New Book Claims Death Row Records Was An FBI Front To Ruin Black Activism

(AllHipHop News) A new book being published claims that Death Row Records was actually a front for the FBI in an attempt to assault and end black activism.

The new book The FBI War on Tupac Shakur and Black Leaders: U.S. Intelligence’s Murderous Targeting of Tupac, MLK, Malcolm, The Panthers, Hendrix, Marley, Rappers & Linked Ethnic Leftists.

According to the book’s author, Baltimore area native and Columbia University graduate John Potash, he extensively researched the book, which claims to show the FBI’s consistent pattern of undermining black activism.

The book claims that Shakur was deliberately targeted by the government, like other black leaders, due to his growing influence in the African-American community, utilizing Hip-Hop music.

"What I think it was was that he had become the most influential black man in the black community in the country," Potash told The Baltimore City Paper. "The CIA and U.S. intelligence, what they have to do is win the hearts and minds of the people. They don't want to control us by force, they want us to control ourselves by having us believe in a certain way--that we don't need national health care, for example. And here, Tupac was threatening to win over the hearts and minds of people, he was able to counter so much of the propaganda in the black community."

The FBI War on Tupac Shakur took ten years to research, utilizing court testimony, FBI documents and a number of previously unseen documents provided by The Black Panthers to Potash.

As for Death Row, Potash claims that the government was definitely involved in the record label’s operations, in a continued attempt to harass Shakur and derail his career.

"I believe that Death Row Records, which included dozens and dozens of police officers at all levels, according to a high-level police officer that investigated them, was a front company and was trying to continue penal coercion and mess up [Tupac Shakur's ] head," Potash said.

A research documentary also accompanies the self-published book.

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2010/06/17/22270000.aspx

Death Row controlled by the Government??

nerd.gif

Go back and read what I posted in the Drake thread about N.W.A., their family tree and the neutralization of Public Enemy and the resurgence of the black power movement.

You really think Eazy E was chilling with George Bush Sr. as a joke and promotion? You think they would let his black !#* in the white house to make a mockery of them? It's realer than some of y'all think...

If you want to know how real it is, go spend some time with your local college activist leader, get to know them and see how tainted the game really is. Here's a hint: most of them are plants.

The global elite controls EVERY aspect of society....

Music and sports are just as important to their goals as education and government...

We are screwed if we don't put this puzzle together in time

we're already screwed because nobody wants to dig for the truth...they just settle for the news....

2Pac Shakur was the best rapper of all-time. I understand exactly what he was trying to do... Money is a helluva drug.

laugh.gif
Conspiracy theorists. People educating others on their conspiracy theories when they themselves don't know what the hell they're talking about. Why the F do you dudes in even stay in the United States? Why not go somewhere where the "global elite" doesn't control anything? Yet, people stay in the US and keep pushing these conspiracies. If I believed any of them I wouldn't even live here.

2Pac Shakur was the best rapper of all-time. I understand exactly what 2Pac trying to do... Money is a helluva drug.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

laugh.gif
Conspiracy theorists. People educating others on their conspiracy theories when they themselves don't know what the hell they're talking about. Why the F do you dudes in even stay in the United States? Why not go somewhere where the "global elite" doesn't control anything? Yet, people stay in the US and keep pushing these conspiracies. If I believed any of them I wouldn't even live here.
What happens when you  run out of places to hide and have to face your fears?

I would rather stay put, educate myself, investigate my hunches (right or wrong), prepare for the worst (mentally and physically) and move according to a plan, than react to events.

And you say people don't know what they are talking about, what makes you so sure that you know what you're talking about? Because someone else told you? What have you ever had a hunch on and researched or investigated that challenges your way of thinking?

Originally Posted by jefffort5

we're already screwed because nobody wants to dig for the truth...they just settle for the news....

True spit. Drake said it best, they "hear but they don't listen."

If the feds routinely infiltrate the militia movement why would it surprise people to learn that they infiltrate other activist movements?

The feds have their hand in everything. Hoover built the model that the FBI currently operates under. Safe to say that Hoover was proactive when it came to perceived threats.

Even if they weren't they helped accomplish that goal. We already know the elite have an agenda so it's either their orchestrating things like this or indirectly contributed to ppl doing this on their own.

laugh.gif

ITS NOT THE U.S. ELITE JERK OFF.... ITS THE "GLOBAL" ELITE... 

laugh.gif
Well let me say that I don't buy into the belief of a secret cabal controlling the entire world or any of that fairy tale Illuminati garbage that people like to spout in order to feel smarter than others.  But the fact is, the FBI does indeed have a history of disrupting black activism...it is well documented under J. Edgar Hoover, the FBI purposely and continuously infiltrated and disrupted the Black Panthers and other pro-black organizations...look up Fred Hampton if you want to see an example of the kind of underhanded tactics they used to ****** the growth of these organizations.

My point of all that is that I feel that if anything, this is at least worth looking into.

All I'm going to say it that I'm buying the book...

...well I'll say this too - the Feds have been on hip hop for a long time - don't be fooled by this new age Rick Ross ''it's just entertainment'' mentality, for some it's more than music.

Even in the present day anyone with two fully functional ears could hear T.I. screaming that they were on his #!! since ''I'm Serious'' - if they want you, they'll get you...

...*%%$ - even the shortie M.I.A. was under ''Homeland Security'' pressure.

Back
Top Bottom