New NBA Logo (I think it's time!! What do guys think??)

I like your concept but I am bias cause I like to keep it retro so I have to go with the classic logo.

^^^ hell yeah. keep it as it is. change it and that would make me feel a whole lot older

Originally Posted by jayzrdead

cool imo but i dont think they would base a major logo on one man no matter who it is or was.
false seeing how the actual NBA logo is a silhouette of Jerry West.
and i agree nice execution but keep it classic

Nah, this is what's wrong with today, everyone wants to update things that are classic, and don't need to be updated.

The Jordan logo is nice, but there's nothing wrong with the original, at all.

Never change the nba logo. EVER....anyway, why would u use that MJ dunk? u should use the jumpman or the the one in the dunk contest when he is floating in theair.

From the perspective of a designer and a Jordan fan...thats a great rendition of the logo. Good work!

Welcome to the board titojordan.

This forum is for the specific discussion of Jordan Brand footwear and products.

Your topic is better suited for the Sports forum so that is where I have moved it.

Regarding the topic, I don't believe the NBA acknowledges that they used Jerry West as the logo so you know they aren't going to use MJ if they were tomake a new logo. Think about it, not only would they be inviting controversy by elevating one great above the others, they'd have to pay the person theychose. I don't believe the NBA would be allowed to use MJ's image like that without paying him.

As far as the logo accurately representing the league, how is the image of MJ dunking any more accurate? NBA players dribble much more than they dunk. On topof that, players have always been athletic, almost always been dunking, and the pace has been fast for some time now.

The logo itself is OK. I don't like the idea of doubling it in size and more importantly, I don't like the idea behind the change.

When was the last official logo change of a league?

Didn't MLB have one a few years ago where it was just the batter with a bat in his hands and the ball was damn near next to his head? Where that logo go?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MH602

I like that, but i dont know if they would ever change it.David Stern is an idiot, he would probably want it to be yao ming to bring the world more into nba basketball
indifferent.gif
or something stupid like that.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
but true.

I could soooooo see Stern making it some yao @### and making the colors red and yello. If he ever did that i would stop watching the NBA. +%@* Stern and +%@*his globalization.
indifferent.gif

but im feeling the Air Jordan logo but it would be better as the actual swing man.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MH602

I like that, but i dont know if they would ever change it.David Stern is an idiot, he would probably want it to be yao ming to bring the world more into nba basketball
indifferent.gif
or something stupid like that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chonkeyb

cool idea, but what about all the white guys who cant dunk...

what about all the guys (white black brown or otherwise) who can't dribble?

but I agree with the others, the Jerry West stays, but nice execution on the jordan logo.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Hell naw.

The Jerry West logo is timeless.

It does not need a change.

co-effing-sign...dont change history...keep it the way it is because this way theres aLways a Laker in every NBA product
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom