Netflix To Stream ‘Breaking Bad’ Spinoff ‘Better Call Saul’

NETFLIX, INC. BOB ODENKIRKNetflix is credited with helping Breaking Bad become a hit on TV, and the AMC drama became one of the first signature titles on the streaming service, helping introduce binge viewing. The two’s successful symbiotic relationship is now being extended with the upcoming Breaking Bad spinoff Better Call Saul. Netflix and Breaking Bad producer Sony Pictures Television have closed a deal for the spinoff series for all of the streaming service’s territories. In the U.S. and Canada, the complete first season of Saul will be available to Netflix members after its season finale on AMC Networks in 2014.

Co-created and executive produced by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan and series’ writer Peter Gould, Better Call Saul tells the story of mall-based super lawyer Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk) in the years before he became Walter White’s attorney. From parking tickets to mass murder, from slip-and-fall to bond fraud, Saul handles it all. “Breaking Bad is widely recognized as one of the great TV experiences in this new golden age of television,” said Netflix’s chief content officer Ted Sarandos. “It has also proven very popular with Netflix subscribers around the world. This spin-off promises to continue its tradition of powerful storytelling.” Added Sony Pictures TV president Steve Mosko, “Coming off of the overwhelming success of Breaking Bad, we’re excited to continue our collaboration with Vince, as well as Peter Gould, and that fans around the world will be able to embrace Saul.“

Smart move.

I dont think I like the sound of this....

Spinoffs are hardly any good.
u trippin angel was better than buffy
still mad at that series finale
also pinky and the brain was better than anamaiacs
also a different world i liked more than cosby show
jeffersons better than all in the family
and i liked fraiser better than cheers

Last edited:

I feel you on some of those.....

but, Better call Saul better than breaking bad? :rolleyes

I really doubt that.

Can't wait. Saul is one of the better characters in BB, so I'm expecting this to be good.

I really doubt that.
i liked bb but looking back on it after finishing the wire and catching up on game of thrones
i think we liked it just because it was the ultimate underdog story
honestly looking back on it 5 seasons to tell that story was to much
it was tooo bloated
i still like it though

:lol: @ waiting until the season is over to watch it.

Props to Netflix though is funny/sad how dependent people are to their service yet I see some mention how there's nothing to watch (Just like with cable)

Anytime I mention a new show to a certain type of person they ask is it on Netflix.

Last edited:
People like stuff available on netflix but when they try to find random things to watch when they're bored and don't find anything they blame netflix. I have like 100 things in my list but i'm never in the mood to watch most of it.

Last edited:

I really doubt that.
It's a comedy.

Just enjoy it or not.

Don't see the point in even comparing it to Breaking Bad :lol:
:lol: @ waiting until the season is over to watch it.

Props to Netflix though is funny/sad how dependent people are to their service yet I see some mention how there's nothing to watch (Just like with cable)

Anytime I mention a new show to a certain type of person they ask is it on Netflix.
They want to binge watch it. No commercials plus they watch it on their own time.

These type of ppl will even binge watch shows that aren't that good just cuz they can :lol:

Last edited:
Real talk no commercials is soooo damn :pimp:
I swear if netflix. Ever goes that route I will be highly dissappointed
Plus I swear every few years commercials get longer and longer :lol:

how cool would it be if the series ended when he meets Walter White
pimp.gif
It's been hinted that's exactly how the show will end.

Damn thread ain't been touched in forever :lol:
Hmmm they gonna be sorta competing with house of cards
I think the new season releases in feb
Honestly more hyped for house of cards than this
But my Sundays are a drag since newsroom has ended :smh:

Yeah, House of Cards comes back at the same time. I said I was gonna watch both seasons to re-up for Feb.

It's actually great to have a date now for the show.

They want to binge watch it. No commercials plus they watch it on their own time.

You could do that before Netflix and with any show not just certain ones they decide to carry :lol:

Binge watching is cool if it's released like OITNB or a show you're just late on but I wouldn't wait to do it.

Netflix is dying to have some original content...

This will be a hit if they do it right

People will cop Netflix just for this series.

Showbox >>>>>>>___ , doe.

You could do that before Netflix and with any show not just certain ones they decide to carry :lol:

Binge watching is cool if it's released like OITNB or a show you're just late on but I wouldn't wait to do it.
Was there a legal streaming site you could do this with before? Cuz if you just mean searching for links on the internet or downloading. Most ppl aren't up on that. Plus there's a convenience of a streaming service that not many other provided until netflix got big.

Eh, in a way the same wait you do weekly and when the show goes on breaks is equal to the wait of the season being all done and being available on netflix.

Back
Top Bottom