New Lil' Wayne- Hot Revolver

ohwell.gif

People are going to say he swagga jacking Kanye despite the fact that Lil Wayne was singing on songs such as Brande New way before Love Lockdown surfaced. Idon't remember Kanye using auto tune vehemently until after Lollipop blew up.

Its okay, I guess. Just like Kanye's new songs, I be expecting the beat to either pick up or climax at some point, and it never does. Besides that, itsalright.

Originally Posted by Themsomeflykicks

Maybe
eyes.gif
at myself, but it's really not that bad.

Yall were talking like it didn't even have a beat or something. I've DEFINITELY heard worse.

This > All that 808 stuff

I was pleasantly surprised. The responses made me think it was HORRIBLE

By Wayne standards this a good sign. Look at the progress we have.

1) I understand what he's saying, his speech has been has been difficult to understand at times.

2) A coherent song. What he's saying ACTUALLY makes sense to non-"martians". I didn't have to scratch my head and rewind once.

The song was average. FAR from horrible.

Originally Posted by r33p04s

the song isnt that bad....you guys need to step back and really look at what you're saying that kanye gets a pass over wayne...they are the exact same thing and both wayne and kanye are biting t-pain simple...808's is basura outside of a couple DECENT tracks and wayne comes with basura but will have a couple hot tracks mixed in...and i think wayne is taking a distinctly "rock" spin on his music compared to kanye...and rappers need to stop $+@*#@+ with the auto-tune i can't stand to hear anyone use it except teddy and my girl riri everyone else manages to make it sound like they don't know how to hold a note
smh.gif
N' IS YOU SERIOUS??!?!!
roger.jpg

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

the song isnt that bad....you guys need to step back and really look at what you're saying that kanye gets a pass over wayne...they are the exact same thing and both wayne and kanye are biting t-pain simple...808's is basura outside of a couple DECENT tracks and wayne comes with basura but will have a couple hot tracks mixed in...and i think wayne is taking a distinctly "rock" spin on his music compared to kanye...and rappers need to stop $+@*#@+ with the auto-tune i can't stand to hear anyone use it except teddy and my girl riri everyone else manages to make it sound like they don't know how to hold a note
smh.gif
N' IS YOU SERIOUS??!?!!
roger.jpg

laugh.gif

but 808 and this crap is basically the same thing, auto-tune and singing.
Your right, lets forget the other effects he used on the vocals, the intricate production, and the meaning behind the content of the album,basically the same.
eyes.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

smh.gif
N' IS YOU SERIOUS??!?!!
roger.jpg
He look like he sayin "N I never used Autotune. It wasnt invented to after I died. I used a talkbox which sounds nothin like autotune."

Originally Posted by Mw2889

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

you can't hate on his work ethic...
I know you aren't the first person to compliment his work ethic, so let me make this really clear.

Just because you put out 1,000 songs doesn't mean you have good work ethic.

QFT. .

For example, if a player goes into the gym every day and practices basketball by just throwing the ball off of the backboard every day instead of practicing onmaking shots then you wouldn't complement his work ethic as a ballplayer. That is the equivalent of what Wayne is doing right now IMO.

this is gonna be a hit and gonna make him a lot of money but wayneeeeeeeeee dont do it. your a rapper. i want that squad up wayne back "fee you gotta feelme on this one"!
pimp.gif

Kanye is one of my favorite artist, but he does not get a pass because of that. Though his music sounds better with the auto-tune than Wayne's does, Iwould rather here him rap. This auto-tune mess is going too far. Why couldn't they just let Teddy P have his fun? Wayne's auto-tune
sick.gif
!

The problem is, no one is going into this with an open mind. We all love College Dropout and The Carter 2, but we have to face it, this is the music they aremaking now. You can't keep listening to their new music and expecting the old stuff. They're artists, they have to experiment with new things andchange their style, its what artists do. Although I don't think this is their best work, its not as bad as you make it seem. I like 808s and I like thistrack, regardless of what you all say. Its different and its new. Take it for what it is.

I usually dont even bother reading or responding to Weezy threads because I think hes trash...

But yo,in all seriousness.... How do you dudes listen to this dude after The Carter 2???

Ok, now I KNOW that lames are going to be riding around knocking this rock type steez..

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Whoever I see trying to beat down the block with this, I'm giving em 4 flats (sarcasm)
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom