NBA All-Star Balloting Third Returns Announced

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Luis Scola has more votes than the likes of Chris Paul, Josh Smith, Caron Butler, Hedo Turkoglu, Baron Davis, Tyson Chandler, and Chris Kaman.

This is why fans should not pick the All-Star game and Pro Bowl.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

I've come to the analysis that Mark Cuban's rich!+++ has hired a team of people that vote for the Mavericks into the ASG, because Erick Dampier is still fourth.

Dampier was 3rd
smh.gif
, its about time Camby passed him

Originally Posted by rocketzballa23

Battier only 5th for West forwards
smh.gif

only? sry not too many battier fans out there

smhs im givin out

dwyane wade
yi(even tho i like him)
gilbert

give more votes to...
jj(hawks)

ray

caron

and lol at zaza havoin more votes than curry

I think im'a have to finally agree that the fan voting needs to stop. I feel that's maybe one of the reasons we only have a handful of"superstars"in the league, is because other guys aren't getting a chance to shine.

Tmac and Wade are my boys for sure, and still two of my favorite players but they definitely do NOT deserve to be in the game thus far, let alone starting.

Tracy Haagen Daaz McGrady is still up there, but A.I. making a late push.

C'mon America!

Hopefully, Chris Paul will get some love from the coaches. And how in the halibut is Shaq second? I mean, I know he is Shaq and all, but dayum.

Originally Posted by srvballer

The All Star Voting has become a joke.

Fans shouldn't be able to vote anymore...
I whole heartily agree. I wouldn't be upset if I lost the right to vote for the all-stars as long as they get the roster right.

I guess we really should have voted Antoine Walker to let David Stern know that there's something wrong with the system.

Any rumors/speculation on maybe who will be participating in the 3PT and Dunk Contest?
I hear Dwight Howard wants another go at it.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by eemmwhy

Any rumors/speculation on maybe who will be participating in the 3PT and Dunk Contest?
I hear Dwight Howard wants another go at it.
eek.gif
Do the participants in the Dunk Contest still have to be in their first 3 years in the league?

smh.gif
at people complaining about the system. Did you chumps just start watchingthe NBA this year? This has been happening for years. Kobe Bryant got voted in as a starter way back when he was just the 6th man for the Lakers. Whenpeople vote, they are going to vote for who they want to see, not on who deserves it. So the next time you act all surprised about (insert injuredplayer's name here) over (insert player having the best season of his career), just try to remember that even George W. Bush managed to get voted in aspresident TWICE.

Reason why I have a problem with the NBA all star voting system, and have for years;
Yi Jianlian (Mil) 291,447

Dude deserves a quarter of that.

laugh.gif
looks like Chris Bosh's commercial didnt help him much
laugh.gif

Reserve please
smile.gif

ill4eva said:
smh.gif
at people complaining about the system. Did you chumps just start watching the NBA this year? This has been happening for years.

No, we didn't start watching the NBA this year. Like you, we have been fans of the NBA and their players. We are just tired of this happening. It'stime for a change. Most people are going to vote for players they they've heard of. Not everybody is knowledgeable about the NBA. Casual fans also vote.Casual fans, for the most part, are going to vote for players they've heard of. That's why players like Gilbert Arenas, Tracy McGrady, and others aregetting so many votes. They are household names. We just want change because there is obviously something wrong with the system.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Reason why I have a problem with the NBA all star voting system, and have for years;
Yi Jianlian (Mil) 291,447

Dude deserves a quarter of that.

laugh.gif
looks like Chris Bosh's commercial didnt help him much
laugh.gif

Reserve please
smile.gif

you do know Yi isnt on the ballot, those are all write in. Thats pretty good for write in's.

Baron needs a commercial like Bosh. Maybe it won't be enough to send him to the All-Star Game, but it would be pretty damn entertaining. I would want tosee that.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

ill4eva said:
smh.gif
at people complaining about the system. Did you chumps just start watching the NBA this year? This has been happening for years.

No, we didn't start watching the NBA this year. Like you, we have been fans of the NBA and their players. We are just tired of this happening. It's time for a change. Most people are going to vote for players they they've heard of. Not everybody is knowledgeable about the NBA. Casual fans also vote. Casual fans, for the most part, are going to vote for players they've heard of. That's why players like Gilbert Arenas, Tracy McGrady, and others are getting so many votes. They are household names. We just want change because there is obviously something wrong with the system.

So only "knowledgeable fans" should be allowed to vote?
laugh.gif

Even if you were to stick a set of NBA skill-testing questions on each ballot, where you had to answer correctly to even make your vote count, that stillwouldn't stop "knowledgeable" fans from voting with bias.
For example, a "knowledgeable" fan from Miami may know his stuff, but would still vote for Dwyane Wade over Jason Kidd because he plays for the Heat.
A "knowledgeable" Chinese fan may vote Yi Jianlian in over KG, just because he wants his country represented on both conferences.
Do you honestly think that David Stern would yank voter privileges from the fans? Give it up. It's pointless to even complain about it, because it'snever, EVER, going to change.

Back
Top Bottom