~NEW. Houston. TEXANS. Preseason Thread 2017~ Pats @ NRG

We ran a screen to Fuller on a 4th & 16 on the Vikings side of the field when the game was still sorta within grasp. Vikings took that short field and ended the game. That should tell everybody what you need to know about Bill OBrien.

I'm not entertaining anybody telling he's a decent coach.

Brock sucks, he's worse that Hoyer. And that's saying something.

all of this

We ran a screen to Fuller on a 4th & 16 on the Vikings side of the field when the game was still sorta within grasp. Vikings took that short field and ended the game. That should tell everybody what you need to know about Bill OBrien.

I'm not entertaining anybody telling he's a decent coach.

Brock sucks, he's worse that Hoyer. And that's saying something.

That 4th and 16 screen was atrocious. I have no idea what the point of that play at that point was. Fuller is fast as hell, both there was no way he was going to make that.

Also, I can't say if Brock stinks or not. Can't excuse the overthrows and some generally easy passes to make, but I cant excuse bad line play either. The line never played well until the game was out of reach where Alfred Blue was able to pop off big gains. Lamar Miller is getting beat up with all these carries With no gains. Gonna turn him into Foster minus the accolades with that continues.

I thought that screen pass was going to be a trick play double pass or something... And then Fuller just ran with the ball :lol: :lol:

I thought that screen pass was going to be a trick play double pass or something... And then Fuller just ran with the ball :lol: :lol:

Would've been a terrible play call either way :lol:

Still, to invest into a QB, RB, o-line, and WRs, the return isn't coming back in 5 games so far. Colts on Sunday night. If Brock can't throw for 300+ on them at home, then that's when you should do something.

I think Sunday night will be the breakout game for that whole offense. Brian Hoyer just had 400 yards on them and Jordan Howard had almost 200 yards combined in running and receiving. I don't even know who Cameron Meredith is but he had 9 catches for 130 yards and a TD.

Who cares? We know we can beat trash teams.

The problem is looking non-competitive against good teams :lol:

Who cares? We know we can beat trash teams.

The problem is looking non-competitive against good teams :lol:

Yep. With such bad QB play (offensive play in general), you're having to even dogfight with the trash teams. Broncos, Vikings, and Pats will be the best defenses the Texans will play all year. GB, Detroit, and now Oakland are high-powered offenses, and you know one of those Colts games will be one of those type of games. So with 2 losses already, you're looking about 5 (possibly even more, idk) games that could go either way, and that will be determined by what our offense does. Yesterday was an exception with the defense taking the brunt of the wear giving up big plays early on, but I'm not all that worried about the defense being on their heels he the offense can manage more than 3 & outs and not at all moving up and down the field.

MINNEAPOLIS -- It was a painful experience for the Texans against the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday, in many ways beyond the embarrassment of another road defeat inflicted upon the defending AFC South champions.

During a 31-13 loss at U.S. Bank Stadium that wasn't nearly as close as the scoreboard would suggest, the Texans lost five players due to injuries.

The most serious injury appeared to be tight end Ryan Griffin being carted off the field to the locker room after getting shaken up and being down for several minutes in the third quarter. Griffin suffered a neck injury and will get examined further Monday. He had normal movement and was able to walk off the field under his own power. Griffin made the tackle after an interception by Texans quarterback Brock Osweiler.

Meanwhile, Texans strong safety Quintin Demps injured his left calf and didn't return. Demps got hurt early in the game and spent the rest of the day with an ice pack wrapped around his leg.

A magnetic resonance imaging exam will be conducted Monday to determine the extent of the injury.

"I feel all right," Demps said. "It just tightened up. It's just sore."

With Demps out of the game, second-year safety Corey Moore replaced him in the lineup. Moore was late arriving with help on a touchdown pass to Adam Thielen where the wide receiver got behind veteran cornerback Johnathan Joseph in the first quarter.

Besides Griffin and Demps, three other key players got hurt for the Texans and didn't return: offensive guard Jeff Allen (concussion), Joseph (concussion and linebacker Brian Peters (quadriceps).

Plus, starting cornerback Kareem Jackson missed the game with a hamstring injury.
"We lost a lot of guys, not any justification, but we lost a lot of starters," offensive tackle Duane Brown said. "That's never easy."

Crazy how stuff turns out. Fuller drops a deep pass that hits him right in the hands, then Brock throws an INT on the very next play, the play that Griffin injuries his neck on.

where the **** is Lonnie Ballentine? Literally no news on him since May when he was supposed to be at training camp. wtf

where the **** is Lonnie Ballentine? Literally no news on him since May when he was supposed to be at training camp. wtf

You didn't know he was placed on IR back on August 30th??? That's pretty much the last update I've seen of him. Supposed to miss the first 6 games at least

You didn't know he was placed on IR back on August 30th??? That's pretty much the last update I've seen of him. Supposed to miss the first 6 games at least

yea...but considering he was supposed to be back during camp, that doesnt exactly jive. and with no news its a big question mark...like what is actually going on? I'd think there would be talks of him practicing/progressing or something. Like I can't tell if he's gonna be ready to suit up and play mins or if he's done until next year.

i know i hype him....he's still a relatively raw prospect, but he's the best DB prospect we've had maybe ever (imo). Even if he doesnt pan out, his mold is what we need to key on and we've seemed to be content with our secondary for a long time now.

Last edited:

yea...but considering he was supposed to be back during camp, that doesnt exactly jive. and with no news its a big question mark...like what is actually going on? I'd think there would be talks of him practicing/progressing or something. Like I can't tell if he's gonna be ready to suit up and play mins or if he's done until next year.

i know i hype him....he's still a relatively raw prospect, but he's the best DB prospect we've had maybe ever (imo). Even if he doesnt pan out, his mold is what we need to key on and we've seemed to be content with our secondary for a long time now.

Yea it does sound kind of funny. We've heard injury reports from pretty much every one other than him. I remember them saying they were placing him on IR, but I never actually heard what the injury was. And it's basically been almost 2 months since anything was said about him.

Houston Texans Roster Moves: Texans Sign Robert Nelson, Release Brandon Dunn
usa-today-9493791.0.jpg

The Texans’ secondary has continued to suffer after last weeks Vikings game. During this game, the Texans lost starting cornerback Johnathan Joseph to a concussion and starting safety Quintin Demps to a calf injury. This was after the Texans found out earlier that day that they would be without their other starting cornerback, Kareem Jackson, due to a hamstring injury.

The signing of Nelson also led to the release of defensive end Brandon Dunn, who had been signed to the roster after Devon Still was placed on IR. Nelson had been with the Texans during the preseason and was on the field for quite a bit of the exhibition games, notching a 57% snap percentage. Nelson’s signing shows that the Texans might be expecting to be without a few of their corners for Sunday night’s game against the Colts and will hope that Nelson can ably fill in where needed.

The Texans could be shorthanded along the right side of the offensive line Sunday.

Texans offensive guard Jeff Allen and right tackle Derek Newton both didn't practice for the second consecutive day Thursday.

Allen is still under the NFL concussion protocol. Newton has an ankle injury.

Meanwhile, tight end Stephen Anderson (hamstring), safety Quintin Demps (calf), running back Jonathan Grimes (cracked fibula) and inside linebacker Brian peters didn't practice.

Offensive tackle Duane Brown (quadriceps), tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz (ankle), wide receiver Will Fuller (hamstring), cornerback Johnathan Joseph (concussion), tight end Ryan Griffin (concussion), cornerback Kareem Jackson (hamstring) and wide receiver Braxton Miller (hamstring) were all limited.

The following players participated fully: cornerback Charles James (hand), cornerback Kevin Johnson (ankle), offensive guard Oday Aboushi (toe), center Greg Mancz (shoulder) and offensive guard Xavier Su'a-Filo (knee).

These injuries are coming at an awful time right now with the Colts coming in.

Offense looks miserable and it's starting to affect the defense, dudes getting no pressure smh

yea 1. our secondary is slaw. 2. our defense/line isn't dominant to where we cant stay on the field all day

Brock and this offense is basically collapsing our entire team. I'm surprised we've even won any games thus far the way they've played since NE. The first few were shaky, but we figured it out. Teams probably had some easy tape material and adjusted though I guess.

Last edited:
yea 1. our secondary is slaw. 2. our defense/line isn't dominant to where we cant stay on the field all day

Brock and this offense is basically collapsing our entire team. I'm surprised we've even won any games thus far the way they've played since NE. The first few were shaky, but we figured it out. Teams probably had some easy tape material and adjusted though I guess.

Pretty much. BOB took over the play-calling, and that worked out for maybe 1 half of football. You're still in the game if you get something going, but this feels like another slow death with a team correcting what they normally don't do well vs the Texans

Playing fantasy and I got Novak + Texans D @ home (obviously) vs. Adam V. I was projected to win 115-87 to start and im down 75-79 right now.

I sat the eagles defense (2 defensive TD + kickoff return) having "faith" that we'd bounce back. They really testing my faith :lol:

Back
Top Bottom