NEW BASKETBALL SHOE FROM NIKE !!! NIKE ZOOM HYPERREV . CHECK INSIDE FOR PICS,SPRING 2014...OPINI

Yeah.... But just by looking at it (yeah I'm judging) looks like this might be an over hyped performance shoe .... So they kinda got that in common :tongue:

Last edited:
View media item 728281Ok guys I played in these this morning. Great shoe. Very comfy I loved the zoom. Very very light. Very supportive. The only thing is the traction. It was very bad. They were ice skates. I'm not sure if the floor was super dusty but I never had a problem before. Today it was bad. I'll try them one more time cause I have other colors coming but the traction was very very bad.

Hey Gambino thanks for the info! Maybe the rubber needs to be broken in more. I was always kinda skeptical about the traction on these. They should have gone with something more multidirectional instead because the lines are too large, they should have put lines going in the other direction. The Hyperdunk 2013s have a similar traction pattern but the pattern is much smaller so there is more coverage. But anyway I would suggest you wear the same shoe again and see if the traction is any better, because if you try a new shoe then the traction will be the same as before unless the floor is cleaner.

Last edited:
^Epiceddy could be right in that the rubber needs some break in.  Could have been a pretty dusty floor too and a case where you'll just have to wipe a bit more often

You act like sneakernews has any credibility, dawg. That site is horrible.

Calling them roshe basketball shoes is just insane because you get people who have no idea what they're talking about comparing an overhyped lifestyle shoe to a supposed performance beast. Is that hard to comprehend?
THATS NOT THE POINT FAM. 
laugh.gif

Regardless of credibility (how is sneakernews any less credible than other sites?), it has a HUGE following. If the masses see an article taht states these as Roshe basketball shoes, then obviously they are going to refer to them as those, and be curious to how the cushioning will be for the basketball version.

You are wild hardheaded. Fact is, SneakerNews which has tons of traffic (and I woudnt be surprised if other blogs referred to these as Roshe BBall) made an article calling these Roshe Bbball. First impressions are EVERYTHING, people obviously made connotations with Roshe Runs.

I think maybe you are right. I'll try the same pair.

I had the same thing happen with my Kobe IVs which took a bit for the rubber to break in and my Kobe Vs took a lllooonnnggg time to break in. But once they did they were money. My 2013 Hyperdunks were perfect right out of the box.

It looks like flat herringbone on the bottoms though.  Breaking them in might help a little, especially wearing them outside to roughen it up a bit.  But I'd take angled herringbone (HD 2013 style) over flat herringbone every time.  Flat herringbone is what Adidas used to do on a lot of their bball shoes and traction was the major complaint on those.

I'm not sold on these yet. I love the idea of a slightly more minimal shoe but traction is a must. I'm definitely a buyer at $75-80 but I already have a small rotation. Just wanting to add a pair for court feel.

Do you? Rondo is sponsored by Anta, and Curry is sponsored by Under Armour.

I was referring to the guy you quoted. The only label Curry should have on his shoes is "glass ankles" and Rondo would only wear hyped shoes...doesn't deserve to have a sig shoe.

Do you? Rondo is sponsored by Anta, and Curry is sponsored by Under Armour.

LMFAO, palanilopez12, you just got owned brotha. Hahaha, before you try and call someone out, make sure you got your facts straight first. You got owned! Neither of those signings were new either, announced a long time ago. YOU apparently don't watch basketball!

I was referring to the guy you quoted. The only label Curry should have on his shoes is "glass ankles" and Rondo would only wear hyped shoes...doesn't deserve to have a sig shoe.

Well the point is moot anyways, since like I said, neither are sponsored by Nike anymore.

Last edited:
LMFAO, palanilopez12, you just got owned brotha. Hahaha, before you try and call someone out, make sure you got your facts straight first. You got owned! Neither of those signings were new either, announced a long time ago. YOU apparently don't watch basketball!

Trust me I know my ball I simply quoted the wrong person. So do me a favor and take it easy. Do you get personal validation by going hard at someone over the internet?

Can't lie it was hard not going all in on that when I saw it too, refrained but either way all in good fun. Take it with a grain of salt man...

Trust me I know my ball I simply quoted the wrong person. So do me a favor and take it easy. Do you get personal validation by going hard at someone over the internet?

All good dude, I just had to do it. Its all in a lil fun, just couldn't pass it up. My bad. No hard feelings eh? No hypebeasting here, I wanna try these out, long time since NIke has released a shoe with full-length Zoom Air unit. That flexible outsole definitely looks like a traction pass though....

Back
Top Bottom