NEW AP/USA Today CFB Polls: 11/18/09 vol. LOL Stanford @ #14 and USC STILL ranked

Originally Posted by CP1708

Duke won a national title, in football?
eek.gif
roll.gif

Who was their QB, Jesus?

3vjpw.jpg

fvgzt2.jpg

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

laugh.gif

All CP is trying to say is that no conference in the country is as dependent on one team being successful as it appears the Pac-10 is right now with USC. Washington was great in the early 90s but it's almost 2010 (I mean the Huskies did lose every single game last year). There have been other good teams that pop in and out but nothing like the 'dominance' that USC has shown in the 2000s. I mean you look in every other major conference that hasn't changed major affiliation (ie Big East and ACC) they've all had multiple teams be successful SEC (UF, LSU, Bama, Tennessee, maybe Auburn and UGA) Big XII (Texas, Nebraska, OU) Big 10 (Ohio St., Mich, Penn St.)

Whether it's East Coast bias or whatever...almost every time someone talks about the Pac-10 it's USC and only USC which is why when a team beats them, they're crowned the next big thing (ala Oregon or Stanford) when really the Trojans just are mediocre this year.

Alright for the past several years the SEC has been dependent on Florida and LSU. Before that it was Auburn for a year then Tennessee for a few years backwhen Manning was there. Just because USC has dominated in the last decade doesn't mean the rest of the Pac has always depended on them. Think of therecruiting out here on the West Coast. There isn't as big of a pool of talent as there is in the Southeast and many top recruits out here choose to go toschools in California. Oregon State for example is one of the most consistant teams in the nation and they constantly do it without top recruits. What I amsaying is the talent that USC brings in is on another level than most of the schools in the conference, which is why everyone else in the nation hypes them upas the best team in the West. How is USC any different from Florida the past few years? They both have been fairly dominant in their conferences so yourargument makes no sense. Go over to Rivals with all the other ignorant rednecks and talk with them about how the only conference that matters is the SEC andhow the only good team in the PAC 10 is USC.

How is Ohio State ranked above Oregon? We beat both teams that beat them. Oh well. We will destroy them in the Rose Bowl anyway. Screen cap it if you wantfellas.

Exactly. Mamba hit it pretty much on the head.

Year after year there are all the "elite" programs. They have ups and downs, but they are considered "elite" Penn St right? Theyaren't good every single year, but they have mattered to college football for decades.
Oklahoma. They go up and down with talent, but they mattered to college football for decades.
Texas, LSU, Florida, Miami, USC, Ohio St, Michigan, Tennessee, Notre Dame. All have bad years, or a bad few years, but they are the "elite"programs. (Nebraska, forgot them)

They carried the sport from the 70's up til now. Now we have a bunch of TCU's, and Boise friggin St's, and Utah's that come out and have a bigyear or two, three whatever and that's that. Ya'll consider Boise St elite? Sure, if they do this for 15 more years, I will.
laugh.gif

So who in the Pac 9 fits that bill? Show me some EPIC college football must watch classic clear your calendar, nation wide games THAT DON"T INVOLVE USC.

I'll wait.

It's them. And only them. They are all you've got.

And guess what, when they were down in the 80's, who in that conference did any damn thing?
laugh.gif
The biggest game I can think of in that conference is Cal/Stanford, and thatwas big not because of the teams, but because of what happened. A band geek got creamed on a miraculous final play.

Certainly every year a Pac 10 team would go to the Rose Bowl. None of them would win a title. Washington is the only one other then SC in I don't knowhow many years. But all the fans from these schools cry and moan about East Coast bias and all this other garbage, and USC doesn't seem to be affected onetiny bit. Why is that?

It is what it is.

Florida St wins titles, that doesn't mean @#$% to me. Hell, they probably beat me to get to it. I'm not gonna be proud of the ACC for what they do. That's their win. Virginia Tech, same deal. I mean, damn, 10 years ago the title game was Florida St, vs Virginia Tech. Guess what, an ACC team won thetitle that night.
laugh.gif
Who gives a crap about league allegiance? Oh, thepac 10 does. Why? Cuz they need USC to carry them so they can be popular and matter.
eyes.gif

Don't talk to me about what other schools do that matter to college football, talk to me about what YOUR school does that effects the entire nation. SC does it all the time. USC v Ohio St. MUST WATCH. USC vs Notre Dame, BIG GAME. (maybe not right now
laugh.gif
) Ohio St vs Texas. BIG TIME. Miami V Florida St (I'm talkin before theywere conference rivals here) MUST WATCH. Networks cleared their schedules for this game. Notre Dame v Miami was like that. Just about every single team inthe SEC has mattered. Tennessee, Florida, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, now Alabama is back in it. Whenever they play, it's big time.

Historical implications. Tons of history.

What other pac 10 school has ANY of that. ANY.

None.

Sorry. Not my fault.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

laugh.gif

All CP is trying to say is that no conference in the country is as dependent on one team being successful as it appears the Pac-10 is right now with USC. Washington was great in the early 90s but it's almost 2010 (I mean the Huskies did lose every single game last year). There have been other good teams that pop in and out but nothing like the 'dominance' that USC has shown in the 2000s. I mean you look in every other major conference that hasn't changed major affiliation (ie Big East and ACC) they've all had multiple teams be successful SEC (UF, LSU, Bama, Tennessee, maybe Auburn and UGA) Big XII (Texas, Nebraska, OU) Big 10 (Ohio St., Mich, Penn St.)

Whether it's East Coast bias or whatever...almost every time someone talks about the Pac-10 it's USC and only USC which is why when a team beats them, they're crowned the next big thing (ala Oregon or Stanford) when really the Trojans just are mediocre this year.

Alright for the past several years the SEC has been dependent on Florida and LSU. Before that it was Auburn for a year then Tennessee for a few years back when Manning was there. Just because USC has dominated in the last decade doesn't mean the rest of the Pac has always depended on them. Think of the recruiting out here on the West Coast. There isn't as big of a pool of talent as there is in the Southeast and many top recruits out here choose to go to schools in California. Oregon State for example is one of the most consistant teams in the nation and they constantly do it without top recruits. What I am saying is the talent that USC brings in is on another level than most of the schools in the conference, which is why everyone else in the nation hypes them up as the best team in the West. How is USC any different from Florida the past few years? They both have been fairly dominant in their conferences so your argument makes no sense. Go over to Rivals with all the other ignorant rednecks and talk with them about how the only conference that matters is the SEC and how the only good team in the PAC 10 is USC.

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Nowhere in there was I hyping up the SEC, I was saying that them and other conferences have had multiple teams pretty much every year that are in nationalchamp contention and/or winning 10+ games a year...for the majority in the Pac-10 it's been SC and only SC with Oregon sprinkled in there every 3 years orso...you need to calm down.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

How is Ohio State ranked above Oregon? We beat both teams that beat them. Oh well. We will destroy them in the Rose Bowl anyway. Screen cap it if you want fellas.
Because our last lost was was a month ago while yalls was 2weeks ago and since then we had more time to rebound beating 2 ranked teams

Oregon State for example is one of the most consistant teams in the nation

?

laugh.gif

Do some research. Since 2001 Oregon State has only missed a bowl game in 2005, and has only lost a bowl game once since then and have a 5 game bowl win streakgoing. I would consider that consistant wouldn't you? As for other big gams besides USC. Here is one off the top of my head. Oregon State beat the hellout of Notre Dame in the 2001 Fiesta Bowl and could have beat any team in the nation. Or the next year when Oregon beat Colorado in the Fiesta Bowl. don't come in here spitting some bs about how none of the other teams have stepped up and played in meaningful games. USC has an upper hand because ofthose meaningless games against Ohio State and Notre Dame. Seriously those games are way over hyped, since when has either team done anything in a big game?

So lemme get this straight, you wanna puff out your chest over beating Notre Dame in 2001 and then got killed by Pitt the following season in a bowl.

That's BIG to you? I'm talkin about big games, historical, year after year matchups that matter, and you win ONE and want a cookie for it?

Yeah, you won a lotta bowls, The Insight, the Las Vegas, The Sun, and the Emarld Bowl.

Big games.

Consistent.

Do some research.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Dec 5, 3 pm CST. The only game that matters....

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm pissed as hell I didn't get student tix yesterday, they were only $45...stupid Ticketmaster, still though not missing this game for nothing evenif it is Finals week
smh.gif

The ATL is gonna be on fiya that weekend...I believe the true national champ will be decided on that day
laugh.gif

So lemme get this straight, you wanna puff out your chest over beating Notre Dame in 2001 and then got killed by Pitt the following season in a bowl.

That's BIG to you? I'm talkin about big games, historical, year after year matchups that matter, and you win ONE and want a cookie for it?

Yeah, you won a lotta bowls, The Insight, the Las Vegas, The Sun, and the Emarld Bowl.

Big games.

Consistent.

Do some research.
laugh.gif

I was using that as examples, consistancy is having winning season year in and year out. Tell me about these big games that you speak of that they aremissing. Just because Oregon State doesn't play a team from another big time conference anually doesn't take from their consistency. They have beenrolling through top ranked PAC 10 teams the past few years so most would consider those big games.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Mediocre facilities.
Now I know you dont know what you are talking about. They added suites onto the stadium with more improvements to come. They have a brand newindoor practicie facility that is better than the likes of Texas, etc...I will post pictures when I get home.

Not enough money to compete when big jobs come knocking.
TCU isnt struggling for money one bit.

And he's gonna have his face firmly pressed against the glass ceiling on that program this

Yes, they will be left out this year baring a miracle, but TCU has 18 starters coming back next year including their QB. They can easily be back knocking onthe door next year.This is far from the glass ceiling, this is just breaking the ice. Plus, TCU has games set up with Texas Tech, Arkansas, Baylor, and LSU inthe next 7 years.

Like it or not, things probably aren't changing for the mid-majors in regards to the BCS any time soon...

But they are going to change, and if the Mountain West keeps improving, they will be right there for evaluations when this contract is up.

still doesn't have the assets and resources to keep guys like Gary Patterson from moving on... They just don't...
Once again, you obviously havent stepped foot on the TCU campus lately. There is construction all over the place.

The only luxury those guys have for them at their current jobs is the ability to sit back and cherry pick their next job without feeling any pressure at their current one...
And he has had numerous opportunities to leave and still hasnt. This isnt his first time to have a successful season. He could have easily had theKansas State job last year, his alma mater... and wanted no part of it.

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Mountain West with Boise St. Nevada and Fresno St. > ACC and Big East

MWC with those schools is a BCS conference
skiptomylouslapchop.gif

You've been ignored. You add nothing to these conversations except crackpot statements.

[table][tr][td]TEAM (Rk.)[/td] [td]CONF[/td] [td]OVERALL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TCU (4/4)[/td] [td]6-0[/td] [td]10-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BYU (18/19)[/td] [td]5-1[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Utah (23/23)[/td] [td]5-1[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Air Force[/td] [td]5-2[/td] [td]7-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wyoming[/td] [td]3-3[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego State[/td] [td]2-4[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]UNLV[/td] [td]2-5[/td] [td]4-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Mexico[/td] [td]0-6[/td] [td]0-10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado State[/td] [td]0-6[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][/table]
The MWC is sorry outside of the top 4 teams.

VS.

[table][tr][td]ATLANTIC[/td] [td]CONF[/td] [td]OVERALL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - Clemson[/td] [td]5-2[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - Boston College[/td] [td]4-2[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Florida State[/td] [td]3-4[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]x - Wake Forest[/td] [td]2-5[/td] [td]4-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]x - North Carolina State[/td] [td]1-5[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]x - Maryland[/td] [td]1-5[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]COASTAL[/td] [td]CONF[/td] [td]OVERALL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - Georgia Tech[/td] [td]7-1[/td] [td]10-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - Virginia Tech[/td] [td]4-2[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - Miami (FL)[/td] [td]4-3[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - North Carolina[/td] [td]3-3[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Duke[/td] [td]3-3[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]x - Virginia[/td] [td]2-4[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][/table]
Its been a horrible year for the ACC but you still have 75% of the teams in bowl contention with half of them going to relevant bowl games.

[table][tr][td]TEAM[/td] [td]CONF[/td] [td]OVERALL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - Cincinnati[/td] [td]6-0[/td] [td]10-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - Pittsburgh[/td] [td]5-0[/td] [td]9-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - West Virginia[/td] [td]3-2[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* - Rutgers[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]7-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]South Florida[/td] [td]2-3[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Connecticut[/td] [td]1-4[/td] [td]4-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Louisville[/td] [td]1-4[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]x - Syracuse[/td] [td]0-5[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][/table]
With the exception of Syracuse and Louisville this is a very solid conference. The Big East gets picked on because it is the smallest BCS conference but theyhave yet to recover from the seceding of BC, Miami and VTech to the ACC. They are currently looking at expansion but it will take years as they have to waitfor conf. contracts to expire. What they have to do to be worthy of legitimacy to some of you? Its not like they are going out every week and playing D1 AAschools to pad their schedule. How can you hold the conference accountable for the rest of the members not having D1-A acceptable football programs? Youcan't. This is a conference that beats up on each other like another league that won't be named hence why the records look like that.

Big games.

Consistent.

Do some research.
laugh.gif

I was using that as examples, consistancy is having winning season year in and year out. Tell me about these big games that you speak of that they are missing. Just because Oregon State doesn't play a team from another big time conference anually doesn't take from their consistency. They have been rolling through top ranked PAC 10 teams the past few years so most would consider those big games.

You sir, are exactly my point about Pac 9 fans.

Hopefully others now see it. Thank you for your services.

Interesting quote from another thread.........

Bigmike23 wrote:
Originally Posted by outacontrol music

AL Central
pimp.gif

wait

is this what we do now when your team sucks? we take credit for what other players and teams do in the Divison?
roll.gif

And he's a UCLA fan. Hmmmm

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Now I know you dont know what you are talking about. They added suites onto the stadium with more improvements to come. They have a brand new indoor practicie facility that is better than the likes of Texas, etc...I will post pictures when I get home.
Better than the likes of Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, etc.? Really?
laugh.gif
Back to this in a second...

Yes, they will be left out this year baring a miracle, but TCU has 18 starters coming back next year including their QB. They can easily be back knocking on the door next year.This is far from the glass ceiling, this is just breaking the ice. Plus, TCU has games set up with Texas Tech, Arkansas, Baylor, and LSU in the next 7 years.
And they'll be right back in this same position next year... Sitting firmly behind whoever is undefeated from BCS conferences, hoping andpraying, only to come up short yet again...

But they are going to change, and if the Mountain West keeps improving, they will be right there for evaluations when this contract is up.
The current contract runs through 2013... Like I said, no time soon, and there's no guarantee they change then either...

Once again, you obviously havent stepped foot on the TCU campus lately. There is construction all over the place.
I was there Saturday for the game for the third or fourth time this year... I live 10 minutes from campus. I have plenty of friends at TCU, bothstudents and in the athletic department, that I talk to on a daily basis. I'm fully aware of what's going on... And it's still not on scale withwhat you see at Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, or Oklahoma State...

And he has had numerous opportunities to leave and still hasnt. This isnt his first time to have a successful season. He could have easily had the Kansas State job last year, his alma mater... and wanted no part of it.
Kansas State isn't a good job... Neither is Minnesota... Why would he leave for that?
laugh.gif
That's why I said he can sit back and cherry pick... He doesn't have totake those jobs... They're dead ends... Why leave a job where you're making $1.8M and won't ever get fired for basically the same money at KansasState or Minnesota?
laugh.gif

Numerous opportunities? Other than Tennessee, which he never got an offer from but was obviously chasing, what decent BCS program has offered him a job? Or hadhim in for multiple interviews?

And he has had numerous opportunities to leave and still hasnt. This isnt his first time to have a successful season. He could have easily had the Kansas State job last year, his alma mater... and wanted no part of it.
so what jobs has he turned down?

and Kstate is NOT a top job, it really is a step back from TCU

i will let dirk handle the other trash you wrote

EDIT:

i see he did already
laugh.gif

Real fast....
CP1708 wrote:

The conference of Champions.........

miami_hurricanes_championship_banner_10102big.jpg

What is that, 700 years of football for 5-6 titles, and one school has that matched in 85 years or so. And if I were to bring up USC's 11 titles over the rest of the entire conference.......well,

Funny.....

The title of "Conference of Champions" refers to the conference OVERALL in ALL SPORTS.

"The Pacific-10 Conference continues to uphold its tradition as the "Conference of Champions" [emoji]174[/emoji], claiming an incredible 166 NCAA team titlesover the past 19 years, including 11 in 2008-09, averaging nearly nine championships per academic year. Even more impressive has been the breadth of thePac-10's success, with championships coming in 26 different men's and women's sports. The Pac-10 has led the nation in NCAA Championships in 43 ofthe last 49 years and finished second five times. "

Go ahead and try and clown about the the random sports that pac-10 schools have won titles in, but please dont act inthe big 3 (Football, Basketball, Baseball) the PAC-10 doesnt have more national titles overall than any other conference. period.

Oh and when you refer to the Pac-10 as being USC and only USC calling it the PAC-9 makes no sense....I think you meanits the PAC-1.
grin.gif

Anyways carry on with this pointless argument....

they outgained WF on a per play basis (6.517 vs 6.361).

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That's probably the dumbest/most irrelevant stat I've ever heard. Yea we mighta lost, but we averaged more yards per play!!

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

laugh.gif
roll.gif
at TCU being on par with Texas. UM NO, take your homer glasses off

Yes, the TCU indoor facility is better than the likes of Texas. Our is actually a structure, theirs is just a bubble. The rest are on par asfar as football goes. No they might not be the likes of Oklahoma State but they are as good or better than ALOT of programs.

--------------

The Sam Baugh Indoor Practice Facility and Cox Field was dedicated to the TCU Athletics Department on May 10th, 2007, and provides the student-athletes who donthe Purple and White with one of the best indoor practice facilities in all of collegiate athletics.

Widely-recognized around the country as a model for future indoor facilities, the Linbeck Group was awarded with the 2008 AGC/QuoinSummit Merit Award sponsored by the Association of General Contractors for their efforts in constructing the Sam Baugh Indoor Practice Facility and CoxField. A long-time partner of TCU Athletics, the Linbeck received the honor for developing the project to TCU's satisfaction and recruitingneeds while overcoming the adversity of several weather-related obstacles, including 42 days of down time during the wettest year on record in Fort Worth.

The 80,000-square foot Sam Baugh Indoor Practice was a $7-million project and gives TCU a competitive edge in attracting the topstudent-athletes by providing a climate-controlled practice area. The Sam Baugh Indoor Practice Facility and Cox Field features an 80-yard field with aregulation 52-yard width and two full end zones.

tcuindoor01.jpg

tcuindoor02.jpg

Named for legendary TCU coaches -the $13-million, 40,000-square-foot Dutch Meyer Athletic Complex and Abe Martin Academic Enhancement Center made its debut inAugust of 2008 and features six suites and approximately 255 club seats. The facility sits atop the Walsh Complex and features an expansive club lounge forsocializing and premier dining while watching the Frogs. The building also includes increased academic space and team meeting areas and was funded completelyby nine donors. Revenues from club seating and suites go directly to supporting athletics scholarships through the Frog Club.

With 40,000-square-feet of team meeting space, tutor rooms, a computer lab and players' lounge - not to mention a new club leveland suites for fans - the new Dutch Meyer Athletic Complex and Abe Martin Academic Enhancement Center is first-class in every regard. The facility boasts sixsuites, the cost of which equates to one full scholarship. They come equipped with mini-bar, cushion seating and flat-screen television or occupants can go outto a row of club seats just outside the window.

dutch01.jpg

dutch02.jpg

The John S. Justin Athletic Center is located in the south end zone of Amon G. Carter Stadium and stands at approximately 37,287 feet. In addition to housingoffices of the TCU athletic administration and football program, the $7.5-million facility contains a video lab, an academic learning and heritage center,which showcases the past traditions and accomplishments of Horned Frog Athletics - including Davey O'Brien's Heisman Trophy. The complex was dedicatedin the name of John S. Justin - who was not only a TCU graduate (Class of 1941), but also a long-time trustee.

dutch03.jpg

justin02.jpg

If you wanna talk other sports also...

At a cost of over $5-million, The Ed & Rae Schollmaier Basketball Complex provides a first-class environment and facility for TCU student-athletes andcoaches while serving as a model of state-of-the-art facilities to collegiate programs all over the country.

The 22,000-square foot basketball complex features two NCAA regulationbasketball courts, office space for both the TCU men's and women's basketball coaching staffs, meeting rooms, a weight room - specifically for TCUbasketball players - coaches' locker rooms as well as a lobby area. The Ed & Rae Schollmaier Basketball Complex also features glass windows wherefaithful of the TCU men's and women's basketball program can view practice and watch their favorite players.

In baseball...

The $7-million state-of-the-art baseball facility is located on the campus of TCU with the Bayard H. Friedman Tennis Center, Lowdon Track and Field Complex andGarvey-Rosenthal Soccer Stadium neighboring the home turf of the Frogs. Ground broke on Lupton Stadium on October 18th, 2001 with construction officiallybeginning on December 3rd, 2001.

Considered one of the premier baseball facilities in collegiate baseball, Lupton Stadium features 3,500 seats and a unique two-deck structurethat allows every seat to be extremely close to the playing surface for a great vantage point of all the exciting on-field action. A canti-leveled roof systemcovers part of the stadium grandstands protecting fans from the hot Texas sun as well as the unexpected rain. Seats range from lower-deck chairdeck toupper-level club seats as well as general admission bleacher seating. Additional seating areas can be found in the spacious berm area located behind thefirst-base line. Lupton Stadium the Developed Walk of Champions honoring the former TCU greats in addition to a new videoboard that was installed prior to thebeginning of the 2006 campaign.

baseball01.jpg

baseball02.jpg

In Tennis....

The Bayard H. Friedman Tennis Center and Bernard J. "Tut" Bartzen Varsity Courts is considered one of the finest facilities in collegiate athletics.Completed in 1976 as a most of more than $2-million, the home of the TCU men's and women's tennis programs is located on the southwest corner of theTCU campus and features an indoor and outdoor tennis complex.

The Bayard H. Friedman Tennis Center features 27 total courts - six varsity tennis courts and five indoor courts which are reserved solely forthe men's and women's tennis programs - as well as 16 courts that are for public use. The outdoor section of the Bayard H. Friedman Tennis Centerincludes a pavilion with a seating capacity of 1,500 to go along with fully-stocked pro shop and complete locker room facilities. The outdoor courts arerecessed by as much as 16 feet, which provide wind control and deleting many viewing obstructions.

tennis01.jpg

And in Track....

The Lowdon Track and Field Complex was selected as the "Outstanding Track Complex" by the United States Tennis Court and Track Builders Associationin 2000. Located on the southwest corner of the TCU campus, the Lowdon Track and Field Complex allows the program to take on the nation's finest collegiatecompetition on its home turf.

I can keep going if you would like?

What program doesn't say that their facilities are "regarded as the model for future facilities?"

And I think comparing facilities is a little dumb. Who has the best facilities is mostly cyclical. A few years ago when A&M and Texas got new facilities,those were the best facilities. Now TCU, Oklahoma State, and Baylor have updated their facilities...in a few years A&M and Texas will update theirfacilities. Then a few years later, TCU, Oklahoma State and Baylor will update their facilities...

It's pretty much the same way all over the country.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Can TCU beat one of the top three teams?
I think they would beat Texas for sure. Would be a hell of a game against Florida and Alabama. I hope TCU gets the SEC 2nd place team in a BCS Bowl.
TCU I believe is the only team to have a Top 10 offense and defense this season.

Texas Total Offense - 41.6 Pt/g (#2 in the nation) | TCU Total Offense - 39.2 pt/g(#4 in the nation)
Texas Total Defense - 12.6 pt/g(# 7 in the nation) | TCU Total Defense - 12.9pt/g(#8 in the nation)

Sorry, TCU is not the only team that is top 10 in both o and d. And you guess'd it, Texas is ranked higher than them in both categories.
Saying TCU would beat Texas for sure is laughable. There stats are almost identical. But Im pretty sure Texas would win if they faced off in a Bowl Game.

Back
Top Bottom