New Niketown Launch Policy

Here is NIke's new policy for all major releases at their own stores. 

Nike Store Launches – Twitter RSVP 

Twitter RSVP is used to help manage product launches at Nike Stores. Follow your local Nike Store on Twitter for launch announcements and frequent updates.

The Twitter RSVP Process:
  • On the RSVP date, our store will send a tweet at a random time to begin our Twitter RSVP process, including a product specific hashtag (#tag).
  • Once registration is open, you must Direct Message(“DM

Just adding more stress... more hype... it'll just make you more antsy...
I.D.?... What about for those who doesn't have a twitter acct.?... like me

This makes me happy because it will give me an opportunity to get a shoe that I could not stand in line for for a week. I also like that you can stop by anytime on RD to pick it up rather than have to be there early and such.

Originally Posted by alexanderfasto

You might as well create a twitter account for this policy.

I'm not mad at this new procedure. My Niketown's (SF & Las Vegas) have always had relatively organized releases. May it be the Twitter RSVP, in-store ID registration, or raffle - NikeTown is always organized and less hectic. Footlocker, Finishline, HOH, and mom/pop shops are the ones who have to get their situations together.

damn...makes no difference to me
frown.gif
only nikestore near me is a running store, they got nothing but freeruns, smdh
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by alexanderfasto

What's your point? You have to create a twitter account, just like you have to create an account to buy sneakers online. Big deal. Millions have a twitter account, and twitter is the easiest way to broadcast to the masses, while not putting strain on Nike's already pathetic systems.

While this doesn't curb the problem given that we're only talking about 24 stores in 12 states, eliminating midnight releases and going to this system will provide relief to those in densely populated urban areas (where the highest number of social media users reside), and set a standard for non-Nike retailers to follow suit. Nike was the only one who could initiate some change, and we will see this ripple across the industry in the months to come. It will curb the camping (no longer allowed), and make people more aware of their behavior, while having an impact on reseller scum who have no real income outside of gouging on sneakers. More hype? Not even possible, but way to be part of the problem!

STILL CAN'T BELIEVE HOUSTON DOESN'T HAVE A NIKE STORE. FOURTH LARGEST CITY IN THE COUNTRY AND PROBABLY THE HIGHEST CONCENTRATION OF SNEAKERHEADS. GUESS I GOT TO REGISTER WITH NIKETOWN DALLAS AND DRIVE DOWN IF I GET A CONFIRMATION FOR HOT RELEASES.

This is Nike's idea of banning midnight releases. I still find it hard to believe Footlockers and other companies like them will follow suit.

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

This is Nike's idea of banning midnight releases. I still find it hard to believe Footlockers and other companies like them will follow suit.

If they were smart they would. It would cut down on phone calls before releases, it would allow stores to avoid tensions with mall ownership when negative press results from fights and police intervention during releases, and it would help staff fulfill orders with less stress and chaos, while rooting out the need to open at off hours in some instances.

When will NikeNYC begin to follow people?

Who is handling the DMs? Is this a person affiliated with the specific Niketown or just someone behind a computer a la customer service?

Corporate/verified accounts don't need to follow anyone to receive DMs on twitter. Nike stores will never follow everyone.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

If they were smart they would. It would cut down on phone calls before releases, it would allow stores to avoid tensions with mall ownership when negative press results from fights and police intervention during releases, and it would help staff fulfill orders with less stress and chaos, while rooting out the need to open at off hours in some instances.
Even though I've heard that Footlocker *is developing a Social Media department at their HQ in NYC ... It still makes no sense as to why they didn't jump on that at least a year ago. While I love my current job, I'd love to help Footlocker develop a useful social media presence, PM ME! Lol.

pretty good idea..too bad the niketown in boston is about 20mins away and just awful to drive to

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Corporate/verified accounts don't need to follow anyone to receive DMs on twitter. Nike stores will never follow everyone.
 .... @nikestore follows me though, lol. But, you're right. Corporate/verified accounts have advanced messaging privileges.

Interested to see if this works or not.

Lets hope it stops people from bringing their grandmas to releases.

Originally Posted by rjn915

pretty good idea..too bad the niketown in boston is about 20mins away and just awful to drive to

Only 20 min? man so many people would love to only have to drive that....me included.

this is stupid
nike santa monica has been doing this and its terrible

i am always within the first 2/3 people to reply and I NEVER GOT ANY DMs

PMO

Originally Posted by toughmoney

Originally Posted by rjn915

Only 20 min? man so many people would love to only have to drive that....me included.
I know what it must seem like to those not from the area, but trust me, getting into NikeTown Boston is a tremendous pain in the rear end.  I'm about 15-20 minutes outside of Boston, but to actually get into NT, and park, and all that goes into it?  It's a total of near an hour of time (and much more in pure aggravation).

Back
Top Bottom