NBA Live 2013 Official Thread (I Think EA Can Do It)

Bruh, was that the Wii version? 
sick.gif

On someone's else's channel. They can't stop the video from spreading.

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

That can't be real. I would be be ashamed to put a game out that looks like that.

all i saw was this lol looks horrible

thing is, 2k is also crappy.

2k makes strides to get better, you sounding like an EA sports stan :smh:

Last edited:
Welp, it's a wrap for the Live franchise and EA Basketball in general.
What on Earth were they doing after NBA Elite 11? :smh:

I would actually play that right now. Fix graphics, improve player model, correct player movements, smoother gameplay and it could be fun again like Live 10. At least players don't make every single shot.

Last edited:
I would actually play that right now. Fix graphics, improve player model, correct player movements, smoother gameplay and it could be fun again like Live 10. At least players don't make every single shot.
you are basically asking for a brand new game from what we just saw 
laugh.gif

Damn, it wasn't THAT bad.

It was pre-alpha footage, anybody who has done and type of programming knows that pre-alpha footage is complete ****. I remember seeing pre-alpha footage of 2k games thinking how horrible it was, but it's pre-alpha, its suppose to be horrible. It's just to see / test how in-game models and physic work / run in early coding stages. Some of yall expecting a retail product type quality :smh:

It's not just the visuals that look terrible. It's the player movement, physics, etc. You can't completely judge a game engine without playing it but the video makes it look bad.

i wanted live to be successful year more than most, but that looks unbearable. looks like another year without a ball game for me...

Damn, it wasn't THAT bad.
It was pre-alpha footage, anybody who has done and type of programming knows that pre-alpha footage is complete ****. I remember seeing pre-alpha footage of 2k games thinking how horrible it was, but it's pre-alpha, its suppose to be horrible. It's just to see / test how in-game models and physic work / run in early coding stages. Some of yall expecting a retail product type quality
mean.gif
You can't believe what EA says when they've been afraid to show any footage. According to someone at OS who was at E3 and saw the original build, this is a recent version. They included all teams and integrated 'Leave Game' which wasn't in the previous build. If anyone here that is also a member at OS remembers the Elite fiasco and how EA went hard with the damage control.

Last edited:
Still don't get how and went from NBA Live 10 to this

It's mind-boggling.

Live 10 was EXCELLENT. At least revert back to that build and make a few adjustments...

People aren't going to give EA a fair shake even when the game is good. So they start from scratch every year and it seems like the game keeps regressing.

This one though. This one right here is TERRIBLE. Live hasn't done well for this current generation of consoles. I don't think they'll ever be able to shake the stigma off going into the next generation of consoles either. IF they happen to make a good game in the future, I won't be taken over by brand loyalty, so I'll get it, mostly because I've been playing Live since the original PlayStation. Right now 2K is easily the better product though.

In a general sense, Live feels like it's a bunch of CG stiffs rather than a realistic representation of real-life basketball. They way they shoot, turn, dribble, and generally move around the court completely destroys the game's experience.

You can argue that a great gameplay engine can make up for those faults (Live 10), but just by looking at the videos the engine doesn't seem to be there so no need to bring up that argument.

Back
Top Bottom