NBA Legacy Thread, Update Resumes

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by PMatic

Dwyane Wade's legacy interests me a lot.

Great all around talent, NBA champion, Olympian and convinced LeBron to come to Miami among other things. In 11 Finals games, he's averaging 33 PPG and 8 RPG. Currently at the peak of his prime, with maybe another year or two left.

Kind of underrated in a sense.

You're one of the most fair guys I know, Xtap made a comment the other day that Wade is better than Kobe ever was.  And that Wade's resume when all said and done will dwarf Kobe and Wade will take on the spot of second best SG of all time.  Do you see that?

Does anyone else agree?  

Winning a championship is an incredibly difficult task so it's hard to just say Wade 29 with a history of injuries is going to just win 4 more chips but it's possible. I already think Wade is better than Kobe ever was.

I think he will be better than Kobe when its all said and done, but being that Kobe is Kobe a lot of people will disagree. He will definitely be able to compete with Kobe's resume when its all said and done.

At times, I wish he would've left Marquette earlier to see him in the NBA a few extra years. Who knows where he would be right now. He came into the league and helped carry that Miami team to the 2nd round and was 2 games away from beating a 60 win Indiana team. Miami has been in the playoffs 7 out of 8 seasons and continued to get players to come to Miami (the Shaq trade, GP, Lebron/Bosh). They probably would've made the playoffs all 8 years if he didn't get hurt for almost half the season in 07-08. I can go on and on about it, but I'm sure there will be more posts discussing this and I can respond.

I was just talking about Tmac and where he would rank amongst the great players in the league today if he stayed healthy. You want to talk about one of the most unstoppable players in the league? Great first step, great lift on his jumpshot, the crossover, great athleticism, ball fakes, hesitation moves, loved to go left, etc. He was skinnier than KD and looked way more dominant against opponents. Many may not agree with me on here, but I think he would be where Dirk is right now in terms of rating him top 4-5 at his position. You want to talk about playing with some bums? Tmac's best player during those years in Orlando was @**+$$# Mike Miller.
laugh.gif
 Grant Hill spent more time in rehab than on the court as well. It just sucks that things ended so earlier for him. You look at guys like Melo, Durant (some of the better offensive players in the game) and I don't see them matching up to Tmac. But, Tmac's efficiency definitely hurt him. At times, he knew things were so easy for him that he got lazy and would settle for wayyy too many jumpers.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Great all around talent, NBA champion, Olympian and convinced LeBron to come to Miami among other things. In 11 Finals games, he's averaging 33 PPG and 8 RPG. Currently at the peak of his prime, with maybe another year or two left.

You're one of the most fair guys I know, Xtap made a comment the other day that Wade is better than Kobe ever was.  And that Wade's resume when all said and done will dwarf Kobe and Wade will take on the spot of second best SG of all time.  Do you see that?

Does anyone else agree?  

Winning a championship is an incredibly difficult task so it's hard to just say Wade 29 with a history of injuries is going to just win 4 more chips but it's possible. I already think Wade is better than Kobe ever was.

I think he will be better than Kobe when its all said and done, but being that Kobe is Kobe a lot of people will disagree. He will definitely be able to compete with Kobe's resume when its all said and done.

At times, I wish he would've left Marquette earlier to see him in the NBA a few extra years. Who knows where he would be right now. He came into the league and helped carry that Miami team to the 2nd round and was 2 games away from beating a 60 win Indiana team. Miami has been in the playoffs 7 out of 8 seasons and continued to get players to come to Miami (the Shaq trade, GP, Lebron/Bosh). They probably would've made the playoffs all 8 years if he didn't get hurt for almost half the season in 07-08. I can go on and on about it, but I'm sure there will be more posts discussing this and I can respond.

I was just talking about Tmac and where he would rank amongst the great players in the league today if he stayed healthy. You want to talk about one of the most unstoppable players in the league? Great first step, great lift on his jumpshot, the crossover, great athleticism, ball fakes, hesitation moves, loved to go left, etc. He was skinnier than KD and looked way more dominant against opponents. Many may not agree with me on here, but I think he would be where Dirk is right now in terms of rating him top 4-5 at his position. You want to talk about playing with some bums? Tmac's best player during those years in Orlando was @**+$$# Mike Miller.
laugh.gif
 Grant Hill spent more time in rehab than on the court as well. It just sucks that things ended so earlier for him. You look at guys like Melo, Durant (some of the better offensive players in the game) and I don't see them matching up to Tmac. But, Tmac's efficiency definitely hurt him. At times, he knew things were so easy for him that he got lazy and would settle for wayyy too many jumpers.

He will definitely be able to compete with Kobe's resume when its all said and done.

how tho? dude is abot to be 30 and plays and style that always has him banged up. do you guys really think he can change his style of play up when he loses a few steps and cant out jump everyone? i dont see him catching kobe stats wise. and rings i dont see the heat running off 3-4 straight for him to catch kobes 5.

Malone was equally as incapable in the 4th quarter as any PF named in this thread.

QFT

CP, for sure. Webber is probably the biggest PF fugazi of this decade.

I will gladly take Sheed's career over his.

roll.gif

ya right.

Webber averaged 20.7 points, 9.8 rebounds, and 4.2 assists for his career (one of only six players to do so).

for all of his 4th QTR choke jobs in the playoffs you will never look at webbers career and say "WHAT IF" like you will with sheeds(and dont act like sheed didnt have his 4th QTR choke jobs) . there was a 4 year stretch in webbers career where you can make a legit case for him and TD been 1A and 1B as best PF in the NBA. webber could score and rebound better then sheed all day every day.

They proved it for me. Garnett with a team around him was able to go deep into playoffs. McGrady with one of the most dominant Centers of this era still couldn't get out of the first round.

and who was that?

VC gets in the HOF? nawwwww i dont see it.

He will definitely be able to compete with Kobe's resume when its all said and done.

how tho? dude is abot to be 30 and plays and style that always has him banged up. do you guys really think he can change his style of play up when he loses a few steps and cant out jump everyone? i dont see him catching kobe stats wise. and rings i dont see the heat running off 3-4 straight for him to catch kobes 5.

Malone was equally as incapable in the 4th quarter as any PF named in this thread.

QFT

CP, for sure. Webber is probably the biggest PF fugazi of this decade.

I will gladly take Sheed's career over his.

roll.gif

ya right.

Webber averaged 20.7 points, 9.8 rebounds, and 4.2 assists for his career (one of only six players to do so).

for all of his 4th QTR choke jobs in the playoffs you will never look at webbers career and say "WHAT IF" like you will with sheeds(and dont act like sheed didnt have his 4th QTR choke jobs) . there was a 4 year stretch in webbers career where you can make a legit case for him and TD been 1A and 1B as best PF in the NBA. webber could score and rebound better then sheed all day every day.

They proved it for me. Garnett with a team around him was able to go deep into playoffs. McGrady with one of the most dominant Centers of this era still couldn't get out of the first round.

and who was that?

VC gets in the HOF? nawwwww i dont see it.

Wade vs Kobe as good as Wade is i simply just dont see that happening.

Especially considering Wade has teamed up with Lebron meaning his stats will take a hit..... and just as Kobe CONSTANTLY caught flack for teaming up with shaq for those first three any Chips after the "Big 3" was established will be treated the same way especially the way the media Promotes Lebron as the "leader" of the squad. simply put i dont think Wade will have done enough on any level to surpass Kobe all time, but he still has years of long playoff runs left in him

Especially considering Wade has teamed up with Lebron meaning his stats will take a hit..... and just as Kobe CONSTANTLY caught flack for teaming up with shaq for those first three any Chips after the "Big 3" was established will be treated the same way especially the way the media Promotes Lebron as the "leader" of the squad. simply put i dont think Wade will have done enough on any level to surpass Kobe all time, but he still has years of long playoff runs left in him

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

and who was that?
   I'll take back the word dominant, but in this particular era, when it comes to Centers who could effectively score the ball, it was pretty much just Shaq, an up and coming Dwight, and Yao.

and who was that?
   I'll take back the word dominant, but in this particular era, when it comes to Centers who could effectively score the ball, it was pretty much just Shaq, an up and coming Dwight, and Yao.

Kind of a weird Shaq-like playoff legacy though, so far: extreme highs and lows. Three first round exits, including the first round sweep the year after they won the title (to a Bulls team that wasn't much better than them). But now two Finals appearances (one win) and an ECF appearance.

Kind of a weird Shaq-like playoff legacy though, so far: extreme highs and lows. Three first round exits, including the first round sweep the year after they won the title (to a Bulls team that wasn't much better than them). But now two Finals appearances (one win) and an ECF appearance.

Originally Posted by tyisny

i agree 100%

Originally Posted by tyisny

i agree 100%

What keeps me from being able to say Wade is as good as prime-Kobe is that he would've really struggled in the 80's or 90's NBA. The game is so soft now and players like he and Paul Pierce are the posterboys for players who use the superstar friendly rules to their benefit and shoot 10 FT's a night.

Free Throw Attempts
2004-05 NBA 762 (4)
2005-06 NBA 803 (5)
2008-09 NBA 771 (2)
2009-10 NBA 702 (4)
2010-11 NBA 652 (6)
top 5 in the league perennially. You could easily make the argument and say that he's utilizing the system that's in place...but as a basketball fan, I can't stand watching him go to the rack and purposely seek out the foul. The amount of acting/flopping/whining in the NBA can make it flat-out unwatchable at times, and he is without a doubt the posterboy. His style of play is seriously detrimental to the game of basketball. That, to me, is his legacy as of now.

What keeps me from being able to say Wade is as good as prime-Kobe is that he would've really struggled in the 80's or 90's NBA. The game is so soft now and players like he and Paul Pierce are the posterboys for players who use the superstar friendly rules to their benefit and shoot 10 FT's a night.

Free Throw Attempts
2004-05 NBA 762 (4)
2005-06 NBA 803 (5)
2008-09 NBA 771 (2)
2009-10 NBA 702 (4)
2010-11 NBA 652 (6)
top 5 in the league perennially. You could easily make the argument and say that he's utilizing the system that's in place...but as a basketball fan, I can't stand watching him go to the rack and purposely seek out the foul. The amount of acting/flopping/whining in the NBA can make it flat-out unwatchable at times, and he is without a doubt the posterboy. His style of play is seriously detrimental to the game of basketball. That, to me, is his legacy as of now.

Does anyone else agree?  

Talent wise, you can make a case for either player. Both were athletic guards when they started that evolved into polished, all around talents. However, when you take into account accomplishments (individual and team wise) Kobe is/will likely finish above Wade.

Does anyone else agree?  

Talent wise, you can make a case for either player. Both were athletic guards when they started that evolved into polished, all around talents. However, when you take into account accomplishments (individual and team wise) Kobe is/will likely finish above Wade.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

and who was that?

Yea i just saw a poll that listed the top 10 centers of the past generation and nazr muhammad, oberto, and matt bonner made the list. So with competition like that of course yao looked dominate. I dont care, esp considering demographic wise on here but yao was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated.

Dude was this generations poor mans version of a sabonis. He almost 10 years younger then shaq got ousted on every meeting they had. I mean if a guy cant compete with an aging center, i seriously doubt he would be effective at the time when big men were prominant.

I mean look at the mid late 90's. A shaq almost reaching his prime still had troubles against the aging akeems, ewings, admirals. Plus add to the fact, yao was weak,extremely slow, i could go on.... but back to the topic. Tmac at a time was right up there with kobe as one of the best players in the league. His problem is he was very complacent, and seemed lik he didnt have the desire to be better. Like he just said well damn im an all star im pretty good... works for me. That added with constant injuries and being on lackluster teams also didnt help his career.

But all in all id put tmac in the discussion of one of the better sg/sf of this generation if going off pure skillset and talent.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

and who was that?

Yea i just saw a poll that listed the top 10 centers of the past generation and nazr muhammad, oberto, and matt bonner made the list. So with competition like that of course yao looked dominate. I dont care, esp considering demographic wise on here but yao was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated.

Dude was this generations poor mans version of a sabonis. He almost 10 years younger then shaq got ousted on every meeting they had. I mean if a guy cant compete with an aging center, i seriously doubt he would be effective at the time when big men were prominant.

I mean look at the mid late 90's. A shaq almost reaching his prime still had troubles against the aging akeems, ewings, admirals. Plus add to the fact, yao was weak,extremely slow, i could go on.... but back to the topic. Tmac at a time was right up there with kobe as one of the best players in the league. His problem is he was very complacent, and seemed lik he didnt have the desire to be better. Like he just said well damn im an all star im pretty good... works for me. That added with constant injuries and being on lackluster teams also didnt help his career.

But all in all id put tmac in the discussion of one of the better sg/sf of this generation if going off pure skillset and talent.

I would list KG over Dirk. Many people remember an old KG with the Celtics that wasn't the same player as he was in Minny. Dirk will have the better success when it is all said and done but prime KG > Dirk at any point in his career.

KG is far superior in every aspect of the game except for scoring and he can still give you 20-30 pts in his prime. He had a huge defensive impact on the game, changing shots, steals, etc, he was the main reason the Celtics defense was so good.

People are caught up in Dirk's Finals performances, remember, there are still 2 games left in the Finals.

I would list KG over Dirk. Many people remember an old KG with the Celtics that wasn't the same player as he was in Minny. Dirk will have the better success when it is all said and done but prime KG > Dirk at any point in his career.

KG is far superior in every aspect of the game except for scoring and he can still give you 20-30 pts in his prime. He had a huge defensive impact on the game, changing shots, steals, etc, he was the main reason the Celtics defense was so good.

People are caught up in Dirk's Finals performances, remember, there are still 2 games left in the Finals.

As far as im concerned this title run either makes or breaks Dirks Legacy. Either he beats the superfriends and becomes one of the few Superstars to win without a legit # 2 or he loses a 3-2 lead in the finals and lets a championship slip away again. If he's as clutch as we been claiming then there is no way He squanders this opportunity to finally win one. ALL the pressure is now on him.

As far as im concerned this title run either makes or breaks Dirks Legacy. Either he beats the superfriends and becomes one of the few Superstars to win without a legit # 2 or he loses a 3-2 lead in the finals and lets a championship slip away again. If he's as clutch as we been claiming then there is no way He squanders this opportunity to finally win one. ALL the pressure is now on him.

I thought there wasn't gonna be any talk of Dirk/Lebron/Wade until after the finals?

Back
Top Bottom