NBA Pre-Draft Measurements and Combine Results

I just saw Mareese Speights down by the Verizon Center...must be working out. If he fell that low he'd be a perfect pickup for them

Anyone who believes that Beasley is going to average 20,10 in his first year is nuts. Al Horford only barley averaged 10 rebounds per game and his game is farless perimeter oriented.

While I could see the Jamison comparisons, I see Beasley as a shorter, more explosive version of Lamar Odom. Anybody else see this?

Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

While I could see the Jamison comparisons, I see Beasley as a shorter, more explosive version of Lamar Odom. Anybody else see this?
naw he cant handle the ball or has the outside quickness that odom does. odom can run up the 3 postions on a court.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Anyone who believes that Beasley is going to average 20,10 in his first year is nuts. Al Horford only barley averaged 10 rebounds per game and his game is far less perimeter oriented.

Truth. Beasley gets boards, but he gets them the way Zach Randolph gets them. They fall to him because he's around the basket. Beasley doesn't goand GET BOARDS.

I see Beasley as an 18/8 NBA forward. He's got a nice game, but he loafs on defense bigtime, he's not that tall so a big defender should have notrouble denying him the ball, and his positioning to get the ball is rather suspect.

He could get 20/10 the way Elton Brand was getting that for the Chicago Bulls, by having NOBODY else on the team to get points or boards. I don't thinkthe Heat have any real interest in Beasley at all. They will either take Mayo #2 or trade the pick.

Beasley is going to be either BOOM or BUST because of the hype around him....but i'm a optimist and i think his skill set is awesome...

I know one thing tho, Give him a couple months and he'll be the BEST interviewee in the L by far. Dude is a clown

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

naw he cant handle the ball or has the outside quickness that odom does. odom can run up the 3 postions on a court.

Yep. Odom is basically a 6'11" point guard, but because he's tall and has strength he plays point forward interchanged between the 3 and 4. Idon't know any other player in NBA history like Odom. Toni Kukoc is the closest player I know.

i'm excited to see/hear how a Joe Alexander vs. Chase Budinger workout matchup turns out...
also Augustin vs. Westbrook workout
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

i'm excited to see/hear how a Joe Alexander vs. Chase Budinger workout matchup turns out

why? Chase is a certified Bum with no heart and a soft mentality

So was Joe Alexander up until this point. It just took that boozebag Huggy Bear to light a fire underneath him. See if he can keep that up without JackDaniels yelling at him on a daily basis.

PHYSICALLY...THEY MATCH UP WELL
heart is obviously the key....dude played volleyball in high school how much heart/cajones could he gain from that!!

So was Joe Alexander up until this point. It just took that boozebag Huggy Bear to light a fire underneath him.
And you can still get under his skin....he is so mentally soft. If I'm playing him I'd give him a shot right in the chest, firstpossession.

I wish I could find the vid of Pat punking him and Belien puttin his hands on Pat, NOT Joe
laugh.gif

Then Singler gives him a tittie twister and he just stands there
laugh.gif

Dove might be the best defender, but the rest of his game is absolutely terrible.

Beasley and Z Bo with rebounding.....Z Bo still gets 10 + a game...why can't Beasley? They both have a nose for the ball....and position themselves well.

And man, I pushed Rose for #1 since mid season, but a lota knocks on Beasley...

Who thought he was any taller than 6'9 MAX, to begin with? Now he's 6'8...no big deal.

Watching the kid this year....he's gona be pretty damn good....I don't know what other conclusion can be drawn.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

wait Darrell Arthur only weighed 216 pounds? GOOD LORD

laugh.gif
Darrell is THIN, dude... Look at the guy. 216 even seems a bitheavy...

Back
Top Bottom