NBA All-Star game conspiracy?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Memphis. 
laugh.gif

Playoffs.
laugh.gif
Dude, come on, your team last made it out of the first round when?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Whatthe #@%* does that have to do with anything? Jesus, you've been on NTfor years and are still resorting to the <WELL YOUR TEAM>responses?

I mean cities like Houston and LA got the ASG twice already and from what I've noticed. It seems like the NBA is purposely having the game in warmer climate cities. Coincidence? Nahhhh
[table][tr][td]Year[/td][td]Location[/td][td]Score[/td][td]MVP[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011[/td][td]Los Angeles[/td][td]West 148, East 143
Recap | Box score[/td][td]Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]Dallas[/td][td]East 141, West 139
Recap | Box score[/td][td]Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]Phoenix[/td][td]West 146, East 119
Recap | Box score[/td][td]Shaquille O'Neal, Phoenix Suns; Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]New Orleans[/td][td]East 134, West 128
Recap | Box score[/td][td]LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]Las Vegas[/td][td]West 153, East 132
Recap | Box score[/td][td]Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]Houston[/td][td]East 122, West 120
Recap | Box score[/td][td]LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers[/td][/tr][tr][td]2005[/td][td]Denver[/td][td]East 125, West 115
Recap | Box score[/td][td]Allen Iverson, Philadelphia[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td]Los Angeles[/td][td]West 136, East 132
Recap | Box score[/td][td]Shaquille O'Neal, L.A. Lakers[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003[/td][td]Atlanta[/td][td]West 155, East 145 (2OT)
Recap | Box score[/td][td]Kevin Garnett, Minnesota[/td][/tr][tr][td]2002[/td][td]Philadelphia[/td][td]West 135, East 120
Recap | Box score[/td][td]Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers[/td][/tr][tr][td]2001[/td][td]Washington[/td][td]East 111, West 110
Recap | Box score[/td][td]Allen Iverson, Philadelphia[/td][/tr][tr][td]2000[/td][td]Oakland[/td][td]West 137, East 126
Recap | Box score[/td][td]Tim Duncan, San Antonio; Shaquille O'Neal, L.A. Lakers[/td][/tr][/table]

Since 00' the ASG has only been in a colder climate city three times. What's up with that? I mean, I get that it's better for people to get around and they can be out to enjoy the festivities, but c'mon! Lets have an ASG isn cities like Toronto, Portland, Chicago and NY etc

The game is in February.. with all of the activities and events the whole weekend the league doesn't want cold weather to be a factor.

not a coincidence, its pretty much known they want it in a warmer place.

So, what? They used to have the All-Star game in colder cities like NY, Chicago, Cleveland, Utah and Minnesota. This is some BS man. When did the ASG become an excuses for people to party? I swear this #!#+ is starting to become like the Superbowl.
Originally Posted by JPZx

Who cares.

Edit: No you know what, shut up.
Yeah, same way no one cares about the Timberwolves
laugh.gif

A lot of cities like NYC, Chicago dont want the All-Star game. The NBA takes over the Arena and most of the profits, it makes no sense. Plus the All-Star weekend festivities have brought a lot of trouble these past couple years.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by JPZx

Who cares.

Edit: No you know what, shut up.
Yeah, same way no one cares about the Timberwolves
laugh.gif

So I'll just let Chester rehiterate my thoughts.

[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
University of Nike[/td][td]
[/td][td] #18781[/td][td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://university-of-nike.niketalk.yuku.com/]

Registered Member

02/24/12 8:51 PM
[/td][td]
Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Memphis. 
laugh.gif

Playoffs.
laugh.gif
Dude, come on, your team last made it out of the first round when?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Whatthe #@%* does that have to do with anything? Jesus, you've been on NTfor years and are still resorting to the <WELL YOUR TEAM>responses?

Oregon Ducks
Portland
Trail Blazers
San Francisco 49ers

[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Interact
[/td][td]
ReplyQuoteReport
[/td][/tr][/url][/table]../../forum/getrefs/id/12424672/type/0

Plus your city has to have enough hotel rooms, so OKC is never getting one as Stern has specifically addressed us twice on the topic. Silva said the NBA alone using about 11,000 a night plus you have the media and staff. Portland was the city the reporter was from who asked and was addressed Pacifically today.

laugh.gif
 at actually using the word "conspiracy." I entered the thread expecting to read something else. 
I thought it was common knowledge amongst NBA fans that this was their aim.

can you define conspiracy? no hate and not trying to clown you, but I really dont think you know what it means.

Originally Posted by dland24

LOL @ conspiracy.
Ol' boy thought he was onto something 
laugh.gif

Yea I think it's pretty obvious given the timing of the ASG that it's usually going to be in a warmer area.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Plus your city has to have enough hotel rooms, so OKC is never getting one as Stern has specifically addressed us twice on the topic. Silva said the NBA alone using about 11,000 a night plus you have the media and staff. Portland was the city the reporter was from who asked and was addressed Pacifically today.

Cleveland will get on before OKC.  Nobody wants to go to that city man
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

A lot of cities like NYC, Chicago dont want the All-Star game. The NBA takes over the Arena and most of the profits, it makes no sense. Plus the All-Star weekend festivities have brought a lot of trouble these past couple years.

True, Chicago just turned down the 2013 ASG for their weekend.

It's worthless to some owners; but I do believe we will be seeing them in colder climates in the future...I mean c'mon now, we're freaking indoors to be honest...and cities like NY, Cleveland, Philly had great weather this month - I'm sure we'll see it again.  

Its not a conspiracy its common sense. I think im getting too old for NT I really hate you dudes now.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

So, what? They used to have the All-Star game in colder cities like NY, Chicago, Cleveland, Utah and Minnesota. This is some BS man. When did the ASG become an excuses for people to party? I swear this #!#+ is starting to become like the Superbowl.
Its not about people partying. Its about the NBA maximizing its profits because better weather means more local fans, celebrities, and out of state fans who fly in for the game. I live in downtown LA and last year the pouring rain we had during all star weekend put a damper on the entire weekend. If you live in a city that has weather that rival's Siberia and Antarctica in terms of snow fall no one wants to go there for all star weekend.  

^ False. Lil Wayne wears Snowboarding boots to Miami Heat games. I'm sure these celebrities have clothing sufficient enough to endure a freezing Chicago night and still look glamerous doing it..

It's no conspiracy it's pretty obvious but they could of chose so many other cities like Miami, San Antonio, Charlotte, and even Sacramento...it was JUST in Houston

Plus I also feel like it shouldn't even matter were its at most of the activities are indoors when it was in DC
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

^ False. Lil Wayne wears Snowboarding boots to Miami Heat games. I'm sure these celebrities have clothing sufficient enough to endure a freezing Chicago night and still look glamerous doing it..

The average local fan and out of state fans don't have money like Lil Wayne. That boots line is
laugh.gif
though.

You're making us conspiracy theorists look bad man. This is something I agree with as I think the Super Bowl in New York idea is dumb.

Back
Top Bottom