"Nearly every film has a love story." Post exceptions.

Training Day.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Beverly hills cop 1&2

I'm ignoring all those others, but Axel Foley was gay. His "friend" that got killed at the start of the first movie was his lover and he went to L.A. to investigate his death. It's why he gets along with Damon Wayans character & the guy in the art gallery so well.
5922543e67b91a0e43e26814f2554b0991b3088.jpg

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

This is what turned the adjustment bureau into a comedy for me.
*%+? that was a top 10 movie of 2011 - Blunt and Damon were tremendous together, !*%!%

Aww did it make your heart swell? This movies entire them was everything is impossible but with love we can do
It. Lmao get outta here with that mess

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Beverly hills cop 1&2

I'm ignoring all those others, but Axel Foley was gay. His "friend" that got killed at the start of the first movie was his lover and he went to L.A. to investigate his death. It's why he gets along with Damon Wayans character & the guy in the art gallery so well.

I wanna give you a stern stoneface, but you have an argument(until the 3rd movie). It did seem like the white girl was trying to give it to him, but he wasn't interested.

Depends on your definition of "love story" (guessing it's the conventional romance-type)

Nemo-poster2.jpg

Originally Posted by vincecarterwut

Originally Posted by Statis22

Training Day.
pimp.gif
Came in here to say this.
False
Ethan Hawk's character did what he did (or was almost about to - turn to corruption I mean) because of his love for his wife Lisa - His desire to be a better man for her. This love also saved him because he knew he was going to become Alonzo if he did - No family no relationships - No Lisa.

Alonzo - a man without love - had nothing and it's evident when he drives away friendless and alone - only to die alone as well

At the end of the film, after Jake (Hawke) makes his decision and decides to drive home - He walks into his driveway and obviously into his wife's arms.

Just because you don't SEE the love story, it's evident that his love for his wife and desire to be respectable while successful for her prevents him from fully embracing corruption and the ways of Alonzo.

If we are NOT excluding based on true story movies.........I would say Alpha Dog

If not I would have to say.............Panic Room, The Score, The Mechanic..........

Back
Top Bottom