NBC is telling guests on Tonight show that they can only deal with Fallon...or else...

That's corny. And it's double corny considering all their shows are in NY.

Kimmel and Craig exists and they're in LA, where half of those guests work/live.

And considering Kimmel is already friends with the most famous people...

This is why you can't give NBC anything, cuz they always do too much. :smh:

Last edited:
Always wonder who watches these shows...
Came in here to say this. They seem so pointless.
Always wonder who watches these shows...

It's not really our demographic, "Viewer Age Rises With Leno Return .... While Mr. Leno now has a median age of 56, with Mr. Letterman at 54, “Nightline” at 55, Mr. Ferguson and Mr. Kimmel both at 52, "
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/12/business/media/12late.html?_r=0

That's corny. And it's double corny considering all their shows are in NY.

Kimmel and Craig exists and they're in LA, where half of those guests work/live.

And considering Kimmel is already friends with the most famous people...

This is why you can't give NBC anything, cuz they always do too much. :smh:
I like the Today show cuz I like NBC morning news...its just a habit to stat on NBC. I like the way NBC does sports too but Jimmy Fallon...nah
Kimmel is wack too.

Conan & Ferg > Fallon & Kimmel

Last edited:
Older people watched Letterman, Leno, and Kimmel.

Conan struggled at first because he was trying to appeal to that same age-bracket that loved Leno while keeping his younger fanbase.. and NBC didn't give him enough time. He wouldn't have won them over, but if they gave him a chance it would have improved. Fallon has a better shot because he isn't as nerdy or self-deprecating as Conan, which would turn off an older crowd.

Then you have the younger crowd who watches Stewart/Colbert. And they'll give you great comedy but with real-world relevance and the feeling that you're being educated at the same time. And no one can compete with that.

Conan will always be a sad case because he truly loved The Tonight Show and wanted it badly... it was his dream. So he had his chance only for it to be short-lived and taken away. He's doing okay now, he's got his own show, a lot of power at TBS to do his own thing with other shows too.. but it's not The Tonight Show.

liked leno, didn't like conan, like kimmel and fallon. fallon has a new feel to late night w/ their skits/games, etc. + they have good music w/ the roots backing them up. just voicing my opinions.

When Fallon started doing Late Night, he was even worst than Carson Daly in Last Call. The Roots were carrying Late Night in the first couple of years. Perhaps the writing, jokes, and Fallon himself improved immensely as a talk show host. By last season, Fallon was really polished as a host. For me at the moment though,Kimmel > Fallon but not by much. Everybody knows Conan is awesome. CBS needs to get rid of Letterman and pirate Conan. And Ferguson..... well, he just does not captivate the audience as good. He will be a second tier in late night tv forever.

I find none of these late night shows entertaining.
I feel like there are more skits now than before instead of just genuine personality.

but I also feel like we have so much quick access to the stars and stories of the day

so you don't need to tune in every night to get funny reactions to todays news it just isn't as entertaining to me

I will always watch Kristen Bell on Ferguson though

Last edited:
Like A-List stars are going to stop promoting their projects on multiple platforms because NBC doesn't want them too :lol:

3635381-sarcastic+laugh.gif

I watch Fallon a lot. I think he's a funny dude but I agree The Roots help him out a lot!

Fallon is more likable then funny. The Roots and the games he plays with celebs are the best parts of his show. He's the best though it when it comes to using modern technology and social networking when it comes to interacting with fans, very smart with that.

I remember reading before that NBC used to only allow guests on The Tonight Show if they did it first before other late night shows. I guess these idiots are taking it even a step farther now.

Top 20 in order of greatness:

Carson > Letterman > O'Brien > Allen > Kimmel > Leno > Colbert > Paar > Hall > Snyder > Kilborn > Brenner > Rivers > Thicke > Stewart > Sajak > Johnson > Chase > Dees > Fallon

Top 20 in order of greatness:

Carson > Letterman > O'Brien > Allen > Kimmel > Leno > Colbert > Paar > Hall > Snyder > Kilborn > Brenner > Rivers > Thicke > Stewart > Sajak > Johnson > Chase > Dees > Fallon
I literally forgot about Johnny Carson and thought you were talking about Carson Daly :lol:

The fact that you dare rank Kilborn but not Ferguson makes your top 20 basura.

You're Right!
edited & fixed, thank you

Top 22 in order of greatness:

Carson > Letterman > O'Brien > Allen > Kimmel > Leno > Colbert > Paar > Hall > Snyder > Kilborn > Brenner > Rivers > Ferguson > Thicke > Stewart > Sajak > Johnson > Chase > Dees > Fallon > Daly

And for those unfamiliar with Tom Snyder:

one of best late night interviews ever!
fallon still hasn't grown the balls to be able to pull something like this off!

Back
Top Bottom