NASA looking for astronauts for 1 way trip to Mars

http://www.heraldsun.com....y-e6frf7lf-1225945124330

NASA is looking for volunteers to fly to Mars - the snag is that you won't come back.

It is actively investigating the possibility of humans colonising worlds such as the Red Planet.

The settlers would be sent supplies from Earth but would go on the understanding that it would be too costly to bring them home.

NASArevealed that it had already received more than $1 million to commencework on the project at its Ames Research Centre in California.
Centredirector Pete Worden, who claimed humans could be living on Mars by2030 despite the inhospitable conditions, said: "The human spaceprogram is now aimed at settling other worlds.

"Twenty years ago you had to whisper that in dark bars or get fired."

NT'ers, who would be down?

Me personally, I wouldn't do that just for a little section in the NASA history books.

http://www.heraldsun.com....y-e6frf7lf-1225945124330

NASA is looking for volunteers to fly to Mars - the snag is that you won't come back.

It is actively investigating the possibility of humans colonising worlds such as the Red Planet.

The settlers would be sent supplies from Earth but would go on the understanding that it would be too costly to bring them home.

NASArevealed that it had already received more than $1 million to commencework on the project at its Ames Research Centre in California.
Centredirector Pete Worden, who claimed humans could be living on Mars by2030 despite the inhospitable conditions, said: "The human spaceprogram is now aimed at settling other worlds.

"Twenty years ago you had to whisper that in dark bars or get fired."

NT'ers, who would be down?

Me personally, I wouldn't do that just for a little section in the NASA history books.

send Ninjahood so he can have a 1 acre sized room.

DA Heightz don't have that space for a room, Mars does.

send Ninjahood so he can have a 1 acre sized room.

DA Heightz don't have that space for a room, Mars does.

Damn... A potential chance to write your name in history...

I'd do it only if one day I was stripped of everything I have and have nothing to lose
laugh.gif

Damn... A potential chance to write your name in history...

I'd do it only if one day I was stripped of everything I have and have nothing to lose
laugh.gif

space is the one thing that scares me more than the ocean, one wrong calculation or something causing you to go off course and youre done, aint gonna be no rescue ship for a trip like that

space is the one thing that scares me more than the ocean, one wrong calculation or something causing you to go off course and youre done, aint gonna be no rescue ship for a trip like that

Originally Posted by MR RASKATRIPAS

Send a couple guys that have a life sentence. It'll save me a couple dollars in taxes
yup... rapist and child molesters too....

Originally Posted by MR RASKATRIPAS

Send a couple guys that have a life sentence. It'll save me a couple dollars in taxes
yup... rapist and child molesters too....

Plenty Twilight Zone eps like this. They never end well.

Being the pioneer of this is NOT a good look.

Back
Top Bottom