NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

Originally Posted by cartune

they falling off.
After 3 episodes? Hardly. The Office fell off... and fell off badly and it was obvious.
Wasn't blown away initially by tonight's episode, another Chang story, this one without Britta or another character, and when I read it was going to be a Chang noir style I was very excited, but it wasn't quite film noir-y enough for me... I expected much more music, heavy dark shadows, etc. It had some good moments, but I wish they had a real noir story rather than Chang just being crazy. The focus on Chang this season seems too forced, I think they wanted to get it from "how do we get Chang into this world believably" and when they settled on the security guard, they made that happen over the initial episodes so hopefully it gets dialed back a bit. If Chang has his own B/C-Story every episode I'll be pretty disappointed.

The A-story also seemed repetitive at first, another "the group isn't getting along and are fighting again"... and while that will probably always be a basic story the show deals with, it felt very familiar at first. It didn't feel that way at the end, however, and by pointing out that they're all kind of bad people at times and can be really mean.. it made it less about "the group is fighting" and more "this group of jerks kind of sucks, but there's still love between them"

Am I the only one who absolutely hates Shirley? I cringe whenever she speaks because of her voice, I get tired of the Christianity, and she's my least favorite character by a thousand miles.

The repeated jokes on Todd might have gotten old if they didn't slowly reveal more and more details about him.. his newborn, taking his insulin, he was an Iraqi war vet, and it all made it worth it, I'd like to see Todd becoming a recurring character they bring up from time to time. Michael K. Williams as the professor has been good to me, but not that laugh out loud funny.. he's saying funny things and I like his jokes but I'm not dying of laughter.

I'm glad that head security guard is done. Terrible character and accent. Nunez? How did they screw up the casting for that role?
laugh.gif

Not a good episode at all. I really was hoping the whole "Chang is insane" arc would have been wiped away after the first episode of the season, but I guess it's here to stay.
Professor was on point about Lego's nowadays though.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by cartune

they falling off.
After 3 episodes? Hardly. The Office fell off... and fell off badly and it was obvious.
Wasn't blown away initially by tonight's episode, another Chang story, this one without Britta or another character, and when I read it was going to be a Chang noir style I was very excited, but it wasn't quite film noir-y enough for me... I expected much more music, heavy dark shadows, etc. It had some good moments, but I wish they had a real noir story rather than Chang just being crazy. The focus on Chang this season seems too forced, I think they wanted to get it from "how do we get Chang into this world believably" and when they settled on the security guard, they made that happen over the initial episodes so hopefully it gets dialed back a bit. If Chang has his own B/C-Story every episode I'll be pretty disappointed.

The A-story also seemed repetitive at first, another "the group isn't getting along and are fighting again"... and while that will probably always be a basic story the show deals with, it felt very familiar at first. It didn't feel that way at the end, however, and by pointing out that they're all kind of bad people at times and can be really mean.. it made it less about "the group is fighting" and more "this group of jerks kind of sucks, but there's still love between them"

Am I the only one who absolutely hates Shirley? I cringe whenever she speaks because of her voice, I get tired of the Christianity, and she's my least favorite character by a thousand miles.

The repeated jokes on Todd might have gotten old if they didn't slowly reveal more and more details about him.. his newborn, taking his insulin, he was an Iraqi war vet, and it all made it worth it, I'd like to see Todd becoming a recurring character they bring up from time to time. Michael K. Williams as the professor has been good to me, but not that laugh out loud funny.. he's saying funny things and I like his jokes but I'm not dying of laughter.
I &%$#@#% hate Shirley. Her voice has gotten more and more annoying as the episodes go by. 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Oh and this episode sucked 
mad.gif

dumb, forgettable episode...it's like they're trying to be more normal to pull people in...but just making a bad show.
30t6p3b.gif

Damn people, not going to convince you whether or not the episode sucked, that's your opinion... but it's not the end of the world. Every show has a bad episode, even in its 3rd season... it happens.

Community has shown to be uneven, maybe the lows weren't as bad as this one, but it can be hit and miss sometimes. This is just one of the bad ones. The show's done enough for me to give it the benefit of the doubt and they'll come back strong.

Damn people, not going to convince you whether or not the episode sucked, that's your opinion... but it's not the end of the world. Every show has a bad episode, even in its 3rd season... it happens.

Community has shown to be uneven, maybe the lows weren't as bad as this one, but it can be hit and miss sometimes. This is just one of the bad ones. The show's done enough for me to give it the benefit of the doubt and they'll come back strong.
this.

you cant expect EVERY episode to be a homerun. (although i agree it was lackluster)

as long as Annie and Britta are on my screen, im good 

EDIT: Has anyone been watching Whitney? First two episodes werent great, but they really hit a pretty good stride with tonights episode. 

i ended up laughing out loud a few times. plus Whitney Cummings is nice
pimp.gif

Thing about Community is that it takes risks, sometimes the risk doesn't equate to a good episode, but when
the risk works it is pure gold. It is why I watch the show, the episodes don't follow some equation, they can
be drastically different from one another.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Thing about Community is that it takes risks, sometimes the risk doesn't equate to a good episode, but when
the risk works it is pure gold. It is why I watch the show, the episodes don't follow some equation, they can
be drastically different from one another.

Exactly. Episode may not have been as great but the season just started.

Solid episode. Y'all better get used to it if you don't like these types of episodes, it's gonna be like this all season. I remember Dan Harmon saying they were gonna focus more on the dynamics of the study group this season. Last year they had those "serious" episodes like Troy's birthday and I think that's the direction they're going for this season and trying to get back into focusing around the school day and class. There probably won't be too many of those fantasy world/imagination episodes.

i liked this episode of community, i don't get why ya'll buggin.
I can't wait for the Halloween episode.

It wasn't a solid episode, but whenever Todd was mentioned/seen I was 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

It wasn't a solid episode, but whenever Todd was mentioned/seen I was 
laugh.gif

he was the funniest thing in the episode.your friendship is WEIRD 
Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

The novelty of this show has worn off tremendously.

yea i think im expecting too much

Alison Brie was on Jimmy Fallon, looking amazing as usual, and they had a clip from next week's episode, it was a funny clip plus the description from NBC's website and I'm excited.

"TROY AND ABED HAVE A UNIQUE APARTMENT WARMING PARTY – When Troy (Donald Glover) and Abed (Danny Pudi) decide to share an apartment, they host a party for the group, which takes on an altered reality as several scenarios play out"

indeed it has.
Watching it last night made me realize how much this show really blows.

There's still sunny
grin.gif

Alison Brie was on Jimmy Fallon, looking amazing as usual, and they had a clip from next week's episode, it was a funny clip plus the description from NBC's website and I'm excited.

"TROY AND ABED HAVE A UNIQUE APARTMENT WARMING PARTY – When Troy (Donald Glover) and Abed (Danny Pudi) decide to share an apartment, they host a party for the group, which takes on an altered reality as several scenarios play out"

Damn Yuku won't let me embed.. 
30t6p3b.gif

http://www.hulu.com/watch...immy-fallon-alison-brie-

Had to go through NBC's site
It skips ahead of her intro/dancing.. still hot.

Have my children, Alison Brie..

tumblr_lsr34v0mCu1r3gtgco8_400.jpg

tumblr_lsr34v0mCu1r3gtgco7_400.jpg

So that's it? 3 eps in...2 decent ones and an ehhh-fest and we on Defcomm 5?
eyes.gif

Better not be in here with some
roll.gif
's after next ep.

So that's it? 3 eps in...2 decent ones and an ehhh-fest and we on Defcomm 5?
eyes.gif

Better not be in here with some
roll.gif
's after next ep.

Back
Top Bottom