Nelly is Top 10

U might be the only person who has him in your top 10. Let's be real people that got him there o ly got him there to try to look like some hip hop junkie nerds. When the last time u asked somebody what they listening to and they said krs?

big

nas

jay

kane

rakim

run dmc

busta

kiss

styles

cam

meth

LL

raekwon

i just gave you 1,Nas,Rakim are the only ones i probably would say are

big

nas

jay

kane

rakim

run dmc

busta

kiss

styles

cam

meth

LL

raekwon

i just gave you 14
Rakim and Nas are the only ones 1 would are better, Kane is a better MC but KRS has the better discography 

roll.gif
At Cam,Jadakiss,Styles. Them bums

KRS is a legend, and on skill alone should be in top ten, but hes just never a vet I had much interest in, even if I did like his 07 album with Marley Marl. There's so many other long time vets I'd listen to before him. Half of Wu-Tang for me could go in front of him.

Anyone who says Nelly is better than KRS is not only an idiot, but knows absolutely nothing about Hip Hop. Nelly is a Pop artist who makes music for a bubble gum market by bastardizing rap music. People who purchased Nelly albums are in the same category of consumers who purchased Vanilla Ice & MC Hammer albums when they were popular. The only mistake KRS made was thinking that going after Nelly was going to have the same outcome that going after MC Shan had. The type of people who think Nelly makes good music would never be able to grasp KRS and what he means to the culture.

I wouldn't lump him in with the Vanilla Ices and Hammer types but more so the Mase and Will Smith types. Catchy singles that when your parents hear it they don't think twice about buying you the album not knowing the content on the rest of the record.

I'd bet for a good amount of ppl riding for him Country Grammer was their first rap album.

You don't have to be a fan of his music to acknowledge what KRS has contributed to the culture.

That list up there, lyrically, I wouldn't take half of them over KRS and I'm a fan of all of them.

Just to be clear, exactly what category is Nelly top 10 in?

top 10? in terms of sales maybe, skillwise he isn't a MC he's just another mainstream rapper who made some songs for the younger crowd. not gonna lie i used to listen to Nelly alot during the early 2000's. Country Grammar & Nellyville got some heat on it too.

krs dont got a better catalogue than none of the dudes i mentioned
The only ones you can compare are...

Nas

Kane

Jay

LL

Even though him and rakim came out around the same time Rakim albums are not as deep as KRS-Ones but you can argue Rakim could be the better MC

But the rest of them dudes album Catalogue can't compare

Last edited:
legend by default because of the era he came up in, just because hes a good lyricist doesnt mean he made great music

i never heard anyone claim krs has timeless music

Because he doesn't, dudes just feel like they gotta add him

Meth, busta, cam

:rofl:
Dudes are on dust here.

I think we've reached a point where dudes with these wild flagrant opinions are posting like they in the right.

You'd need to put Busta, Cam, and Meth's rap careers together to say it's better than KRS.

Dudes are on dust here.

I think we've reached a point where dudes with these wild flagrant opinions are posting like they in the right.

You'd need to put Busta, Cam, and Meth's rap careers together to say it's better than KRS.
they were all more successful than him

**** you talking bout

dudes need to take there nostalgic *** somewhere

Dudes are on dust here.

Seriously, some of the **** I read in these threads is beyond absurd.

Has nothing to do with nostalgia, Krs-one lyrics still hold up to this day, from the 80's. You can't say that about Nelly or any of his music.

If marketing and promotion = career, I guess.

Give me history, longevity, and substance over forgettable gimmicks.

Back
Top Bottom