CarmineJordan

2. I expect that you'll never get into any arguments on this board, since you feel anyone has the right to say whatever they want to you and you'd have to be "weak minded" to take offense.

eek.gif

glasses.gif

You're not going to become a mod
indifferent.gif

Can we keep the insults and extraneous garbage out of this post, please? It exists to serve a purpose and make the board a more respectful place. I don't see how comments like the above do anything to help.

Can we keep the insults and extraneous garbage out of this post, please? It exists to serve a purpose and make the board a more respectful place. I don't see how comments like the above do anything to help.

Sorry, Meth

I just can't stand when people try to hard to gain respect or something. It's a message board. Posting random troll threads that have pics that say"vote for Carmine" are just unnecessary. But never mind. I'll just keep quiet. NBD

I just can't stand when people try to hard to gain respect or something. It's a message board. Posting random troll threads that have pics that say "vote for Carmine" are just unnecessary. But never mind. I'll just keep quiet. NBD
Have a little faith in the staff. Have we ever brought in somebody who campaigned for it?

Plenty of people try too hard to gain respect by moving in the opposite direction, too. Take for example all the kids who jump on every single post with"smart" comments to try and insult others, or those who constantly try and flame in PYP threads etc. just to impress people. The door swings bothways. So rather than try to put other people in their place, I find the best strategy is just to handle yours the way you'd prefer to see other peopleconduct themselves. The sooner people learn that the best way to get respect is to SHOW respect to the community, the better off NikeTalk will be.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Im all for arguing ridiculous NT rules like no homework help, but really people, this? smh. are your fingers gonna fall off if you dont type it?

nerd.gif
I hope not, does this happen? Link?

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

istockphoto_2155428_carnival_mask_this_single_tear.jpg
laugh.gif

*Right Click*Save*

Is this a black person with a white mask? Or a white person, with black makeup and a white mask? Or is this a ninja clown?

Method Man wrote:

I just can't stand when people try to hard to gain respect or something. It's a message board. Posting random troll threads that have pics that say "vote for Carmine" are just unnecessary. But never mind. I'll just keep quiet. NBD
Have a little faith in the staff. Have we ever brought in somebody who campaigned for it?
I'll have to say yes, but leave it at that because it is irrelevant.

NikeTalk was created because the existing sneaker forums in 1999 were filled with racism, hate speech, and insults from immature, anonymous forum trolls. This is the reason we have NikeTalk. So, we expect our members to treat one another with respect and the use of racial slurs is considered disrespectful.
Completely forgot about that. And completely agree with why the rule is here.

I came in here to see if there was a way for people to be mature while using substitutions, abbreviations etc. sincemost substitutions, abbreviations etc are not used in disrespectful ways in the first place. I rarely use those things anyways...I just never thought it wassuch a poison to be that big of a deal when I read things such as "__" "N" etc.

Anyway, now that I remember why NT was created in the first place it puts the whole situation into perspective and makes alot more sense.

I give it 6 months before the term and any of it's substitutions become extinct. This is NT after all, we SET TRENDS.

Originally Posted by MrBoss2You

I give it 6 months before the term and any of it's substitutions become extinct because I live in an idealistic and NT-centric version of reality where people haven't been saying it 4 hundreds of years. This is NT after all, we SET MINDLESSLY FOLLOW TRENDS.

fixeded!
wink.gif

LOL. No one follows this rule. Isn't it apparent to the admins and mods? You can go into almost any given thread and find the same characters finding a wayto bypass it time and time again.

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

LOL. No one follows this rule. Isn't it apparent to the admins and mods? You can go into almost any given thread and find the same characters finding a way to bypass it time and time again.

...dry snitchin
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

LOL. No one follows this rule. Isn't it apparent to the admins and mods? You can go into almost any given thread and find the same characters finding a way to bypass it time and time again.

Then report the violations. What did you expect? We'd post this topic and suddenly, magically, every one of our thousands of members wouldautomatically change their behavior as a result? We issue quite a few warnings each day, but THOUSANDS of posts are added to the site and we don't seeevery single violation.
It's going to take time, but you can certainly help by using the report post feature.

"Dry snitchin", huh? I guess you're one of those types who tries to emulate the code of the streets into every aspect of your life, right?

First of all, grow up. Second of all, realize that expressing oneself in such a manner is only indicative of the things you lack (education, sense of worth,respect for others) rather than things you think you possess (street cred, e-cred and respect from others).

I don't find people's reasons for wanting to express themselves in such a way valid at all. It's disrespectful to have to be subject to that.I'd be embarrassed and ashamed to carry myself in such a way.

This rule should apply to other favorite keywords of certain NT'ers who feel it's perfectly ok to refer to others as "********","snowflake" or "*********" and the whole lot.

Back
Top Bottom