**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

New gen rappers are too self entitled they want vet cosigns ,advice,guest spots, want to be called the next legend yet don't wanna engage in any battling,no criticism ,no dislike.They want everyone to give them a free ride.its corny it's corporate it ain't hip hop. When did Brownnosing become acceptable? I love to see folks work together in hip hop but not working to dilute it and take away from it. That's being real if you wanna take the throne you can't claim it without battling for it. If not sit down and crossover to rnb. I don't care much for drake I don't hate him or like him I just think if you wanna talk this talk you gotta eventually back it up.Luda came at you and you said let me live.yet u popped up real fast to defend nicki minaj against a end of career lil Kim .Its a ridiculous sense of entitlement

QFT

lol sillyputty, your atheists threads are now null and void due to your taste in music.

i thought you were intelligent, but show me a wise man who adores drake....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Sillyputty sounding like that Optimus cat that used to be on NT a few years ago...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I seen't it too tho.

Is there a CDQ version out yet, still can't find a good quality. They all sound like radio rips

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Because in all honesty, we don't know what was going on behind the scenes with those two or if either of them had gotten into something and try to sneak diss each other. 

But to act like Serena doesn't play a part in this equation is equally as foolish.

Common wouldn't think to sneak diss dude at all if Drake wasn't in the picture. There have been artists long before Drake to be doing the same thing hes doing

But now Common has a problem.

Why?

Cause Drake smushed his chick. 
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Correction: EX-chick ... 
eyes.gif

Ain't no hands being held here... Just don't blindly defend Common like hes not butt-hurt over something behind the scenes.

See this is exactly what I was talking about... You first say we don't know what happened behind the scenes... then you say but to act like Serena doesn't have something to do with it is foolish...

Fair. I guess I should be more impartial. I will admit that.

But we know more about the Serena thing than we do about any other connection between those two guys. Thats for sure.

You just said NONE of us know whats going on behind the scenes,if they got into it over something and were sneak dissing each other in the past, but because Bun said something about Serena now acting like it doesn't have anything to do with her is foolish. You sound like you're trying to protect Aubrey and thats not a good look.  And this isn't about me trying to blindly defend Common because if you look you'll see I called boys out for not respecting Drake's pen game.
Agreed. I'm with you here.
Drake has had a battle or two back in the day and he straight slammed the dudes he was speaking about too. 
roll.gif

Common has a problem because Drake smashed his ex chick... Really?  Really? Common has a problem because Drake can actually rap and has advantage of having the masses on his side in general.  You saying that reminds me of something that people were pointing to in another battle that happened many years ago.  We all saw how that turned out, not to mention that the artist was much better with the words than the current one is.

Eh...its subjective as to "who is better" but I see your point.
The appeal of each artist is definitely different.

Drake clearly shows he can dumb it down or speed it up when he wants to. Hes THAT much in control of what he releases. We know it too; He has range and he has shown that he knows how to use it.

People are in here talking in absolutes like they had a conversation with either artist as to what their motives were... Common just did a interview a little bit after the album dropped in which he was talking about how he was playing some of his new album for his daughter who's a teenager and she told him it was good but it wasn't better than Diggy... How do y'all know what his motivation for speaking on the game is.  And I'm not saying that its not possible for him to have had Drake in mind, but people just want it to be this one way street when all we have is speculation. 

Common just sounded salty in that interview. Like his daughter wasn't feeling him, the new generation is overlooking him...Hes probably just feeling left out and wants to talk on the state of the game.
Thats cool...free country, right?...But the way hes going about it though? Just corny in my eyes.

And I also think that while it was never stated, he clearly targeted Drake on "sweet" and didn't expect him to respond...but then tried to act like "well it applies to anyone who got mad"...yeah right 
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

New gen rappers are too self entitled they want vet cosigns ,advice,guest spots, want to be called the next legend yet don't wanna engage in any battling,no criticism ,no dislike.They want everyone to give them a free ride.its corny it's corporate it ain't hip hop. When did Brownnosing become acceptable? I love to see folks work together in hip hop but not working to dilute it and take away from it. That's being real if you wanna take the throne you can't claim it without battling for it. If not sit down and crossover to rnb. I don't care much for drake I don't hate him or like him I just think if you wanna talk this talk you gotta eventually back it up.Luda came at you and you said let me live.yet u popped up real fast to defend nicki minaj against a end of career lil Kim .Its a ridiculous sense of entitlement
I think the new generation just doesn't want unnecessary problems.

Most beefs are just that. 

They don't solve anything and on top of that, they have the potential to get really out of control. We've all see what can happen when things spiral out of control, especially when FANS get caught up in it and lead to the downfall of either party. 

It should be about the music at the end of the day and I think thats what the new generation was trying to focus on. 

We all see where artists like 50 are creatively because of either his own limitations OR his inability to sustain connections with other artists. 

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

The thing that irks me the most is this dude saying %*%* like "I hope when you see me you speak, N!&&A!" and "WE can't wait until WE run into you", like he's really going to do something. And who is WE Audrey? This dude is probably gonna try and drag YMCMB into it and hide behind them.
Agreed, I spoke on that too...it sounds kinda corny...but the fact is... Just because dudes sing or act doesn't make them less "hard" or "tough" in person.

I'm sure ya'll would pick marlon brando or johnny cash in a fight, right? 

That speaks out our bias when it comes to MARKETED images of entertainment figures, when really, we know nothing about any of these people. 

I don't know if Trey Songz would knock out a dude and I don't know if Wayne would just turn into a punching bag... 
laugh.gif
...however, based on the music they release, you would think the tables were turned the other way.

This is why I always talk about the importance of the MUSIC over stuff like credibility, and back-stories, etc. 

Its all entertainment so don't let it fool you. 

To be clear though...this is all my subjective stance on this stuff. I'm just a fan of both artists trying to put my thoughts out there. I'm not rooting any of this in any sort of fact. Its all random connections I'm trying to link together so don't start acting like this is some sort of inerrant and concrete conclusion. 

Originally Posted by cartune

Let these gladiators gladiate

Wish he would have took that Pusha bait tho

If it had to be one this is the one I would've wanted....  *goes to play both versions of Dreams Money Can Buy*
pimp.gif

For The Record when i stated one was better than the other I was comparing Jay during his battle with Nas & Drake in his current state, saying Jay was clearly more talented with the bars than Aubrey is.  That's no diss because Shawn was more talented with the bars than damn near anyone who's ever rapped.

The thing that irks me the most is this dude saying %*%* like "I hope when you see me you speak, N!&&A!" and "WE can't wait until WE run into you", like he's really going to do something. And who is WE Audrey? This dude is probably gonna try and drag YMCMB into it and hide behind them.
Well if that's the case, I can't wait for the Gudda Gudda, Tyga, Mack Maine, Birdman and Bow Wow strugglebar fest, along with a 9 minute Wayne track about nothing in particular.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

If you're really going to sit here and act like Common wasn't talking about Drake on Sweet, you're kidding yourself. On some "he was just rapping and Drake took offense to it."...really? You don't believe that. And Common didn't take that route either. He sounded like he wanted to...but, he knows.

And Drake can rap. Really rap. So, you know, he might lose...but one thing's for sure...when/if he were to come out with a diss, it'd be better than those Common bars.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm starting to really wonder if Gudda Gudda and Tyga have accounts on NT.

Originally Posted by cartune

Let these gladiators gladiate

Wish he would have took that Pusha bait tho

Drake might have gotten that Secret Service detail for real if that one popped off... 
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I take it you never seen the Headlines video, he gon goons that'll take Common's head off..

laugh.gif

So finally listened to the diss track.  It was ok.  I see this dying real quick if drake doesn't respond.  If he does i think it would be interesting from a rap perspective.  Drake seems intelligent and i think would make a good diss record back aka he would do research on common's background and i feel like he could air common out more then common can to him.

Drake says - You can't sell records like me, Degrassi was better then that dumb queen latifa movie you made, i took serena from you u mad?
Common says - you soft, you fall for strippers then they leave you, your from canada, you are jewish.

Thats how i see it playing out if it actually did in which case i think drake wins
laugh.gif

honestly you guys take music too seriously.  I personally like drakes music better then commons.  That is really it for me.  And yes i am a male that likes drake oooo no im soft im a simp.
I don't understand why people cant listen to drake and the weeknd and then put on slaughterhouse, necro, jedi mind tricks, ill bill.  Whatever mood im in thats what i listen too.  Im not murder murder kill kill all the time and im not o she left me lets do drugs and eff women all the time either.

Just wait for a response from drake this thread is long for no reason we dont even know if he will respond

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

pimp.gif

Birdman knows, this beef *$%+ is for the birds.
We all just people out here at the end of the day, just make music and enjoy life while your here.
We seen some of our greatest talents taken from us over petty issues why even involve yourself when the world is so vast and beautiful?
This dude Common is an OG in the game, everybody had the utmost respect for son before this.
Drake tryna be too tough, You made Marvin's Room king, don't be pulling trigger fingers in video's like it's smack DVD and covering Say My Name in the same week.
There are 2 black millionaires wasting their energy on the dumbest *$%+ when they could be building, joke is on us at the end of the day.

Birdman...you don't make money off of diss records, cause you and the rest of your lame crew would get DESTROYED. Drake putting $ in his pockets...what the hell else was he gonna say?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Sillyputty sounding like that Optimus cat that used to be on NT a few years ago...
He is though. Aint no "sounding like" about it. Same person, different name. Still can't post without bias in favor of Drake.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

If you're really going to sit here and act like Common wasn't talking about Drake on Sweet, you're kidding yourself. On some "he was just rapping and Drake took offense to it."...really? You don't believe that. And Common didn't take that route either. He sounded like he wanted to...but, he knows.

And Drake can rap. Really rap. So, you know, he might lose...but one thing's for sure...when/if he were to come out with a diss, it'd be better than those Common bars.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm starting to really wonder if Gudda Gudda and Tyga have accounts on NT.

Drake is a good rapper though...
...Common is a good rapper as well.

That's why this is/will be so entertaining...

...and why do people keep sayin' Common is doin' this for buzz as if this N' ain't in like 2 movies every year?

I respect what Birdman had to say, but at the same time, this is hip hop, not R&B. Battling is at the core of the art... the music. I wanna see this kept peaceful but I also want to hear what an old head that represents an era that produced the best rap ever and a young cat that is at the front of this new movement have to say about one another in the booth.

I'm interested in hearing if Drake can hold his own and come out of this with more respect from people like me or if Common is going to rip his head off and show that this new generation isn't built like dudes from Common's era.

I just want to hear some good music come out of this. Not like this "beef" is going to turn ugly in the streets or something. Let those dudes cook.

Back
Top Bottom