NEED Career Offer ADVICE

So I work as an EEG Technologist at UCLA Medical Center.
I am currently working 12 hr shifts Saturday and Sunday with an ON-CALL Shift between the hours of 7pm Saturday night into 7am Sunday night

I was just offered a Mon-Fri ON-CALL night shift starting at 5pm-7am 

Weekend Job - $29.41/ hr for first 8 hours and 1.5x after that.

$10/hr for holding my pager (ON-CALL)

And if i DO get called in, i get paid 1.5 x 29.41/hrs for a min. of 3 hours

Weeknight Job - $10/hr for holding my pager (ON-CALL)

If i get called in i get paid 1.5 x 29.41 for min of 3 hours each call

Will average about 30/hrs a week on call-back sometimes more, sometimes less

My situation...i live in Orange County, about 35-45 min drive without traffic.

If I take the weeknight job i will move up here, if i keep the weekend job i will stay in OC.

Both positions have there pros and cons but I am leaning towards the weeknight job only because working EVERY weekend sucks, i have no time for family or friends

BUT working the weeknight shifts I have to put out a lil more for rent and i work nights.  BUT i have every weekend off

what would you do? 

Weekend Job - $29.41/ hr for first 8 hours and 1.5x after that.
$10/hr for holding my pager (ON-CALL)
And if i DO get called in, i get paid 1.5 x 29.41/hrs for a min. of 3 hours
Sounds nice

thanks
i dont know why but i am leaning towards the weeknight job more, ONLY because i have weekends off

and will get paid more with the weeknight job 

my good friend works weekends and i can tell from his experiences, its a situation I wouldnt want to be in. go with the weeknight.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

my good friend works weekends and i can tell from his experiences, its a situation I wouldnt want to be in. go with the weeknight.

what does your friend do?

Honestly go with the weeknight job because you said it yourself u miss family and friends... I'm in a position where I work weekends all the time never get to see family and friends and I hate it.

Just do the weeknight job.

That's your first choice anyways.

I can tell you value the weekend more than nights.

You seem to value family and friends more than money which is a good thing so op IMO u should do the weeknights. Good luck op.

Originally Posted by ROYALTY D

he works for the TSA doing the early shifts. he's at the airport by 5 am on fridays and saturdays. He does get Wed-Fri off though.

thanks NT! 
the weekend money is good but i would have to bust my #$+ to bring home ~3000/month....

the weeknight job, if i dont get called in AT ALL i will still bring home ~3000/month

but my weeknight monthly income can range anywhere from 3000-5000/month (possibly more depending on how busy it gets) 

he works for the TSA doing the early shifts. he's at the airport by 5 am on Sat and Sun. He does get Wed-Fri off though.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Naw you'll regret giving up your weekends.

what do you mean? 
It's just a different feel working weekends.  Your whole life you've prepped to wind down on the weekends, that feeling doesn't go away easy.  And of course your social life takes a hit.  I used to have this unexplainable hatred for going into work on saturdays.

I'd personally go with the weeknight since you'd have time for family and friends as well as be financially stable. What's the point of having 5 days off if there's no one to spend it with? I'm assuming you could work more, but eh... I don't think it'd be worth it.

Naw you'll regret giving up your weekends.

what do you mean? 
It's just a different feel working weekends.  Your whole life you've prepped to wind down on the weekends, that feeling doesn't go away easy.  And of course your social life takes a hit.  I used to have this unexplainable hatred for going into work on saturdays.
He's already working weekends.

Back
Top Bottom