**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

Originally Posted by YNDGAF

Peep game is hating u can't seriously be a common fan or defend him for the simple fact no one really knows why he is pissed off at drake

IT really doesn't matter.

Drake is a #%%!** lame.

You don't hop on a track sending out invites and not answer when a %*!%% tries to RSVP

MaxB.gif

The Common diss was wack and very dry...he started a beef to sell records. And, this is coming from a Chicago dude. It's a tactic of a lot of older guys in the industry. Just make some good music and keep it moving. Drake doesn't get anything out of responding to Common. Only Common does. It's a lose/lose for Drake right now. If he responds, no matter if its good or not...people will still call him soft. If he doesn't' respond people will call him soft.

Originally Posted by jefffort5

The Common diss was wack and very dry...he started a beef to sell records. And, this is coming from a Chicago dude. It's a tactic of a lot of older guys in the industry. Just make some good music and keep it moving. Drake doesn't get anything out of responding to Common. Only Common does. It's a lose/lose for Drake right now. If he responds, no matter if its good or not...people will still call him soft. If he doesn't' respond people will call him soft.

False.

If he comes at him with a legit diss record, he gets respect in my eyes, and the eyes of others.

Half of the %$##$+ mad, are only mad cause he's a hypocrite.

Dudes still saying this is about sells? When has Common ever reached for something to sell records. You tellin me after 15 plus years and movies/ tv roles now he cares about record sells. No. He called out Drake cuz felt like doing it. It's part of hip hop.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

False.

If he comes at him with a legit diss record, he gets respect in my eyes, and the eyes of others.

Exactly.  Alot of guys like me were just curious to how he would respond considering we respect his lyrical ability.  Dude looks EXTRA soft now after that Stay Schemin video.  He has the fans on his side and a nice verse or two would've probably got the win.  Because then he could've said "I gave him a lil 15 mins and now I'm done with that old dude" but naw he just went into hiding.  Common really disrespected this man and he just took it.

The fans are disappointed like when Lebron didn't do the dunk contest.  We don't even wanna see you win we just want to see you showcase your talent.  But naw these prima donnas are too scared to lose.  This generation is cut from a different cloth.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Dudes still saying this is about sells? When has Common ever reached for something to sell records. You tellin me after 15 plus years and movies/ tv roles now he cares about record sells. No. He called out Drake cuz felt like doing it. It's part of hip hop.

Exactly, Common isn't doing the 50 Cent tactic.

False.

Cmon, be real. No matter what Drake does there are people who will still slander his name and call him soft...regardless if he comes with a hard comeback or not. I don't even understand why people don't have respect for him now. This is a luke warm rap battle that has been hyped up only because Drake is involved.

You buggin man. you telling me a dope diss from Drake is a loss? If he ends up having the better diss tracks how does he lose?

I don't get how you can call this a tactic older guys uses and try to lump Common in cuz of his tenure in hip hop. How come he aint pull something like this UMC? did he think that was going gold? Finding Forever?

I don't get how ppl can say a vet is pulling a Curtis after the fact.

I thought french montanna said drake wanted to fight common p.s calling someones nameout on a track is lame
How can it be lame when Drake specifically asked for it? How are subliminal disses not lamer?

False.

Cmon, be real. No matter what Drake does there are people who will still slander his name and call him soft...regardless if he comes with a hard comeback or not. I don't even understand why people don't have respect for him now. This is a luke warm rap battle that has been hyped up only because Drake is involved.
Son, he can't be concerned with every single person who won't respect him but not responding would definitely bring about more ppl disrespecting him.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

You buggin man. you telling me a dope diss from Drake is a loss? If he ends up having the better diss tracks how does he lose?

I don't get how you can call this a tactic older guys uses and try to lump Common in cuz of his tenure in hip hop. How come he aint pull something like this UMC? did he think that was going gold? Finding Forever?

I thought french montanna said drake wanted to fight common p.s calling someones nameout on a track is lame
How can it be lame when Drake specifically asked for it? How are subliminal disses not lamer?
If you can't pinpoint exactly where the beef started...if it's not on some personal !!%!...then its a strategic move by Common. POINT BLANK. And, no...Drake would still have the same haters if he came back with a hard diss. That doesn't erase all the soft/emotional records that people hate on him for. And, after he would continue to make the same emotional music and have the same haters as he does now.

False.

Son, he can't be concerned with every single person who won't respect him but not responding would definitely bring about more ppl disrespecting him.
Drake has a solid fan base, he won't gain anything by coming out with a diss record.

Peep game is hating u can't seriously be a common fan or defend him for the simple fact no one really knows why he is pissed off at drake
Nope. If I was hating I would just say something like "Drake garbage" and leave it at that. I've said my opinion on Drake too many times in 
many threads (including this one) and don't feel like explaining anymore.

As far as "no one really knows why he is pissed off at Drake", did Common ever say he was pissed off? Common came at him from a purely

musical standpoint, straight on wax, and Drake just doesn't have the heart or guts (or bass in his voice) to get back at him. If you really listened

to that subliminal stuff he said on 'Stay Schemin', he basically rapped exactly what he said others were doing, pretty much exposing himself as

a gutless, cornball @$# fraud, and his fans seem to echo those same type of feelings, which is why they back him so much cause they can relate.

Drake got checked in what was a jab type verse, and Drake pulled the whole lame "Why why why won't they let the young cats live/he just hatin

on me" card. It's that simple. Nelly gained respect by going back at KRS, so you don't think Drake would gain any respect if he were to directly shoot

back at Common, regardless if he may lose or not?  

If you can't pinpoint exactly where the beef started...if it's not on some personal !!%!...then its a strategic move by Common. POINT BLANK. And, no...Drake would still have the same haters if he came back with a hard diss. That doesn't erase all the soft/emotional records that people hate on him for. And, after he would continue to make the same emotional music and have the same haters as he does now.
It was never "beef" to begin with. As far as rap battles go this aint no different or any pettier as far as how many start. I can pinpoint it though. Drake felt some way about Sweet. He felt it was directed at him. Sent subliminal shots on Stay Schemin. Com deaded all that subliminal shh quick and directly said his name in his diss towards him.

How you calling this a strategic move by Com? Unlike Drake he named names when he felt some way about a rapper saying something on wax. How many rap battles are about real personal !!%% anyway? Don't give me that lose-lose talk for Drake. He and his fans could spin a win in a rap battle over Common any way they want.

Yo rap battles are not some cure all. You don't enter in to one saying after you win you want everyone to love you so I don't know why you trying to make Drake look like such a helpless victim that'll never get respect. He'd get respect if he made a dope response. Would everyone respect and love him after that? No but some would at least respect him and not continue to see him as a soft dude. That's how it is in every rap battle though. People still like Ja Rule, Jay-Z, Prodigy,

I don't know what you saying when in many ways Drake is/was in the same position some would say Common was in when Cube dissed him over I Used To Love H.E.R. I'm sure a ton of dudes was saying Common is soft, look at the kind of music he makes, he don't want it with Cube, etc. Wasn't lose lose for Common though.

If Drake dissed Common back and it was fire a lot more ppl would say yeah he makes soft music for females but don't think he a pushover in a battle. His reputation would be different for sure. Unfortunately, he chose the path of letting more ppl assume he's a {} and until further notice can't really say he's not.

Drake has a solid fan base, he won't gain anything by coming out with a diss record.
Then why bring up these excuses about Com making strategic moves to gain an increase in album sales when Com has NEVER been about that? Both you and Drake are making that excuse trying to put it on Common instead of just saying nothing will be gained even if Drake wins, I'm not about that rap battle life. This aint about fan bases either I aint saying just cuz more ppl would respect Drake if he responded that they'd buy his albums, that's just my response to you saying ppl will still hate him which is simply not the case.

Dudes have such a twisted perception towards rap battles nowadays it's sickening. You want Common to put money on the battle or something?

[h1] [/h1]

[h1] [/h1]
[h1]Drake Says He Won’t Engage in Beef With Common Anymore [/h1] [h2] [/h2]
“Despite how it’s been worded by him that situation is not a ‘hip-hop moment’ or a ‘battle for the sake of musical integrity’… it’s a ploy for attention around the release of an album,

Drake is going to get out of EVERY confrontation by saying its a ploy for attention. He aint foolin me.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

[h1] [/h1]

[h1] [/h1]
[h1]Drake Says He Won’t Engage in Beef With Common Anymore [/h1] [h2] [/h2]
“Despite how it’s been worded by him that situation is not a ‘hip-hop moment’ or a ‘battle for the sake of musical integrity’… it’s a ploy for attention around the release of an album,

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Drake is going to get out of EVERY confrontation by saying its a ploy for attention. He aint foolin me.
politics have taken over hiphop is a terrible way.....i blame jay-z and 50 cent

it's already in the history books, Common already scarred Drake. you can have the record sales, the radio plays and all that extra stuff the public keeps up with.

The fact that Drake is scare of Common of all rappers is
roll.gif

Common is my dude, but if I made a list of least threatening rappers Common would rank very high..

Someone must have reminded Drake of "The @%+*! in Yoo"

Now can we finally classify Drake once and for all as an R&B artist.. And even then that is a shot at R&B artists. Trey Songz publicly went at R.Kelly.. And Remember Best of Both World song Shorty
"Said I wouldn't mention Sisqo, $%$$ it he's a bum
Ali bomaye, Hit you with the right hook
You be like, what the $%$$ was that
Me and Jigga, we are like the industries popo
*#%+* yall best !*+@ can't even $%$$ with our demo's"

Drake is softer than R&B cats
roll.gif

And wait he's apologizing to Vanessa "Bryant" if he hurt her... And making an excuse about his line... Did she threaten to beat him up?  He said the line we know what he was talking about... No excuse needed, what are you apologizing for.. If you didn't want to hurt her feelings then you should have never mentioned her personal business like that...  Dude is softer than Pau Gasol

Marcy bodied queens bridge in his soldier days, though. 
How are you going to blame a President for not running out on the battlefield. 

You should blame every weak rapper who attacks the hottest name out to get some shine, not the other way around. 

Drake was FEELIN HIMSELF on Stay Schemin alongside Ross and French now he's apologizing and saying no mas son i can't deal
laugh.gif

These dudes are all out funny to me...you throwing subliminals and hiding behind the curtain. Pick and choose who you wanna beef with. SMH

Originally Posted by PRIME

You should blame every weak rapper who attacks the hottest name out to get some shine, not the other way around. 

Except Common isnt a weak rapper.

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Originally Posted by PRIME

Except Common isnt a weak rapper.
^ You sure about that? His disses were extremely subpar and were outdone by Drake--a person most of y'all don't even consider a "rapper." Accept the fact that your overrated idol, Common, lost and move on.

Back
Top Bottom