NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Pack your bags Q
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Bad news for the Raptors...
[h1]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y....8vLYF?slug=ap-raptors-bosh&prov=ap&type=lgns[/h1]
[h1]Raptors F Bosh expected to miss start of camp[/h1]

TORONTO (AP)-Raptors forward Chris Bosh is expected to miss the start of training camp because of a strained left hamstring.

The team made the announcement on Friday.

The four-time All-Star first felt soreness during a training session at home in Dallas last week. The pain returned during a workout in Toronto on Wednesday.

The Raptors are scheduled to open their five-day training camp Tuesday in Ottawa. They begin exhibition play Oct. 6 against the Philadelphia 76ers.

Bosh averaged a career-high 22.7 points and 10.0 rebounds last year. The six-year veteran will be a free agent at the end of the season.

He will be reevaluated when the team returns to Toronto after the camp.

It's not serious, he will be there on opening night.

Somebody needs to make a raptors season thread...

From Dime...

As if you needed another reason to laugh at Sasha Vujacic: He was ordered to cut his hair by Phil Jackson before showing up to Lakers camp. Sasha did as he was told, and somehow it's supposed to have something to do with him playing better this year. "Sasha played with his hair last year more than he played on the court," Jackson said, once again taking the early lead in the Coldest Public Insult By An NBA Coach contest
Just the other day we gave Phil Jackson pole position in the Coldest Public Insult By An NBA Coach contest when he took a dig at Sasha Vujacic and his hair. But then Larry Brown took the lead yesterday. Here's LB talking about going to France this summer to watch Alexis Ajinca tryout for the national team: "He showed no interest in making their team or playing hard. I was going to drink the wine and eat the food and enjoy myself. After watching him, nothing tastes good." Damn

Miller already annoyed in Portland?

By now, most Blazers fans know this team isn't filled with malcontents, loud mouths or cancers. But there are some guys with an edge.

Bayless can be feisty about not playing, which usually makes his steely stare even more piercing. But his ire never comes across in a distracting or malicious manner.

And Miller on Monday didn't exactly come across as a contented player - and that was well before he was bombarded in 72 different ways about McMillan naming Steve Blake as the starting point guard on Day 1 of camp. Turns out, Miller wasn't just frosty with the media, but Blazers employees as well.

He was none too happy about having to take a physical for the second time since his July signing, and rather irritated about some of the stops players have to make during their media-day tour. He had done much of these promotional spots in July, he figured. So a day that started for most players at 2 p.m. started at 10 a.m. for Miller and extended well past 3 p.m.

Still, for how transparent his displeasure was Monday _ which on this team makes him stick out - Miller said all the right things. He said Blake being the starter meant nothing on Day 1 of camp. And really, he said, all he wants to do is play.

I'm dismissing Monday as Miller having a bad day. As an accomplished veteran, he should be afforded some respect in regards to some of the tasks for which he had to wait around. And I can understand what appears to be a lukewarm (at best) opinion of the media. A lot of guys just don't like dealing with reporters/bloggers/etc.

But he is in for a long October if he is already edgy about questions regarding the point guard situation.

This is not merely one of the biggest storylines of the preseason, it's one of the biggest factors of the entire season.

Does Miller's presence, and need to have the ball, take away from Brandon Roy's strengths? Who is better suited for which lineup? And who finishes the games?

These are all major questions, and ones that need time to be answered.

But Roy was a surprisingly adamant supporter of Blake on Monday, in a manner that wasn't meant any disrespect toward Miller.

Roy said that during pickup games this summer there were times when he and Miller both waited for the inbound to be made to them, until Roy finally realized Miller is the point guard and needs to take the ball. And he said if he and Miller were to be paired right now, they would not look good.

And Miller said he and Roy, understandably, have no chemistry whatsoever.

Which makes one understand why McMillan is appointing Blake atop the point guard depth chart for this morning's 10 a.m. practice.

"We are going to have to work on it,'' Roy said of the cohesion between he and Miller. "If we played tomorrow it would look like it wouldn't work, but I think that's the good thing about preseason, we have a full month.''

Then he became direct, hitting the side of his hand into his palm.

"And we still have Blake,'' Roy said. "Right now, I am extremely comfortable playing with Steve Blake. I know what he wants, I know he knows where to get me (the ball), and I think that's why coach says he is going to start Blake, until we can build a chemistry. But I always go back to this: I am comfortable playing with Steve Blake.''

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Pack your bags Q
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Bad news for the Raptors...
[h1]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y....8vLYF?slug=ap-raptors-bosh&prov=ap&type=lgns[/h1]
[h1]Raptors F Bosh expected to miss start of camp[/h1]

TORONTO (AP)-Raptors forward Chris Bosh is expected to miss the start of training camp because of a strained left hamstring.

The team made the announcement on Friday.

The four-time All-Star first felt soreness during a training session at home in Dallas last week. The pain returned during a workout in Toronto on Wednesday.

The Raptors are scheduled to open their five-day training camp Tuesday in Ottawa. They begin exhibition play Oct. 6 against the Philadelphia 76ers.

Bosh averaged a career-high 22.7 points and 10.0 rebounds last year. The six-year veteran will be a free agent at the end of the season.

He will be reevaluated when the team returns to Toronto after the camp.
It's not serious, he will be there on opening night.

Somebody needs to make a raptors season thread...

That injury is definitely not gonna affect Bosh.

From NBA.com/Raptors

"I've been working so hard," Bosh said. "I am ready to test everything out. I think the extra weight (15 pounds, easy) will affect my aggression level, my defense, everything."

Despite Bosh's tweaked hamstring, the Raptors look more like the guy who kicks the sand than the guy who gets it stuck between his teeth

"I won't get thrown around down low," Bosh said.

"That was something I felt was lacking in my game: strength."
He'll be ready opening night
14a36bf645f679b980c65189d53657c6ed31c715.gif

Back
Top Bottom