New HBO series "Ballers" starring The Rock

They should've kept that Pusha T song they used in the promos as the intro song instead.

The Rock lent the guy $300k, Drew Rosenhaus filed a suit against Desean for $400k in unpaid credit cards and loans he owed him

so no not really
Desean will be alright, he's starting to invest his money he still has millions coming before his career is over

The guys who didn't like this, are you in to football?

I found it cool. It has potential. I'll keep watching.

is he on that rent a place and own 4 car plan?
You sound like a real hater, yes he's cashed a million dollars worth of cars and could shut down the car thread here but he can afford it.  He's still only 28 and has millions more coming, living the show in real life

You sound like a real hater, yes he's cashed a million dollars worth of cars and could shut down the car thread here but he can afford it.  He's still only 28 and has millions more coming, living the show in real life

I know you are a troll anyway so I won't engage you

It's amazing how guys stunt for athletes, actors, rappers, etc.. :lol: Bless your hearts for sticking up for your heros... :smokin

The reality of the situation is that 78% if all nfl players declare bankruptcy within 2 years of retirement. What side Desean falls on percentage wise remains to be seen but if he can't pay back the loan(s) his agent gave him, the odds are we know what side he will fall on.

The eye opening article that appeared in SI back in 2009 by Pablo S Torre is a great read.

http://www.si.com/vault/2009/03/23/105789480/how-and-why-athletes-go-broke

If reading isn't your thing, check out this espn 30 For 30 Broke. Very eye opening on how careless pro athletes are with their money.

Last edited:
It's amazing how guys stunt for athletes, actors, rappers, etc..
laugh.gif
Bless your hearts for sticking up for your heros...
smokin.gif

The reality of the situation is that 78% if all nfl players declare bankruptcy within 2 years of retirement. What side Desean falls on percentage wise remains to be seen but if he can't pay back the loan(s) his agent gave him, the odds are we know what side he will fall on.

The eye opening article that appeared in SI back in 2009 by Pablo S Torre is a great read.

http://www.si.com/vault/2009/03/23/105789480/how-and-why-athletes-go-broke

If reading isn't your thing, check out this espn 30 For 30 Broke. Very eye opening on how careless pro athletes are with their money.

when you are in debt waiting for the next contract to get out of it, it's a cycle that repeats itself until there isn't a "next" contract

I guess I stand corrected about the %... I was going by the info on google..

I guess espn really are liars... :lol:

View media item 1593935
I wonder why such a wide disparity in figures between the cnbc article you posted & previous articles.

Oh well...

Last edited:
I think that 78% number includes former players in "financial distress" where the 16% may be players that officially declared bankruptcy.

I'm on both sides of the fence on this subject... on one hand A lot of pro ballers do some real stupid **** with money

On the other hand you have A lot of dudes who LOVE to talk down and emasculate these players because they are living a life that some cats have never felt a piece of. There's alot of guys who you can tell are wishing on the demise of players to fail. :smh:

I think that 78% number includes former players in "financial distress" where the 16% may be players that officially declared bankruptcy.

You are correct as far as wording that I should've included financial distress at least according to the google post. I just typed too fast & omitted that...

You are correct as far as wording that I should've included financial distress at least according to the google post. I just typed too fast & omitted that...
yeah I'm not sure how they define financial stress but either way both those numbers are too high.

I thought the pilot was decent. Honestly, tuned in to see how well the Rock would act in the series and of course, the women on the show.
devil.gif
 That white chick with the agent was nice lol.

I thought the show was pretty bad and I love football. The opening scene of that football player getting killed in that stupid car crash was just awful. LeToya Luckett's acting :x

It has potential, but the characters are all cliche to me. We have your typical dumb god fearing jock who only values god, family, and football and the old meat head "golden boy" who is having a hard time adjusting after life after football.

And whats with that stupid subplot of that fat offensive linemen who went to work for the Chevy Dealership. That situation seemed so out of place and poorly written.

All of the interesting characters they could have drew inspiration from in professional football and we get this? And the acting was mediocre to me as well... The Rock and the other financial adviser were the only bright spots on the show and even their interactions were kind of forced and somewhat corny.

I'll give this show a few more episodes before I completely give up on it just because it takes place in my city, but after that its a wrap.

Back
Top Bottom